Naxos Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser

You consider that an op? I suppose anything with more then one target COULD be considered an op. I just think of an op as more like 5 targets this early. My thoughts I suppose.

One player didn't ask for help. That's on leadership, noobs that can't ask for help shouldn't have been allowed to join.

The other player is usually much better about stuff like that. He never let us know there was a CS on the way, or we would've sent out a MM and stacked it to the brim. I'll take the blame though, should've sent out a MM as soon as I saw it revolted I suppose.

Congrats, 2 cities. The one hurt, the one doesn't matter, but 2 nonetheless. Good wars can go into the hundreds of cities though, we'll see how much those 2 cities matter at the end of the war.

DeletedUser

You consider that an op? I suppose anything with more then one target COULD be considered an op. I just think of an op as more like 5 targets this early. My thoughts I suppose.

One player didn't ask for help. That's on leadership, noobs that can't ask for help shouldn't have been allowed to join.

The other player is usually much better about stuff like that. He never let us know there was a CS on the way, or we would've sent out a MM and stacked it to the brim. I'll take the blame though, should've sent out a MM as soon as I saw it revolted I suppose.

Congrats, 2 cities. The one hurt, the one doesn't matter, but 2 nonetheless. Good wars can go into the hundreds of cities though, we'll see how much those 2 cities matter at the end of the war.

lol... It was pretty stacked, from what i saw. A lot of people sent support from how it looked... :) We were just warming up. the excuse about how he didnt see a cs is coming is funny. Didnt he realize the people who revolted him had a short cs time?

DeletedUser7789

Nah that was totally an op. We called it operation: take 2 cities.

DeletedUser

lol... It was pretty stacked, from what i saw. A lot of people sent support from how it looked... :) We were just warming up. the excuse about how he didnt see a cs is coming is funny. Didnt he realize the people who revolted him had a short cs time?

Not trying to make an excuse, just how it is. I said congrats, we should have done better. He didn't see it coming actually, he said it was landed at 4 in the morning his time. I, and probably you mflip, would have stayed up for our cities, but some people can't, just how it is.

It wasn't stacked at all. The first time you revolted it we had a lot more biremes in it, and no one was sending more then 15 birs the first time. It was a mistake on my part, I should've looked to increase participation in sending support right away. So there you go, no excuse, my fault.

DeletedUser

God i miss having an active external all the Trash talk between people makes for quite an interesting read. Look forward to seeing how the rest of the server plays out. Lots of very experienced players from many different servers. Should be fun!!

DeletedUser

I think Reboot Naxos look decent, but they aren't the quality Sails of Death are which is what your basing your opinion on. There's a lot of guys not from Epsilon that are in SoD and make it much better. KaylaPlum is a good player that Reboot has and SoD doesn't, but she's one of the few. I would have to say that RN are a slightly above average alliance, while Sails is a great one. I could be wrong though, Poseidons Trident, Kayla, Grewill and some others are good players that may put it at SoD's level eventually.

Like I said in my top 12, I think RN will SURVIVE for another month or so, but it'll be another month before they start to THRIVE.

Question, SoD from en worlds is here????

And I think we need a new sink or swim

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7490

I don't know much about this world and I don't know who the leadership of Reboot Naxos is, but on pure player quality they have to be one of the best here. Core has come from ReBooted from Epsilon and Sails of Death from Marathon. Great group of guys to play with.

Reboot have crowns, they mean nada, anybody these days who really wants a crown can have one, sim to 500k in points and most Wonder chasing alliances will recruit simmers and big internalizers that have 90% cannibal takes to grow, it doesn't mean the owner of a crown is a good player, nor does rank overall rank position.

coincidently Reboot attacked HB early out of BP when we had 18 members a couple of their guys arrogantly thought wed be a light snack and a walkover, we've been tearing them down city by city steadily for the past few days, and it seems their leadership selfishly hog support and their fodder recruits just get left to fend for themselves.

bit too early to say who can sink or swim, I prefer to watch the first month of fights and see the weak jumping alliances and the newer players/alliances always looking to improve their rank position via quantity instead of selective quality.

FYI to all recruiters, taking in big accounts that keep alliance hopping isnt going to make your own team stronger, it just means your filling your ranks with players with no loyalty whatsoever, and guaranteed theyl be moving on when your camp runs into troubles same as they did when they join from somewhere else.

Happy Hunting all thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Reboot have crowns, they mean nada, anybody these days who really wants a crown can have one, sim to 500k in points and most Wonder chasing alliances will recruit simmers and big internalizers that have 90% cannibal takes to grow, it doesn't mean the owner of a crown is a good player, nor does rank overall rank position.

coincidently Reboot attacked HB early out of BP when we had 18 members a couple of their guys arrogantly thought wed be a light snack and a walkover, we've been tearing them down city by city steadily for the past few days, and it seems their leadership selfishly hog support and their fodder recruits just get left to fend for themselves.

bit too early to say who can sink or swim, I prefer to watch the first month of fights and see the weak jumping alliances and the newer players/alliances always looking to improve their rank position via quantity instead of selective quality.

