Merchant's Shop

DeletedUser5

This thread is for discussing the Merchant's Shop rebalancing.

DeletedUser

Ok, question. With the 'feeding the front lines' thing, when you demand resources, will it go to the target city, too, as well as the resources being produced by by the timber camp, quarry, and silver mine?

DeletedUser1992

Interesting changes but will probably only be useful to those who do not pay attention to their resources and are not in game every day.

I built it in one of my early cities as it looked interesting, but the extra you get from farms is not really that big a factor in my resource management. The extra market capacity is nice but not worth the population costs. I have not built this in any other cities in either game I am in.

DeletedUser

I have a suggestion. Its a stupid one, but here it is: When you build the Merchant shop, it should enact the Phoenician merchant. Or it could be the other way around: When you get the Phoenician merchant, it should enact the Merchant shop. When the Phoenician merchant leaves, the merchant shop goes away until the Phoenician merchant comes back.

DeletedUser271

This could not be set. The Merchant Shop shop is a building, it couldn't be built and then destroyed just like that... ;-)

DeletedUser

This could not be set. The Merchant Shop shop is a building, it couldn't be built and then destroyed just like that... ;-)

Well, it's possible to change that. And like I said, it was a stupid idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2395

several suggestions. 1) having a merchant shop should either double or triple the frequency of the Phoenician merchant's arrival
2) increase the trading capacity higher.. perhaps link it to the level of your warehouse. during the End game or after you have a dozen or so cities, a couple cities dedicated to merchant activities will greatly assist one in rebuilding their armies after a good war. 3) the ability to trade with farms should not be limited by a resource amount. i like the 1.35 farm trades give you and how the percentages drop when you do trade with a farm but you should not be limited to trading 2000 resources at a time! Raise the farm trade limit with every level of Market and when you build the Landmark eliminate the limit. (you will always be limited by your own trade capacity and warehouse) i.e with max market and market landmark i should be able to trade with a farm 15,000 resources at 1.35 once every 24 hours {or whatever the current recharge rate is} This would allow a player to become a financier for their alliance and greatly assist in the global wars. (not everyone plays to do battle..)

DeletedUser2395

You will have the possibility to instantly trade resources between 2 cities.
A city with the Merchant's Shop will allow you to declare a target city, if you wish to do so. If a resource storage is full, the production won't stop, but 50% of the exceeding resources will automatically be delivered to your determined target city. So you can have cities that are not part of your front line and use them to feed your front line cities. A city can only take resources from one city at a time through this mechanic

Awesome step in the right direction.

DeletedUser3157

I think it should provide:
-super fast trading
-the merchant comes more often
-a small 2-5% increase in resource production (taxes collected from the cities inhabitants who trade there

-Vys