New Bug for Mobile App, MASSIVE CONSEQUENCES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7629

Attack alerts no longer working ! Re-set all settings. Still nothing, in no world. Worked fine all this time - didn't change a thing, now it no longer works. Ever since the latest update. So something on Inno side for sure.

This is for iPhone mobile app. I can not test other phones, but reporting it for iPhone for sure.

I went back, re-set settings. Re-did everything. Still, no attack alerts !

I am sure you all can see how important this is. This is the most vital part of the game. PLEASE resolve this issue asap.

Thanks !

DeletedUser7629

Now this is verified with ALL iPhone users only. Seems NOT to be effecting other phones, only iPhone Mobile app has this issue, BUT I have verified it with ALL other iPhone users in both my worlds. A 100% casualty rate.

So this is official. Please help Innogames, I am sure you understand, this is huge !

DeletedUser7629

Wow !! That was super fast ! What a great response time.

I tested it. And yes, working again properly in all worlds.

Thanks Daedalus ! Awesome work !

DeletedUser

Is there an online guide to what the mobile app can do? Other than alerts, and the pretty graphics, the usefulness eludes me.

DeletedUser7629

Is there an online guide to what the mobile app can do? Other than alerts, and the pretty graphics, the usefulness eludes me.

Absolutely nothing. As a matter of fact, its a major handicap trying to play on it. BUT its all they got for mobile, and the attack alerts alone make it 100% worth it and IMO needed. Mandatory in my alliances.

Also, honestly, in a crunch, on the road, no computer, it will do. Which again, is why its a must.

Now, do I wish it was way better ? Yes of course. Do I have a long list of things they need to fix and implement in it from the browser version ? Yes.

DeletedUser

Anyone else having problems with the new mobile app push for iPhone? As of 2 days ago, my iPhone no longer gives me alerts unless I push a button. THEN it tells me I have 1..2...5 etc attacks!!!! So far just me and someone else in my alliance have a problem. Our Samsung guys aren't complaining.

DeletedUser7629

Anyone else having problems with the new mobile app push for iPhone? As of 2 days ago, my iPhone no longer gives me alerts unless I push a button. THEN it tells me I have 1..2...5 etc attacks!!!! So far just me and someone else in my alliance have a problem. Our Samsung guys aren't complaining.

Just checked, then double checked. Working fine for me. Don't know what to say.

Could be the connection/signal ? That behavior actually sounds just like what it does when it was in a deadzone for a bit, then you touch the phone and its connection snaps back strong. Therefore, sending you all the attack information that happened earlier at one time.

DeletedUser

I'm sitting up at 6 am. Spent the night pressing the 'home' button on the iphone. All night. Finally it tells me I was attacked 15 min ago. The app for iPhone is rebroken with the new Grepolis Devine update.

DeletedUser8562

I'm sitting up at 6 am. Spent the night pressing the 'home' button on the iphone. All night. Finally it tells me I was attacked 15 min ago. The app for iPhone is rebroken with the new Grepolis Devine update.

just use your browser?

DeletedUser

There's a thought. Bring my computer to the bedroom with me. It can hang around the bed with my cell phone, chargers, powerstrips, spouse and the family dog.

I hope the programmers for the mobile app got what THEY wanted out of the new roll out. Maybe a prettier screen that no one uses or something. But they killed the mobile app's usefulness. Another of my players lost a city this morning just because he switched to an iPhone.

There's a laundry list of ways to make the mobile app appropriate for its medium, but the developers are apparently stymied by group think in the doldrums. Be that as it may, the only utility for the 50+ Mb load on the phone is the darned alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7629

There's a thought. Bring my computer to the bedroom with me. It can hang around the bed with my cell phone, chargers, powerstrips, spouse and the family dog.

I hope the programmers for the mobile app got what THEY wanted out of the new roll out. Maybe a prettier screen that no one uses or something. But they killed the mobile app's usefulness. Another of my players lost a city this morning just because he switched to an iPhone.

There's a laundry list of ways to make the mobile app appropriate for its medium, but the developers are apparently stymied by group think in the doldrums. Be that as it may, the only utility for the 50+ Mb load on the phone is the darned alarm.

Man, just to be sure, and I feel your pain, so I went and quadruple checked today. Had people attack me, I attacked myself, etc.. Mobile attack alerts worked instantly on all occasions. I don't know what to tell you. Are you sure its not signal/wifi/iSP related ?

I am having no issues on my end. Cause you'd know for sure, I'd be the first to complain ! haha..

DeletedUser

I've just asked all my peeps having troubles to put in support tickets.

Tired of being treated like I just need a browser refresh when this is a bigger problem. As a former business quality process engineer, I find this maddening.

DeletedUser7629

just use your browser?

BTW, he means (I think) use the browser version on your mobile phone. I do this sometimes cause the App is so useless (other than its alert).
How you do it is, quit the App. Then launch safari on your phone. Manually go to grepo site, and log in as you would from your computer. It may ask you "do you want to use mobile app version ?" click "NO, use desktop version"..

Then you are using browser version of game, from your mobile app. Thing is, is if it is a internet lagging/signal lagging issue, same thing will happen.

DeletedUser

Well that is certainly a potential die hard work around. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Man, just to be sure, and I feel your pain, so I went and quadruple checked today. Had people attack me, I attacked myself, etc.. Mobile attack alerts worked instantly on all occasions. I don't know what to tell you. Are you sure its not signal/wifi/iSP related ?

I am having no issues on my end. Cause you'd know for sure, I'd be the first to complain ! haha..

Checked that all must be nice to get what you pay for.

Wait just happen again another attack was sent and no alarm....

This is what people who pay for the game should say
Ok thought it might have been me at first but the alarms have not been sounding for days now, was up right next to my tablet all morning from 5:30am today till now, i have been attacked and cleared and attacked again in that time and never received a single alarm, cleared data and even did a restart nothing fixed it what's up with the alarms, now the overview is not showing all the stuff coming and going I have stuff that hits with out ever being on my overview, I pay good money to have my overview on this game if stuff is not fixed soon I'll have to contact better business Bureau, as I paid for this overview and you are not given what I paid for witch is a overview that shows incoming and out going attacks/ support.

DeletedUser

Checked that all must be nice to get what you pay for.

Wait just happen again another attack was sent and no alarm....

This is what people who pay for the game should say
Ok thought it might have been me at first but the alarms have not been sounding for days now, was up right next to my tablet all morning from 5:30am today till now, i have been attacked and cleared and attacked again in that time and never received a single alarm, cleared data and even did a restart nothing fixed it what's up with the alarms, now the overview is not showing all the stuff coming and going I have stuff that hits with out ever being on my overview, I pay good money to have my overview on this game if stuff is not fixed soon I'll have to contact better business Bureau, as I paid for this overview and you are not given what I paid for witch is a overview that shows incoming and out going attacks/ support.

If you are having an issue with your device not operating properly, please feel free to contact your device manufacturer. The game itself is operating normally and the vast majority of players are using it without issue. As for getting what you are paying for, I am very sorry but you are not paying for the mobile app as it is a free app for all players. If there is something that you are paying for that you are not receiving we will gladly help make that happen. Threats are not appreciated, feel free to put in a ticket.

This thread has served its purpose. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.