Marathon Monthly- Edition 1

DeletedUser9662

k1yJtm3RmRp2PKenET3Wvne5RhvDJhuVw_WTv1gVz8Ps0KtFEGkXBzZ6z_PAbCm9MBW7XWqy9PLefWcQ2a7L6ZALEuVw14FCqw7klEY_ne-1lAzp_AMStW5y4YJselQNzw

Table Of Contents:
Interviews
Wars
Questions For You
Number Lottery

Section I: Interviews
Here is hangtown hero from Rage Rising,

[spr]1. How long have you played Grepolis?
I have been playing Grepolis for about three years now...

2. Why did you decide to create your alliance?
A few of us came from another server to try the world speed 1, the rest have wanted to join as we have grown...

3. What do you think about the war between Numbers and Figures, and Sails Of Death?
From what I have seen it really isn't much of a war, yet...Too early in the server to get the full effect of a major war between alliances as most players still have yet to obtain conquer status...

4. What do you think about the war between Bigs cats and bears, and Unity?
Once again, not much of a war yet...

5. Do you think your alliance will make it to World Wonders?
But of course...RR will be around for the duration despite those that claim we will "sink"....

6. Are you at war with anyone?
Officially no...but that could change anytime...

7. What are your core values for a good alliance?
A good alliance is built upon its membership...If you have a great support network set up within the alliance it will be difficult for other alliances to defeat you...

8. Are you an MRA in your mind?
Everyone claims we are an "MRA"....I suppose if you show up on a server with 20+ members already established in your alliance then you are immediately called an MRA because of the "quick" membership...If other alliances out there want to think that we are, go ahead and let them think that...It just makes it better for us in the long run when they all realize the mistake they made labeling us as one...Besides, aren't all alliances starting on a new server considered an "MRA"????

9. What is your favorite food?
LOL...being that I am an executive chef by trade this is the most difficult question to answer...everyone loves pizza so I will just go with that...[/spr]

Thank you!
Here is suburn cooter from Numbers And Figures!

Off and on for a few years.
Technically, I didn't. I just tried to put it back together despite the first founder running out on us, and the second one dissolving us.
3. Your alliance is considered a top dog in the world, do you think you are?
There is a ton of talent and good groups out there. Each alliance has their strengths and specific skill sets. I've talked to some really good and interesting players. But I love my alliance because we are the embodiment of the word. We are active, close knit, supportive of each other, eager to help, and we have a great time playing. We interact well and communicate amazingly. I think that's a breakdown point in many alliances. In Numbers and Figures, it's not about personal development and points chasing. All of our players are in this to help the guy, or gal, to their left and right. I've been in alliances in the past, some good, some bad. I have never played with a group of individuals this talented, exciting, and fun to play with. The best thing about us, is that we are a democracy. We have designated leaders, but those are worthless administration titles to help moderate forums and disperse information. We are currently 47 strong. We currently have 47 equal leaders and 47 equal voices in the decision making process. From our top ranking player, to the last. Everyone is a working and functioning piece in the Numbers and Figures speedboat of death, driven by the Grim Reaper himself. I don't know if I would say we are top dog though. I would say we are the top grizzly bear with rabies on the summit of Mount Everest.

Honestly, I haven't heard a whole lot about it. We have our own agenda we are focusing on. I hope there is some great action, BP to be made, cities to be won, and cheers to be made in the respective forums. No holds barred, and last man standing. Just save some action, because we want winner.
I do. That's later on, and for now we are focused on establishing our base of operations. One bite at a time, but that's the only way to eat an elephant.
Maybe...
Teamwork. Teamwork. and Teamwork. Communication and activity are a given.
8.. What is your favorite food?
Greek Magoogurt[/spr]

Thanks!
Here is Feca from Lotus Eaters!