FYI to all recruiters, taking in big accounts that keep alliance hopping isnt going to make your own team stronger, it just means your filling your ranks with players with no loyalty whatsoever, and guaranteed theyl be moving on when your camp runs into troubles same as they did when they join from somewhere else.

Happy Hunting all thisisgrepolis

Interesting... I agree with your philosophy. We have taken in exactly 3 people we didnt know before this server. 3. LOL Be interesting to see how long some of the newest jumpers last in other alliances... When the going gets tough, Jump!

DeletedUser39

I still love the fact all the PP people were giving a 'non-biased' view and all of you glorified your alliance as 'possible WW-contenders', but the alliance has gone to waste within a month time. And Ascension, written off as 'sink' or 'an alliance that breaks apart after BP', is the one actually running the 'proper OPs' you guys said would take us out.

Hence my motto, ου λογοι, αλλ' εργα. Not words, but deeds. Now bring it on:)

DeletedUser5088

I still love the fact all the PP people were giving a 'non-biased' view and all of you glorified your alliance as 'possible WW-contenders', but the alliance has gone to waste within a month time. And Ascension, written off as 'sink' or 'an alliance that breaks apart after BP', is the one actually running the 'proper OPs' you guys said would take us out.

Hence my motto, ου λογοι, αλλ' εργα. Not words, but deeds. Now bring it on:)

This is very true

DeletedUser7600

I see two alliances in the top 12 worth a spit! A third one maybe but there leadership seems to be weak!

DeletedUser

First Real Prediction

1. New World Order- Seems to be an MRA, but I recognize a couple good players in the alliance, pretty bunched together. I say Float
2. Immortals- Complete MRA, noob leader, have a couple players here and there. I say Sink
3. Sea Wolves- MRA, but centrally located with not much competition in their ocean. For now I say Float
4. Poison- Don't know much about them, sucky profile LOL. Pacted with a bunch of alliances, complete noob founder. Sink
5. Divide et Impera- Not anything impressive about them, not seemingly an MRA. But, I still predict them as a Sink
6. Peaceful Pioneers- Of course a bias view, but we have a lot of experienced players, tight knit in location, very active, great leader. definite contender for the WW stage. Swim
7. United Athenians- Their founders seem to have their act together, seem organized. Don't know much about the alliance, but in O45 which seems to have half the world in it LOL. Float
8. Ascension- Decent player average, but nothing special. Sink
9. The Coming of Oblivion- Their founder is their top player, again nothing special. Sink
10. Philosopher Kings- 3 founders too much LOL. As said before, nothing special, only see one or two noticeable players. Sink

15. Havoc- They caught my attention. Based in that dense O45, but best player average, an alliance to watch for me. Noticed some names, should pick off the MRA's in 45. Swim

Note: This is a prediction of the first day of Naxos, and the alliances will be completely shifted after the end of BP, which is where I will do my second Sink or Swim. thisisgrepolis
Where is Sgt Seeker now? Where is the great active leader Beast of PP... they arent even in the top 25, and are barely an alliance anymore... Looks like Havoc, Asc and Seawolves are the only alliances left in under a month on this list. PP being a definite contender for ww... I guess we will here the excuses that beast had to run to vm as we took one of his cities and that is why they failed...

DeletedUser

well beast hit VM before his city was revolted so...yeah

Also sgt had RL issues I believe.

DeletedUser7789

This world is turning out easier than I thought. I hope Domination Achieved doesn't disappoint me.

DeletedUser

1. I am not a great grepo player I will admit that. But very few who have played grep can be classified as great maybe 5 or 6 guys who I can name can have that title.

2.I do not watch baseball so that refrence flew right over my head

3.Proper op any op that accomplishes 75 percent or more of it's preset goals. A proper op is different from person to person but that's my opinion on it.

4.Maybe we will show you guys a great op but I doubt it will have to be great a mediocre one will most likely swamp you guys.

5.We have built a great alliance made with great aggressive players except a few who know who they are :p it was not thrown together (Been in the making for a year)

6. we are not in the top 5 and yet we are 1 for nearly all BP categories you guys are ranked 1 and not in the top 2 for any (I could be wrong)

7.you say most alliances will last longer then PP? I guarantee you ascension won't.

8.Sending me messages of your many defender awards mean nothing to me I could do the same thing with my awards on En.

(If you wish to continue this then PM me.)

Ummm.... U guarantee what??? PP outlasts Ascension? Just wanted to make sure I understood this..... Long Live PP, didnt even make it a month... Beast, oh beast... Where Art thou? For a premade in the making for more then a year, 25 days isnt all that impressive...

DeletedUser

keep showin and tellin them flip, only way bad puppies learn is if you keep rubbin there faces in it after, maybe they can all join togehter and start a new "re-made" alliance called pound puppies or got pounded puppies, something like that,lol.