Message from the Reset Guy

DeletedUser15536

I figured I would add one more thread to this growing list. I have read all your numerous posts condemning me to the gallows for such an egregious act with many citing the highly ambiguous "Fair Play" act as your trump card. I thought I would address this all right here and be done.

First off what I did was not against any current rules of grepolis. In fact grepolis has a button that allows me to do such a move at any point in the game. So let us move on from that point. You can sit on your soap box and say how horrible it is to do that and mike.22mba has ruined the game but there are many issues in grepoland that we all can agree we wish would change. But usually such as this case it all depends on which side of the act you sit on. Whitty mentioned several times we should start a new thread with other issues but that is really unfair as it does not take into account the real problem with grepo, which is we all hate the current game play specifically the end game. Here are a few strategies or maneuvers in which we almost all would agree we hate being done to us:

1. swapping cites: players who play hot potato with cities not trying to defend them just keep you from having them. (yes Ive done this!)
2. Simmers: players who stay in a world and do nothing but send support oceans away. These players have no intention of ever trying to actually "play" the game.
3. multi pact alliances: the intent of the alliance cap is to create a diverse group of alliances all fighting each other for the allusive crown.

I would argue that all three of those while legal are just as "unfair" as what I did.

These are just a few and I am not even mentioning things expressly forbidden such as botting or multi accounts, So I offer this, stop whining about a strategy that was pulled off to perfection and focus on suggestions to improve the game.

So here are mine:

1. no Beg protection after some period of play. In this particular case I agree I may have benefited from BP but it would not have impacted what I was able to do. I was very surprised when attacks continued to land. My belief at the time was your ships would stop for a drink and float back home unharmed. That function is a glitch or bug that needs fixed.
2. No supporting of another alliance allowed. This would include defense and resources. This will definitely put a hold on simmers doing nothing in the game. All this support does is prolong an already ridiculously long game. Any way we can push alliances to go one on one would be a good thing. I would love to see your best against our best and so on. I think zimm is pretty good but maybe he just gets a lot of help.
3. The new ww alliance wait period of 48 is good but not good enough. Make the rule simple. If you are not with an alliance when the wonder started then you can not be with the alliance unless it restarts the wonder.

DeletedUser13074

You took advantage of a programming oversight and conspired with your entire alliance (or at least of those alliance members that handed off wonder cities too), and that is clearly a violation of the players agreement.

I do not know what the punishment for violating that portion of the players agreement, may just be a warning, may be an attackable ban, but, whatever the punishment is, should be applied here. It isn't even a close call. You clearly violated players agreement.

DeletedUser11525

This is no more of a violation of the players agreement than using VM to protect WW cities, or rotating players through used to be. If anything, it shows a lack of thought on the part of the developers.

Bottom line, it's how the game is designed right now, and he found the loop hole. No different than football teams finding loop holes to throw the opposition off, or people finding tax code holes.

You know the strategy now, os instead of whining about it, figure out how to play around it. And contact Inno developers, or file tickets to get them to review, and figure out a well thought out solution.

DeletedUser15528

Brady found a loop hole deflating the footballs. He was punished
You may find a loop hole in tax code and once caught uncle sam will punish you lol

DeletedUser13074

3bc4b9fb7b414ae3af8a4903d0da2f30.png

That is from the players agreement. This "strategy" or "loophole" is a clear violation.

DeletedUser10354

3bc4b9fb7b414ae3af8a4903d0da2f30.png

That is from the players agreement. This "strategy" or "loophole" is a clear violation.

Beginner protection is designed to allow a small player time to grow free from attack. If inno didn't want a player to be able to restart and have bp to allow they to grow then they wouldn't have designed the game in that manner. Your faux outrage about a player playing within the designed rules of the game is comical. It's not a loophole. Inno designed the game purposefully with beginner protection in mind. If you think they should change how beginner protection is employed in the game then discuss it but to vilify a player is beneath you.