[spr]1. How long have you played Grepolis?[/spr][spr]
I have been playing Grepolis since the beginning of this server :p I did however come from a winning alliance in Lord of Ultima so I have some experience of winning and these games.
Honestly we created our alliance in hopes of grabbing a few good players so we could eventually merge into a bigger alliance. This was my strategy I used in LoU to gain leeway in my new alliance since I would be bringing over a few guys. After we realized we were the only real alliance in our ocean we thought, "hey we could really roll with this" and on we went. Man has it grown! We literally had no clue it would explode like this and we couldn't ask for a better group of guys so we were more than happy to accommodate! I got the alliance name from mythology and it was my alliance in a game called Dofus that I ran for awhile
3. What do you think about the war between Numbers and Figures, and Sails Of Death?
I honestly had no idea this war was going on, but I had speculated about something like this going on since I saw some top players had dropped likeunshapedchimpeus. I am not surprised since infection kinda split off into these two alliances and I believe it's the only reason we are able to maintain the number 1 spot for the time being!
I don't see it as a big deal. Both of them were competition for us in the beginning when we were fighting for a top 5 spot. As of right now they aren't in our ocean and we haven't received any help messages so I'm glad they are going to leave us out. We are happy to stay neutral in an opinion with it. I wish the best for both of them
As a founder of an alliance it is my goal to get my people, whom put their faith in me to lead them, to victory under any circumstance. As of right now I don't see why we wouldn't stay
together but who knows! The only thing that is for certain is things can and will change quickly in grepolis
We are at war with a few smaller alliances to try and maintain our lock on ocean 53. They are ending as we have taken out there leaders and merged some that share our goals. We do not wish to go through any unnecessary and or pointless wars.
Communication, Contribution, Imagination. Communication is more than key to keep up with the demands of an 100+ man alliance and getting important things done. We need the contribution of every member to succeed and is why we must brush off any inactives and encourage more activity from the rest of our members. "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein.
I'd like to start out by saying I really don't like labels. In everyone else's minds I know we seem like one and it only fuels us to be better. We are willing to accept anyone in ocean 53 because you never know what their potential is until you give them at least a week to prove themselves. If they don't work well with us then hey at least we tried. We also like to think that we are beating out other MRA's because we never stop recruiting. We are always on the lookout for new recruits and are willing to train anyone new, call us what you want but we were all new at some point.
My favorite food is Chicken Parmigiana with penne noodles :p but my favorite college meal would have to a combination of taquitos and mountain dew.
[/spr]

What a read! Thanks Feca!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9662

Here is Juulna from Ghosts!

For keeps, I've played since December, although I played a few years back just to see what the fuss was about. Sure, that may make me a bit less experienced than some of the others, but I have good partners and I also make up for it in voraciousness and ardor.

To escape the clutches of... actually, that's a different plot. Really though, we created our alliance to provide a place for a group of friends to enjoy themselves in close proximity to each other, and to see how we could do.

Fight to the death! I'll eat some popcorn. On a serious note, it's interesting watching them lock horns so early
Ditto.
Anything is possible, in one form or another. I'm sure some people will be around... years from now... Good lord, do people not have lives?? Why am I doing this!?
So far, no, although I am aware we are being eyed. As any other large alliance does, we are just eradicating smaller alliances and players at the moment. Have any good targets? ;D

Good mentoring, friendship, and honoring pacts and allies. Developing players' abilities, working together, and encouraging participation. SunTsi and I strongly believe in knowing and respecting our players from a leadership perspective. One cannot approach leading in a tyrannical way. Our past history has shown us that this is one of the best ways to gain the loyalty and respect of your people in turn. A different approach to the duality of Machiavelli than most people prefer in this game.

Of course we are. I won't deny that label. However, it was done quite on purpose as a tactic that will either work itself out or not. With a very large alliance cap and a speed 1 world, it's hard to get active players. Although we entered with a small core of friends, we of course needed to bolster the ranks somehow. It's gained us attention, and that can be good or bad. We shall see how the cards fall.
Poutine. If you don't know what that is, I pity you.[/spr]
Thanks!
Here is Mofo82 from Unity!

