Meteorology

DeletedUser5

This thread is for discussing the Meteorology research rebalancing.

DeletedUser1048

I think meteorology should be replaced, it isn't that beneficial. Sure it increases the speed of land units, but most of the attacking done outside of the first days after beginner's protection is by sea. So it is a waste of research points since other than harbor checks, later on into the game attacks by lands aren't often unless you are farming or trying to clear a city.

DeletedUser

I still would never research it because I would still have to waste a cp on it later in the game. Also, some people have a level 13 academy in bp or shortly after, so...

DeletedUser1048

I never research it either, that is why I think it should be replaced by a possibly new research. Yeah I know some get there academy up quickly, but not in speed 1 world ;)

DeletedUser

Does it affect Flying units? This is something i've never tested. Ultimately, most of the attacks in this game happen via Transport Boat, thus making this a moot research. It would only be useful for farming others on your island. Perhaps increasing the loot value of ground troops by 10%, in addition to the 10% movement speed, would make this more desirable? It would become a must-have for farming on your own island, and functional for farming oversea enemies, but still not required in every city.

DeletedUser2654

Does it affect Flying units? This is something i've never tested. Ultimately, most of the attacks in this game happen via Transport Boat, thus making this a moot research. It would only be useful for farming others on your island. Perhaps increasing the loot value of ground troops by 10%, in addition to the 10% movement speed, would make this more desirable? It would become a must-have for farming on your own island, and functional for farming oversea enemies, but still not required in every city.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

DeletedUser2395

to make it a useful tech make it apply to attack speed.

have it available at every level of the academy. each research point would make you 1% faster..(initiative) the player with the highest attack speed would then attack first in the battle. this would be in such demand that people would forego other researches just to have the fastest army. a strong defense city that had a +28 attack speed would destroy any attacking army especially Slinger Nukes if all the defending forces could attack before the Attacking forces did.

edited to add:

also, this would increase the demand for a Library as people would want the extra research points.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10111

as it reads it effect all units in the barracks. i love to use it with pegasus. nothing like making the fastest unit faster.