DeletedUser13504

I am not sure how to post a screenshot onto forums so I've copied and pasted an email directly from the game developer. Beginners protection was not intended to be used as a strategy for wonders, but it is what it is for this time around, however going forward this "flaw" does need to be addressed and fixed. There's a difference between playing "within" the rules vs playing "around" the rules.
Refer to rules regarding exploits.

Thank you for contacting InnoGames on this matter.

We have since reviewed the case and some initial action has been taken. We will conduct some further research with our Game Design team in regards to this exploit of a flaw in our systems and investigate possibilities to prevent this type of action to happen again.

Please know that we cannot disclose any information about the actions taken against third parties for the sake of protecting their data as much as any other players. However, you can rest assured that both our community team and the development team in Hamburg are aware of the happenings and doing their best to maintain as fair a game as possible to everyone.

Kind regards,

Grepolis Team

Grepolis Team
InnoGames GmbH

Friesenstr 13 – 20097 Hamburg - Germany
Tel +49 40 7889335-0
Fax +49 40 7889335-200

DeletedUser13074

Duck, you obviously don't understand the issue. The VM rules were enacted so a wonder city would always be attackable.

MikeMba skirted the intent of the rule by utilizing a loophole that Grepo programmers did not anticipate. What he did is clearly against the players agreement.

DeletedUser10354

Duck, you obviously don't understand the issue. The VM rules were enacted so a wonder city would always be attackable.

MikeMba skirted the intent of the rule by utilizing a loophole that Grepo programmers did not anticipate. What he did is clearly against the players agreement.
I understand it just fine. The vm rules was put in place to prevent an entire wonder from being locked up for conceivably over 100 days. The way the rule was implemented is terrible but that's for another thread.

Even with MASSIVE gold usage this tactic protects a FEW cities on the wonder (not the entire thing cause even with bp farming a player after restarting can't get 20 slots that fast) for a FEW days. It's not in ANY way close to what the vm stall was!

DeletedUser13074

I disagree on your biased interpretation of the rule. Wonder cities need to be attackable 100% of the time. That is the intent.

I also believe that non attackable bans should be attackable on wonder islands. Is a coding issue that also needs to be addressed.

Everyone knows the intent. Is clear violation of the players agreement. The section of the players agreement is posted above.

Loopholes that take advantage of programmer oversight, when the intent is clear, is a violation of the players agreement. Those responsible should be held accountable.

DeletedUser13074

And Mike MBA, clearly understands that the intent is wonder cities should always be attackable, and found a "programmer loophole". That is a violation of the players agreement.

DeletedUser5973

I disagree on your biased interpretation of the rule. Wonder cities need to be attackable 100% of the time. That is the intent.

I also believe that non attackable bans should be attackable on wonder islands. Is a coding issue that also needs to be addressed.

Everyone knows the intent. Is clear violation of the players agreement. The section of the players agreement is posted above.

Loopholes that take advantage of programmer oversight, when the intent is clear, is a violation of the players agreement. Those responsible should be held accountable.

you're biased on the rule as well, just saying

DeletedUser10354

Smudge - you are free to believe what you want. That said if that's what the developers wanted then they should have programmed it that way. I play the game based on how the developers programmed it, not based on what you believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14769

Mike, I was really disappointed to learn that it was you who did this. When I just started playing the game I really looked up to you. I had no idea you played like this.
I don't care what others have done. I don't think you broke the rules. But this is about more than just the rules. It's about how you play. Your decision also affected many of my friends.

DeletedUser10354

Mike, I was really disappointed to learn that it was you who did this. When I just started playing the game I really looked up to you. I had no idea you played like this.
I don't care what others have done. I don't think you broke the rules. But this is about more than just the rules. It's about how you play. Your decision also affected many of my friends.

Why didn't you think of the innocent children Mike!?!?! That's it! 8 years of nickelback!

Good grief...

DeletedUser10354

Here's a tip extremejeff...if you don't want others to reply to your post put it in a private message to the intended audience and free from prying eyes of condescending jerks like me. If you post a message though in a public forum expect to receive public comments. It's kinda why they are here...

DeletedUser14769

I'm totally aware there are plenty of condescending jerks here. I fail to see why you felt the need to mock me. But that's ok.