Marathon Monthly Newspaper

DeletedUser9493

Marathon Monthly​

Slow & Steady wins the race!​

The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ― Georgia G.K. Chesterton​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9493

Alliance Interviews

Nemesis Maximus From The Ronin
[spr]1. How did the founder come up with the name for your alliance?
We wanted something nobody else had and liked the idea of having a theme outside the typical greek, latin or roman ideas we have all seen before in grepolis.

2. Have you played with those in your alliance before? If so, what world(s)?
Yes most of us are the top players in 11 oceans Havoc once owned on Upsilon. When the real estate in Upsilon became too much to manage with the players in Havoc known to be accountable, we decided to reroll. Our first attempt at this was a disaster but the truly dedicated followed me here to Marathon.

3. Is your alliance at war? If so, with whom? Why are you at war with them?
Currently we have two alliances marked as enemies but have not made a formal decree of war so they shall remain nameless. Anyone showing aggression in o44 will be at war with us as a matter of survival, it's nothing personal.

4. What alliance, other than yours, would you say makes it to world wonders? (I know it is a little early for this but it's just for fun.) The Knights Who Say Ni look legit. Nothing against any of the others but the attrition is real and inactivity is sure to be a killer.

5. If you were not in the alliance you are currently in, what alliance would you join & why? There are plenty of good alliances to join here on Marathon. I'd probably join the one that I thought would not kick me out. Presently I have no idea which that would be,

6. Has anyone in your alliance or the alliance, itself, hit any of the Marathon Milestones? If so, who, what, & when. No but if there was an award for having the oldest average member age, I am certain we would be in serious contention.

7. What are your thoughts regarding this world? I hope it continues to grow and am faithful it will remain active to the end.

8. Comments: FB ur fake! Budakii & Blaze/Atlas sup brohams? Irishmule kiss my a$$! Suna, SMM & OSU *** were u thinking? Magnus, Boraxx, Brenolan, Calorad and Lea we miss you wish you were here!!! Viva la Twotokes!!! [/spr]

Reaper112 From Oblivion
I brought the name over from CHI

I have played with 1 member my Co-Leader Nasty canasta... Well work with isn't the right term, our alliances in Ithaca were at war. Me and him were in border skirmishes and heave hits by both.
After my alliance broke his siege on my city we started to talking; On how fun the attacks have been and a friendship grow from that.

My alliance is not at war, but we prepare for it everyday with training on timing attacks and support to break sieges. We keep a ken eye on our south O63/53.

4. What alliance, other than yours, would you say makes it to world wonders? (I know it is a little early for this but it's just for fun.)
My personal opinion on this matter would be Fight Club an Project Mayhem. Pwilber is a sensible player; Not expanding to fast securing his borders growing a strong player base.

5. If you were not in the alliance you are currently in, what alliance would you join & why?
"Big cats have to eat" They stick together fight hard and defend their team mate.

6. Has anyone in your alliance or the alliance, itself, hit any of the Marathon Milestones? If so, who, what, & when.
None

7. What are your thoughts regarding this world?
None [/spr]

Emilio Estebez From The Knights Who Say Ni
Khennick came up with the name with another friend of ours, Kid Cudi, on another world. It just stuck and followed us over here.

I have played with Khennick for a while now, we met on Chi and were off and on enemies/allies.

Who aren't we at war with?

4. What alliance, other than yours, would you say makes it to world wonders? (I know it is a little early for this but it's just for fun.)
Big Cats probably have a good chance.

5. If you were not in the alliance you are currently in, what alliance would you join & why?
I like the name: The Ancients. I'm also a stargate fan so I'll pick them.

6. Has anyone in your alliance or the alliance, itself, hit any of the Marathon Milestones? If so, who, what, & when.
Not sure, don't keep track of the milestones.

7. What are your thoughts regarding this world?
Some good competition. Its proven to be fun so far and hope it continues.[/spr]

DeletedUser9493

Yeah I am working on it.

Be the first one to guess correctly in the forums and receive a wedding gift from me.
You must name what character said each line along with name the movie it was said in to be declared the winner.

Who said it in what movie?
1. Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.
2. Here's looking at you kid.
3. I stick my neck out for *nobody*!

Who said it in what movie?
1. You can't handle the truth!
2. I'm being charged with a crime? Is that what this is? I'm being charged with a crime? This is funny. That's what this is...
3. Get me the President on the phone. We're surrendering our position in Cuba!

Lottery numbers are: 16 61 101 7 35
To win the lottery, player must be ranked overall at one of the numbers on the day paper is published to win. Player must also post in the forum declaring they are said winner. Winners will receive a kingly gift from me. Good Luck!

The Godfather 2 was the movie. Michael Corleone said # 1 & 2. Vito Corleone said # 3.
The winner was Nemesis Maximus from The Ronin alliance.

Alice in Wonderland was the movie. The Mad Hatter said # 1 & # 3. Cheshire Cat said # 2.
The winner was Nemesis Maximus from The Ronin alliance.

Lottery Number winners were:
50 = Jsellm2 from Numbers & Figures
89 = Agincourt from Haven Reborn
10 = Sawatson3 from Haven Reborn
42 = Sunburn Cooter from Numbers & Figures
03 = bdaznp from Numbers & Figures

Lottery winners were not awarded their prize due to they did not post declaring themself the winner.

DeletedUser

Who said it in what movie? All of the quotes below were made by Humphrey Bogart playing the role of Rick Blaine in the classic movie CASABLANCA.
1. Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.
2. Here's looking at you kid.
3. I stick my neck out for *nobody*!

Who said it in what movie? All of the quotes below were made by Jack Nicholson playing the role of Col. Nathan R Jessep in A FEW GOOD MEN
1. You can't handle the truth!
2. I'm being charged with a crime? Is that what this is? I'm being charged with a crime? This is funny. That's what this is...
3. Get me the President on the phone. We're surrendering our position in Cuba!

DeletedUser9493

That is correct! Congrats, you will receive your gifts shortly.

DeletedUser

Good effort.

I would like to remind you that doubleposting is against the rules. While I do make exceptions for maps and newspapers, please always send a message about it to the mod assigned to your world forum.

Use the edit button unless you are posting a major update.

Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser9662

My alliance is not at war, but we prepare for it everyday with training on timing attacks and support to break sieges. We keep a ken eye on our south O63/53.

Oh that's bull crap. FC and PM have been killing them. Not sure why they would lie.