My first world was on en Eta, joined late so I ended up in ocean 25 and, as a noob, got my butt conquered. I then joined Zeta, still a noob because no one taught me the game and I was too stupid to read the wiki, didn't get conquered but ended up quitting after a few failed attacks. I then came for Tau on the en server to try out 2.0, ended up liking it after being taught the game (although no one was THAT good at 2.0 at the time) and stuck around.
I actually didn't create it, joejoe671 did. I decided to work my way up the latter and eventually lead the alliance, simply because I didn't like how the forums were organized. I'm the type of guy that goes "I don't like that, time to change it," I don't sit back and let things go down a road I feel isn't good for the alliance. I am now a co-founder thanks to my methods.

Numbers is winning in my eyes currently, they have a more talented roster in my opinion, but Sails of Death has some very good leadership and could easily overcome a more talented roster with organization and well-planned ops.

4. Your alliance was an MRA, but you seem to have turned everything around, what was the key to this success?
Removing the pacts, bringing in a few more experienced players, and most importantly the fact I've kicked out exactly 43 players. Here, if I don't like what I'm seeing from you, I don't tolerate it. You either participate, or you're gone. I don't tell you what cities you have to take, I don't tell you what units you have to build, I don't tell you when you have to be at a certain level, but the second you aren't bettering the alliance, you and I have a problem.

Too early to tell. Ask me maybe the day WWs start and I'll have a better answer, until that happens no one can say they think they'll be around, and not be lying to themselves.
We're at "war" with Bigs Cats and Bears. Personally, I'm not too concerned about it. We have other stuff to focus on this early on. I told me guys they matter more to me then Bigs does, and by that I mean I would rather see us grow at a nice, steady rate then see them decline. If stunting their growth comes with growing ourselves, hey, that's just a bonus.
Discipline, aggression and organization. You say Unity has turned around from being a MRA, but out of all the alliances I've led they show the least amount of these qualities. That's not saying they aren't good, I love my guys. That's saying they could be a lot better, and I intend to do everything in my power to get them there.
8. What is your favorite food?
Bear soup ;)[/spr]

Thank you!

Here is AngeloSG from Sails Of Death

I've played since en.Alpha, so more or less 3-4 years.

I didn't "create" my alliance. Why did I join though? I initially was just going to use this world as a warm-up for the next world, with acceptable settings
r39dyLrQsgqdrpOZ4uJqsFFFXAyOACVNIV5HeuKunuYf-5V0MUsQCQO8nz7s36kT11Cli--XJkNhiPsgwzfvzO6whhNda_k1C-zqtphO7H52YQACc-AtfViMc70ERpG0EQ
However, I was quickly seduced by Sails of Doom, due to its experienced leadership and stability. More or less, I saw them winning this world. Many of the core players are from the allianced ReBooted from Epsilon, and more or coming over.

I'm not trying to be funny, I honestly didn't think it qualified as a war. However, if Numbers and Figures would like to go for somebody active, instead of using spies and picking off inactives, they're more than welcome.

Unity shows promise in this world. I'm heartened by the fact that an MRA like Unity could rally behind effective leadership. The fact that they're a rim alliance also gives them an advantage. In the end, however, I doubt the war will be won or lost over conquests. It will probably just end due to an organizational failure and attrition, with Big Cats and Bears disbanding.

Absolutely. I'm certainely not here for the amazing settings....I'm staying for the crown.

All I can say is we might give your newspaper something to cover over the next couple days/weeks.

Core, Stability, Leadership.

Absolutely not. We are probably the definitive anti-MRA. We may have a slightly large member base, but our leadership is tested, our players have worked together, and we have a strong core that isn't spread out by any means.
Numbers, cause im on a diet. I heard it helps your figure. [/spr]

Thanks!
Here is Cirrhosis!

Started on EN21 - whenever that was.

I didn't

3. Your alliance is considered a top dog in the world, do you think you are?

Not at all. We have a high point average but, to be frank, the alliance is full of n00bs.

I don't like their names.

