Morale and speed

Brajanz0r

Artisan
Overall settings are pretty decent, but I'd like to talk about morale.
When it's on, most players won't be interested in joining for multiple reasons, hopefully I don't have to elaborate all of them but suffice to say - this thing drove many great players out of previous worlds with morale on. So far this world is not very appealing because of it and the speed is lower than it should be. There are still active worlds with lower speeds that are suitable for players that enjoy speed 1 or 2, however we currently lack in worlds with higher or average speed.

My proposal: turn off morale and set speed to 3 - 3 - 3. Leave everything else as it is and I'm sure you'll have better results in a player pool.

We can make a poll if that's what we should do.

Brajanz0r

Artisan
Also @Ryvirath you said it's a revolt world but in the forum description it says it's CQ.
Fortunately we saw the academy so we know this is a revolt world but that typo should be edited.

DeletedUser8032

It is bad when a server has been open for a few hours and only 62 players have joined.

DeletedUser13228

It would help if this post were labeled correctly. This is not a Conquest world. It is is Revolt. Please update this asap. Maybe we can get enough players to make this worth playing.

I was disappointed to see this world had a Domination end game, and maybe others were, too.

In theory I love the idea of Domination but I’ve never seen it play out as I imagine it was intended. None of the three Dom worlds I’ve played had a competitive Domination stage, and two of the three were over less than a month in.

US servers are just too small and have too many frontrunners. The Dom circle is tiny and there aren’t many willing to actually fight to regain territory against organized teams. Premium abuse invariably allows one group to blitz the center and establish a position that’s virtually impossible to reverse, especially in revolt mode. After that it’s hard to justify continuing to play if you’re on the outside looking in.

At least with WW, there’s the illusion of competitiveness until the end.

Unfortunately, in my experience, Domination is a failed end game experiment on US servers.

Brajanz0r

Artisan
I don't think that DOM as an end game affected the overall appeal. Yes it has flaws, the biggest one is that the circle is small due to a small number of players. On bigger servers DOM can be quite fun, whether it's revolt or CQ.

Since I played only 2 DOM worlds I can't fully see the problems from another point of view.

However, all I know is that this world wasn't advertised anywhere (mailing lists for starters), people didn't even know it was opening and definitely world settings are affecting more than any teams that joins them or even an end game. If Inno would properly market this one and adapt settings as proposed, it should be blooming in a matter of days. One Facebook/Instagram boost, one mail to all the players in their database and just watch the results.

Why it hasn't been done, I really don't know. It is summer time but 90% of grepoaddicts will still find the time to fight for at least an hour a day or just sim and hang out with their friends.

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Lots of good feedback here, and as far as the big issue (no in game mail going out) looks like our internal server went down very briefly around the time I had the mail ready to send, so it never went out.
A mail has been sent out now however.

For Domination end game especially in the US, and the average speed of the world, I'll be reviewing both prior world activity, this world, and general feedback and using that to inform future settings moving forward so we can provide the best play experience possible.

Brajanz0r

Artisan
Thank you for your reply and an explanation about the issue.

Does this mean that morale and speed will remain unchanged?

DeletedUser13228

There should be some consideration of bringing this world to an end and doing a reboot with a full marketing effort if there isn't a critical mass of players as Beginner's Protection ends for those of us who started on the first day it opened. I can't see how it could make sense to try to run an 8-month Domination world with only 200 to 300 players at the start. I recall when servers would start to close when the number of active players fell below 300. At this rate, we won't even have 300 to start and when you substract those accounts that are just sitting at 175 points and the gold traders, this world will just fail within a few weeks. Please consider some serious marketing effort to boost enrollment on this server or shut it down and launch a new Revolt world at higher speeds. US server activity needs to grow or we will lose the US market permanently.

DeletedUser8032

This world is already dead. You have a server with less than 300 active players and alliances like the Golden Horde that didn't learn from their experience in US99. First day out of protection they already golded entire cities full of troops and steam rolling everybody. I will predict that in less than 2 weeks we will see another post by Meg asking for people to play because they are bored.

