Mythical Units

DeletedUser5

This thread is for discussing Mythical Units rebalancing.

DeletedUser1992

When I first started this game I loved the idea of Mythical Units and picked Poseidon as my first god primarily for the free wood but also for the Cyclops unit. When I discovered the Battle Simulator in the Agora I put the Cyclops against a variety of regular land units on attack and defense and the poor guy just could not hold his own. The lower favor costs will entice some to use them but if the battle worthiness of them is adjusted upwards you may well see more players trying these units. The higher resource cost may well negate any advantage from the lower favor costs however.

I have mainly seen Mythical units being used to farm inactive players and basically use their flying power and high loot carrying ability to farm. Sad state of affairs for Mythical units indeed.

DeletedUser

I like the changes. More Mythical units = more fun. The offensive values increasing means the Erinys and Cyclops may become a viable offensive choice.

Defensive mythical units are fundamentally flawed. They can only support one type of city. If the gods were chosen about equally, that would mean any given defensive Mythical unit can only support 20% of the cities near it. That makes it largely useless. It's great that Cerberus is worth more than 50 Swordsmen, but it can only support Hades cities, making Swordsmen a better choice in most situations.

Overall i like the changes, but i'd like to see a boost to the defensive Mythical units as well. Right now they're pretty much designated as defensive farming units. Great as you start in a world, but become less and less useful the more cities you and your alliance get.

DeletedUser

id like to see a much more broader variety of gods a wheel of them in the temple to pick from would make this game far more complex and diverse in the gen. of MMO's.......

DeletedUser

manti and harpy nukes on the offense and a pegasus nuke on the defense works every time.

DeletedUser2654

I like the changes. More Mythical units = more fun. The offensive values increasing means the Erinys and Cyclops may become a viable offensive choice.

Defensive mythical units are fundamentally flawed. They can only support one type of city. If the gods were chosen about equally, that would mean any given defensive Mythical unit can only support 20% of the cities near it. That makes it largely useless. It's great that Cerberus is worth more than 50 Swordsmen, but it can only support Hades cities, making Swordsmen a better choice in most situations.

Overall i like the changes, but i'd like to see a boost to the defensive Mythical units as well. Right now they're pretty much designated as defensive farming units. Great as you start in a world, but become less and less useful the more cities you and your alliance get.

I agree with you

DeletedUser

If you improve mythycal units you should think to reduce the time needed to get god's favor in slow worlds.

DeletedUser2039

I think myth units are just under-powered. If you are going to use valuable favor and resources on myth units, they need to be stronger than most OLU's. Being less powerful and taking so long to make really makes them unattractive when you can be building slingers/horses/chariots instead cheaper, quicker, and without the favor (saving it for spells). This is especially true in revolt worlds. If you don't need to defend conquests, diverse units are less needed, and myth units are therefore even less needed. You can also look at it between spending favor on spells or myth units. You can either use Athena to spend favor on a Centaur, having a week attack/defense, or you can spend the favor on Heroic Power making the attack 10% stronger. I think one is obviously more favor efficient(;

DeletedUser2039

Any changes happening to the Hydra? I mean, for revolt I haven't found a good use other than maybe a fake CS...

DeletedUser

Manticores cost a great deal too much. It takes too long to build a nuke of manticores. I think a value of 300 favor sounds better.

DeletedUser3157

The only myth unit I fond useful at this point is harpies for only the beginning of the game. They give you such a good farming tool to use on all those little 175point cities. 2 of them clears the city. And they are back in 10 minutes. All the rest are under powered... For their cost.

-Vys

DeletedUser3575

if only we could have more population, then we could have many mythical units and therefor have so many units and could have much more power

DeletedUser271

The seven days login reward will give you 100 more population on your 1st city ;-) I know that's not a lot, but you can do a lot with 100 pop :)

DeletedUser

When I first started this game I loved the idea of Mythical Units and picked Poseidon as my first god primarily for the free wood but also for the Cyclops unit. When I discovered the Battle Simulator in the Agora I put the Cyclops against a variety of regular land units on attack and defense and the poor guy just could not hold his own.

ikr and the harpys have no defence also. Its crazy. and the high price of them plus the favor sometimes doesnt make it worth it. :\

The seven days login reward will give you 100 more population on your 1st city ;-) I know that's not a lot, but you can do a lot with 100 pop :)

So true. it sorta means that no need to upgrade the farms! I will need it! :p