Lost favor when switching gods

DeletedUser

I understand you lose favor and mythical units when a city switches gods but is another one of your cities suppose to lose all of their favor and mythical units as well? I had 2 cities worshipping Poseidon as they are/were naval cities. I noticed when I cast a spell I used favor from both cities, so I decided to switch gods in one of the cities. When I switched gods in 1 of these cities I lost all favor in both cities. Is this right or is this another problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

nope, switch say from hera to Zeus and you loose all your hera, and if you have myth units..bye bye to those as well
better off keeping separate gods per city

DeletedUser

So if and when I get to 6+ cities I really only have 5 cities with gods then? Why would one cities gods/favor/mythical units have anything to do with another cities gods/favor/mythical units?

DeletedUser

why you loose ALL favour when switching I never under stood..but you do, and that has to be taken in to consideration if you decide to switch

what I do is, use all my favour, then switch gods, say to hera to get pop growth, when i reach 80, I use it and switch back, thus no favor lost

DeletedUser

I get what you are saying but that is in the same city, my question is why in another city..That would be the same as if you sent 100 slingers out and they died, you lost 100 slingers in another city. Makes no sense what soever.

DeletedUser

again I get you, all I know is IF you worship the same god in 2 cities and you switch 1 god..you do loose all the favor..i agree makes no sense, but that is the way it is

DeletedUser

Trex, you're not getting the problem.

Grizzlar, favor is shared between cities. Namely, you have one favor bank for Zeus, one for Hera, one for Poseidon, etc.

DeletedUser

Ok, if you have 2 or more cities that are worshiping the same god do all of the cities generate favor for that pool? Obviously they would all need temples.

DeletedUser

Each temple increases the amount of favor generated, though the bonus per temple lessens with each city.

DeletedUser

The way I read the rules about gods is:
Player A has 2 cities Alpha and Beta. Both are Hera. In city Alpha is Medusa and 30 Divine Envoys. In city Beta is Harpy and 5 Divine Envoys.
Player A changes Beta to Poseidon. Player A losses city Beta's Harpy, but not Divine Envoys because Divine Envoys ARE NOT mystic units.
All power in effect at the change are loss also (6 hours for workers to pick it up). Mystic units from city Alpha CANNOT support city Beta. In Espilon I could not uses my mystic units to support Player B's Poseidon city.
Currently, in Espilon my 2 cities show 2 different Hera levels and both are receiving 2 different daily bonuses.

DeletedUser

That single bank makes no sense what so ever.. sort of a cheap programming technique. Each City State should be able to build its own capabilities.