Molten Scourge vs Grep reapers

DeletedUser

For weeks now the relations between my alliance Molten Scourge and Greap Reapers has been tenuous at best, poor diplomacy between the alliances and a quick land grab by Molten Scourge has put both alliances on the edge of their seats. After more diplomacy including rediculous requests by Greap Reapers, the leaders of Molten Scourge felt that a war was inevitable so on May 13th war between the alliances war declared and the attacks started. Only time will tell how the alliances fare against one another.

This is just an announcement to the world of Gythium that a new major war has started.

I will try to update the score as it changes and give updates throughout the war.

Predictions and trash-talk are welcome thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Considering I've dealt with their diplomacy, I'm all for you guys kicking their butts. Before my team or Elysium does. I know Bend wouldn't be too happy with how their diplomacy is or their mentalities. Bend is much better than that and it's sad to see an alliance with such great potential make a very costly mistake.

DeletedUser9555

Although I'm on the other side of the battle field, I must commend you on your alliances timing Amir, got us right as we started concentrating on SA. But did you really have to ally with them to take us down? The two of you'll are 4 times our size, don't worry, we wont give that as an excuse not to put up a nice fight. I agree our diplomacy with MS was kinda bad, but let us not fool ourselves, the sole reason for this war is MS needed more place to expand, and that is a fine reason this is a war game. May the best alliance win, and let us hope for a good war.

Paul, I have seen the messages between you and hammer as well, and I must say although MS can blame us for poor diplomacy, you have no right. You basically told hammer not to enter your oceans because you and bend had an agreement. Hammer informed you that he was not informed of such an agreement but would be willing to make a new agreement with your alliance if you wanted to, but you were pretty unresponsive, continuously speaking about the agreement you had with bend. We would have agreed upon almost exact same conditions if you just agreed to speak to us more about it. And anyway before you speak about thrashing anyone, please go look at your backyard, last I checked you'll were getting hammered by VS.

DeletedUser

I'm going to watch this war with some interest. I have been curious to see what the GR could do. Having such a low member count and high average, i'd like to know if they are farmers or good players. This will be a good one.

DeletedUser9555

I'm going to watch this war with some interest. I have been curious to see what the GR could do. Having such a low member count and high average, i'd like to know if they are farmers or good players. This will be a good one.

To be honest, I myself want to see what my alliance can do. Most of our enemies till now have been pushovers, trying to break our sieges with birs or 10-20LS's. This will be a fun war, although I predict we'll take a few loses in the start as we are mainly on the defense right now as they got us suddenly.

DeletedUser

The fact that hammer wasn't fortifying or anything is rather sad honestly. He knew it was coming especially with his ludicrous demands. We took in a player who continually defended you guys off, gave you guys 2 days to take his cities you all and took one. 2 weeks later hammer demands that I kick him because he is hiding behind our flag. Are you kidding me?

Like I have told several members of The High Command, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I would rather use the resources handed to us on a platter. If not we would be tripping over one another even though a city out of GR's hands is one less cit we have to worry about. It just makes sense at this time to work together, both my leaders and SA's leaders can all agree.

We did need places to expand, but we still had a solid week or two of noobs in o75 to clear up and three of four weeks of noobs in o74 to clear up, not to mention a week of noobs in o66 and o76 to clean up (week meaning how long it would take to break them and eat most of the best cities). This war didn't need to happen when it did. hammer expedited it considerably with being an absolutely abysmal diplomat. That and the fact that DarwinDave continued to take cities in an ocean where we own 95% of the cities above 3K points. Had you been the diplomat this may have turned out much differently, I like how you work and respect you as a player.

DeletedUser9555

Amir you may have a lot of experience in war, but do not underestimate us. We knew that the war was coming, I guess we (or atleast I) just did not think it would be so soon. I thought we'd have time to clear our backyard (SA) while you'll cleared yours. That player continuously defended against us? He got lucky once because someone messed up the timing, after he ran away to you'll we wanted to take him all out but we only had 1 city slot open as we just ran a mass OP against his entire ex alliance the day before taking out 6-7 people. I did not know that hammer demanded that you remove him from your alliance and that would go against the grace period rule, I as a player agreed upon when Paul posted about it.

Regarding Dave, if you check almost all his cities are either in O66 or right on the border. He did not really entire your territory much, you'll on the other hand actively recruited anyone and everyone we were going after in our territory. Although that pi ssed us off we decided to expand the other way into O56 rather than fight you'll, but you'll declared war on us.. So please do not blame us for this war, you knew you were trying to agitate us into it for weeks now.