No way. I'll probably rage quit soon anyway so I don't really care.

We've got a bunch of alliances marked red but there isn't any fighting going on.

Activity, communication and selflessness.

8.. What is your favorite food?
Fricassee of n00b[/spr]

Thanks, that was the last of the interviews.

Section II: Wars
War #1. Unity Vs Bigs Cats and Bears
Score According to [url]http://us.grepostats.com/world/us37/colonizations?page=6[/URL]
Unity: 1 Bigs Cats and Bears: 1

War #2 Sails Of Death Vs Numbers And Figures
Score According to [url]http://us.grepostats.com/world/us37/colonizations?page=7[/URL]
SOD: 1 NAF: 4

Section III: Questions For You
Here are a few questions for you guys to answer!
1. Who is the worst leader in this world?

2. Who is the best leader in this world?

3. What alliance is the biggest MRA?

4. What is your favorite alliance?

5. What wars do you think will occur in the up and coming weeks?

DeletedUser9662

Section IV: Number Lottery

You guys pick a number between 1-30, who ever gets it right gets a reward that will be revealed later along with the winner of the prize! Good luck!

Section V: Advertisments

Need some info on a player? Need to know when they are sleeping? CLICK HERE[url]http://www.grepointel.com/[/URL]

Need a break from the usual Grepolis worlds? Want to try out events early? This is for YOU
[url]http://www.beta.grepolis.com/[/URL]

Looking to see who broke that record? Or which alliance was the first to 100k points! Head over to Marathon Milestones 2.0! [url]http://forum.us.grepolis.com/showthread.php?7163-Marathon-Milestones-2-0[/URL]

Thanks for reading! Sorry the coding might be a little messed up and the text is a little small! If you liked it, didn't like it, constructive criticism, hate etc. should all be posted below :)

DeletedUser

I gave most of my comments yesterday, but the biggest one I have after seeing it is if you're going to put spoilers, don't put 1 question and then all the rest of the interview. I would go question in bold, answer in spoiler, question in bold, answer in spoiler, etc. Yes it's maybe 10 minutes of extra work of copying and pasting, but it makes it look nice. Overall, decent paper. And the lucky number is obviously 1, I'll take my prize anytime now.

DeletedUser9662

I gave most of my comments yesterday, but the biggest one I have after seeing it is if you're going to put spoilers, don't put 1 question and then all the rest of the interview. I would go question in bold, answer in spoiler, question in bold, answer in spoiler, etc. Yes it's maybe 10 minutes of extra work of copying and pasting, but it makes it look nice. Overall, decent paper. And the lucky number is obviously 1, I'll take my prize anytime now.

Thanks for the feedback :)

DeletedUser9262

I want number 9! And I don't want to answer any questions right now thanks.

DeletedUser

The grepostats site shows the score between Unity and Bigs is actually 4:1 with Unity winning. Try again Kyle :p

Like it though!

DeletedUser

I gave most of my comments yesterday, but the biggest one I have after seeing it is if you're going to put spoilers, don't put 1 question and then all the rest of the interview. I would go question in bold, answer in spoiler, question in bold, answer in spoiler, etc.

I agree with Mofo here. Font size is a little too small as well. Hard to read blocks of text. But, great job on your first newspaper! Keep it up.

DeletedUser

#29 GJ on issue #1! I hope you'll continue.
27mf61.jpg

I'll send you a copy of my in game newsletter and I think this might give you some ideas.

DeletedUser

I like the first edition , always good to have interviews plus rep . Can't wait for the next one .

DeletedUser9662

I agree with Mofo here. Font size is a little too small as well. Hard to read blocks of text. But, great job on your first newspaper! Keep it up.

Ok thanks. Trust me it was much larger before, but it was downgraded for some reason :(.

#29 GJ on issue #1! I hope you'll continue.
27mf61.jpg

I'll send you a copy of my in game newsletter and I think this might give you some ideas.
Ok thanks!

Silly, this isn't .EN, theres no rep.... :p

We can still dream about it here :D