DeletedUser8032

What the hell are you talking about?
vnDaede.png

That is without counting the 30 l/s and 77 fast transports sitting on his 10 k point city or whatever is golded in the other 2 cities on a rock island that got built to over 2k points each. So if this is the game strategy for the 1st week, you can have the server again. Another server for you to sim to your hearts content.

Brajanz0r

Artisan
Wait so what you're saying is that you were attacked by one of us that, lets face it, used gold to build his troops and that's not appropriate?
Are there more of them? Is anyone else golding up their cities except few guys on the top (of every damn alliance, including yours)?

If you're intimidated by several players then I don't know what to tell you. In that case you can handle your cities to anyone that shows any sort of offensive potential. Some of our members got attacked by Michaelus that has a city of 11k with a full nuke and we didn't say a thing. Personally it challenges me and there should be more players like Michaelus or Lord DJ or whoever decided to invest a bit to have an early advantage. They won't use gold for too long and you know it.

This world is already slow enough so using gold to build troops or cities is a normal thing. If this was a speed 4+ we would all have these numbers without spending a dime, so what would be your excuse at that point?

I'm trying to get your point but your instant negativity stuns me.

Activity on US servers is declining for a while and there are many reasons. I'll give several so you can all know we're on the same page.
- Gold users (abusers)

there should be more players like Michaelus or Lord DJ or whoever decided to invest a bit to have an early advantage.

we want to earn our win. If Amisos taught us anything, that would be it.

If you're intimidated by several players then I don't know what to tell you. In that case you can handle your cities to anyone that shows any sort of offensive potential.

we want to make a healthy competition. While you're reading this, top alliance founders and leaders are talking about a democratic strategy and equal share of manpower for this world.

Kids, this is your brain on drugs.

Brajanz0r

Artisan
Kids, this is your brain on drugs.

I'm sorry, I edited this one. Replied to you unkindly and you don't deserve to be treated that way.
I won't try to defend my own words against anyone, you obviously tried to diminish things I said and you also obviously didn't get my points.

However, I did message you when this world started wanting an open talk about this world because I respect some of your views. You ignored my message and didn't want to cooperate. You were also nowhere to be found when the gaming community stood up (and lost) for the benefit of all players.

You had 2 shots to voice out your opinions and help out but you decided not to. It would be nice to stick to your beliefs and not to act smart only to cause a fight. I still think highly of you since the two of us had no interaction up until this point and offered you a friendly hand but it looks like spitting on it is a better choice. Fine by me.

Last edited:
Yes... You're a great example of it.

Man, what is with your alliance and the "I'm rubber, you're glue" responses? I would think not everyone in your group could be "special" like Meg the Poodle and Punkyard God, but it's like they drag the rest of you down to their grade school level.

Mark Twain once said that it's better to remain silent than to get so triggered you post ultra-defensive nonsense on the internet while your critical thinking skills are incapacitated. Almost nothing you wrote in your response to Orulla was grounded in reality or common sense. More importantly, your response was not in the spirit of the high-minded principles of fair play and inclusiveness you so recently professed.

Just admit you didn't really mean any of it, and your group can't help themselves but play in exactly the opposite way that is healthy for the game.

I'm sorry, I edited this one. Replied to you unkindly and you don't deserve to be treated that way.
I won't try to defend my own words against anyone, you obviously tried to diminish things I said and you also obviously didn't get my points.

However, I did message you when this world started wanting an open talk about this world because I respect some of your views. You ignored my message and didn't want to cooperate. You were also nowhere to be found when the gaming community stood up (and lost) for the benefit of all players.

You had 2 shots to voice out your opinions and help out but you decided not to. It would be nice to stick to your beliefs and not to act smart only to cause a fight. I still think highly of you since the two of us had no interaction up until this point and offered you a friendly hand but it looks like spitting on it is a better choice. Fine by me.