I respect you as a player as well, but most of my respect for you comes from what bend thought about you, I hope you live up to that and give us a good fight :)

DeletedUser

If what max said was true then he was better than you all let on, he seemed to know his stuff pretty decently here in MS, grabbed up cities pretty quickly and looked like the real deal. We took in more players than I originally expected mostly after my first encounter with hammer "diplomacy" or lack there of. I originally wanted to take 76 after a one time enemy that became my friend started recommending people we soon took most of o76 without a fight and everyone in o76 wanted somewhere to go so we looked east into o66. I would have slowed down had hammer come to me with a real proposition, but by the time he said anything about it we already had 50 cities in 66 and there was no point in slowing down, the chains where moving. This war was brewing for a while no doubt, but like I said diplomacy made this thing come much faster, now only time will tell how the real war goes. I am pretty sure we (I) have the first feather in our cap.

Grep Reapers should be happy we didn't just attack without a formal announcement, we could have done even more damage had that happened.

Ben is a great guy and was a phenomenal player. Him and I saw eye to eye on many things and spent many hours chatting IG about random stuff. I was sad to see him go. Had he been here I am sure a war wouldn't have happened this way.

DeletedUser

Srachit: I didn't say that at all. I said I wish to keep the implied NAP because your allies are my enemies and I don't want to fight you guys later on because of the former implied NAP with the friendship of Bend. In case you forgot, Hammer Pmed me saying "well since you don't want an actual NAP or pact I'll act like you never Pmed me".. Seriously?? Why would I want either to be official? You guys are WAYY too far away for either to even be considered. I have no room to talk? No, I got plenty of room, you just need to get you mentality straight.

Which btw, those who focus on short term things only live for the short term ;)

DeletedUser

Attacker of the day for me and I draw first blood in 2 hours. Not to mention the rest of Molten Scourge who is putting the hurt on grep reapers as we speak.

1-0 for the good guys, calling it now.

DeletedUser9555

Congrats on that city! Well timed attacks, by the time we found out about it, it was a lost cause. I'm guessing by tomorrow the result will be 2-0.
For those keeping count, MS launched 5 well timed CQ's. They got 2 in, we stopped 2, not sure whats happened to the third. Reapers have been on the defence in O66, but we brought hurt to MS's allies taking 3 SA cities in O56 (and yes SA did try to sink our CQ :p). I myself tried to take us on the attack in O66 by trying to CQ a MS city, but my attempt was beaten back.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the anti-timer was nice to me and the short TT did its job, no doubt.

unfortunately for you, I think that the guy that was supposed to help you the most backed out when he realized he had a lot of CSs coming his way.

updated score is 10-0 for the good guys. Took seven off of DarwinDave, I guess the larger they come the harder they really do fall. At least there is none of the "you only attack inactives" talk so far :p

Looks like GR is finally starting to solidify a little bit, but they are still leaking cities here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The score is pretty lopsided and so far it looks like Grep Reapers just don't have the troops or resources to hold off our onslaught. Some of their members have defended well and we have lost a fare few CSs, but we also have managed to convert on quite a few attempts. We also have proved it won't be fun for the Reapers to hold a siege on us for any amount of time.

That being said I really do hope GR can pull themselves together and give us one heck of a fight!

Looks like GR had their first player run to VM. Very disappointing that is. Kudos to DD on a better defense the last few days.

13-0 good guys

DeletedUser

Score is now 26-1 for the good guys. First conquest on us by a GR player was by curt. Congrats on the good work and first conquest against us by GR during our war!

DeletedUser9276

Wow, this is a bit sad to see. Suppose GR is probably spread a bit thin though fighting on pretty much all fronts. Hoping GR can start fighting back and make this a war....

DeletedUser

well Ben they have taken 2 now but the score is 27-2 and we just made sure a few more CSs of GRs ended up at the bottom of one of GR's own harbors. 2 cities is not too bad though I mean they could have 0 if we had not been lazy. The score could be much worse, a few of the players could be worse dodgers or snipers.

DeletedUser9276

Yes, I suppose it could be worse. Can't help but feel things would be different if I was able to stick around though. I must admit I am enjoying grepo retirement, plenty of free time. Nice to look in on the game every once in awhile though.

DeletedUser

I am sure things would not have gone down as they did if you where around. I am not sure how they would have, but not the same

DeletedUser

Now all of the best reaper targets have run to VM. Very nice guys, I thought more of you all then that. It seems that srachit and curt are the best players in GR.