Oh, I got your points. They were just too pie-in-the-sky for me to be moved by. And actions speak louder than words, anyways. Instead of messaging me at the beginning of a world when you've proved nothing about your real intentions and it's all just talk, try messaging me at the end of the world when you've actually walked the walk, and then you might find me more receptive.

I didn't support your attempt to change the world settings because 1) I know Inno never changes world settings AFTER a world is released, and more importantly, 2) I didn't agree with it. A fraction of players actually read these forums and your "vote" was not necessarily representative. There are players undoubtedly who joined the world with the expectation that the speeds/settings would be as advertised. I don't think it's fair to those players to change them after the fact, even if a vocal minority clamors for it. The past two worlds have been fast and worlds are introduced so quickly anyways, there will be another fast one around the corner.

I do enjoy this game, and I want it to succeed, which is why I'm still here and so outspoken. Many people just don't like what I have to say, but sometimes you have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

DeletedUser8032

Wait so what you're saying is that you were attacked by one of us that, lets face it, used gold to build his troops and that's not appropriate?
Are there more of them? Is anyone else golding up their cities except few guys on the top (of every damn alliance, including yours)?

If you're intimidated by several players then I don't know what to tell you. In that case you can handle your cities to anyone that shows any sort of offensive potential. Some of our members got attacked by Michaelus that has a city of 11k with a full nuke and we didn't say a thing. Personally it challenges me and there should be more players like Michaelus or Lord DJ or whoever decided to invest a bit to have an early advantage. They won't use gold for too long and you know it.

This world is already slow enough so using gold to build troops or cities is a normal thing. If this was a speed 4+ we would all have these numbers without spending a dime, so what would be your excuse at that point?

I understand that Gold usage is normal, and I am not saying that Lord DJ is the only one doing it or doing anything against the rules. My point is that over use of Gold caused US99 and other servers to go dead, when a server doesn't offer a competitive environment it dies. We are already seeing a decline in players and if by day one extreme gold use is causing a major advantage it will cause even more players to leave.

We asked Inno to change the settings to match what we already had in US99, why did that server died? What caused a mass ghosting on that server? Why did so many people went on VM? Why is Meg in another post asking people to come back from VM because there is nobody to fight?

If we as players are not willing to adapt and change and fix the problems then this game is over. If us as a community are not willing to change and keep repeating the same things we are going to get a repeat of US99.

I hope that you don't take my "instant negativity" as a direct attack on you or your team, they are not the only ones causing this problem. I am just pointing out a pattern that keeps repeating and we keep expecting different results.

We need to work on this as a community.

Brajanz0r

Artisan
@Megalopsuchia that's what you could've told me personally when I asked for your support. You can always accept or refuse. Some people that are playing in my team were against the idea and that's ok, we are here to find best solutions for everyone.

I can easily go with an attitude "at least I tried and you didn't ha-ha" but that's not the way. I honestly had the best intention of improving things on this world but I'm finding a lot of Megas around. It's not a bad thing, just makes things more difficult.
You just replied after seeing my unsuccessful tryout that you knew it won't work and that my idea basically sucked. All I see is that you had an opportunity to say "look man this won't work that way, let's try this way". More minds cooperating would bring better results.

Think about it next time when you see me trying to improve things, don't look for ill intentions because there are none. You think I'm doing this for what, winning a world? Is that something I have never achieved? Or you, or a vast majority of current players?

Let's try to work together next time and regarding your omelet - the way you approach will define your end results. I'm bringing some RL skills I found useful to help out as much as I can, as a regular player/leader/founder/externals activist LOL.

@Orulla73 thank you for your detailed explanation - this is what was needed in your first post so I can fully understand what you were implying!

Now, as I see, all three of us want the best for this community. Why don't we invest that energy into some talks and make things more doable? It seems that we all have our groups and have a decent influence on players (more or less), so we should team up for this. We probably won't be on the same side for a lot of things, we may not even fight on the same side in game but at least we can try to do something to improve our community. Let's see what we're all about and not give up on this.