Loot 10,000 Resources From Other Cities

DeletedUser7629

So, how exactly do I go about this ? I so far have only attacked farming villages, never any other city. Currently I can not leave my island (I don't think), or I never have yet.

That said, this is almost a 2 part question, because I was also wondering about all these cities on my island with 175 points. Me and the rest of the active cities (with much more points) talk and communicate, but there is like 7 cities where the people/players seem to not be active or communicating. So I was thinking about pillaging their city like most men seem to do in this world (lol). So:

#1 - Is this a good idea ? Or No ?

#2 - If so, how do I do it ?

#3 - Should I actually take over the city ? If so, how exactly ? If not, why ? (whats best ?)

#4 - Original question, how exactly do I "loot", where do I loot ?

Thanks In Advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser271

#1 - Is this a good idea ? Or No ?

It can be a good idea depending on how many resources you need, but you won't get much resources. Max 200 of each.

#2 - If so, how do I do it ?

Just attack the cities with Attacking land units (or defensive units if you are sure that the city is empty, they sometimes have more booty than attacking units).

#3 - Should I actually take over the city ? If so, how exactly ? If not, why ? (whats best ?)

If the city has less than 997 points, then don't conquer it. As 997 is the amount of points you get when you found a city, and you may want to take a city that gives you more points than when founding.

#4 - Original question, how exactly do I "loot", where do I loot ?

If you want to loot a city (that a player owns), just attack it, and if you win the attack, then your troops that remain after the attack will loot the city. If you want to know how much loot a unit can carry, go to your barracks and select the unit, it will show it to you, for instance:

478537loooooot.png

The chariots can carry 64 resources as a booty.

If you want to loot a farming village, instead of clicking on Demand, click on the Loot button ;-) Note that looting a farming village will make the mood of the farming village; if the mood is too low, the village might revolt and you'll have to conquer it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7629

It can be a good idea depending on how many resources you need, but you won't get much resources. Max 200 of each.

Just attack the cities with Attacking land units (or defensive units if you are sure that the city is empty, they sometimes have more booty than attacking units).

If the city has less than 997 points, then don't conquer it. As 997 is the amount of points you get when you found a city, and you may want to take a city that gives you more points than when founding.

If you want to loot a city (that a player owns), just attack it, and if you win the attack, then your troops that remain after the attack will loot the city. If you want to know how much loot a unit can carry, go to your barracks and select the unit, it will show it to you, for instance:

478537loooooot.png

The chariots can carry 64 resources as a booty.

If you want to loot a farming village, instead of clicking on Demand, click on the Loot button ;-) Note that looting a farming village will make the mood of the farming village; if the mood is too low, the village might revolt and you'll have to conquer it again.
Thanks so much Kyllmen for the answers !

Ok, yea, I guess I will not be conquering the cities on my island then as they are all under 997 (except for the people I like or are in my Alliance). So I will want to just simply attack these smaller cities for loot. Now as far as looting, (sorry if I was not clear), but my question was more aimed towards being able to do the request that says "Loot 10,000 resources from other cities". And see, I have been looting the farm villages, and over time for way more than 10,000 resources, and then just realized from reading another thread that for that request, looting the farming villages is not qualifying as looting the other cities. So I must loot other cities, and thats why I was asking these questions.

I don't know how to do it. Attack, but with how many and of what ? Do I waste a spy on them ? (I've never done that yet). Or do I just guess what they may have cause they are so small ? Like is there a universal "troop crew" I could send that will pretty much guaranty to do the job against "x size" cities ? IE: If a city is from this (x) size to this (y) size then attack and/or defend with this troop crew (z). And then a whole other calculation for the next bracket size city, etc.. Know what I'm saying ?

And thanks for the help bruh !

DeletedUser

I don't know how to do it. Attack, but with how many and of what ? Do I waste a spy on them ? (I've never done that yet). Or do I just guess what they may have cause they are so small ? Like is there a universal "troop crew" I could send that will pretty much guaranty to do the job against "x size" cities ? IE: If a city is from this (x) size to this (y) size then attack and/or defend with this troop crew (z). And then a whole other calculation for the next bracket size city, etc.. Know what I'm saying ?

Looting is actually pretty easy. Just select your units and attack the city. Here are a few tips:
- If the city is 175 points, the owner hasn't been active. That means there are no units in the town, except 6 swordsmen. That means spying is useless, it's just a waste of silver.
- If you are sure the city is empty (first attack with a few units like 10 slingers or hoplites) you can start farming. That means you continuously sent attacks to get loot.
- Some units can carry more loot than others. Especially horsemen and bowmen can carry a lot of loot. But be carefull. The more units you send, the more loot they will bring. But, if you're not sure if the city is empty, you'd better not attack with defensive units like bowmen. That's why you should first check if the city is really empty.
- If you want to get some battle points, try to put 1 swordsmen in every city on your island which is being farmed. If you discover one player that is attacking one of these cities (you'll get a report saying "[player name] attacks your units stationed in [city name]") you can stack the city with your defensive units. If the player attacks the city again (hopefully with his own defensive units) he will have a big surprise as your units are in that town, and his units might all die. You'll get some battle points and the attacking player loses his units. Though, be carefull, you might lose all your units.

I hope I answered your questions. Feel free to PM me in-game as I'm not a lot on the externals.

PC

DeletedUser7629

Looting is actually pretty easy. Just select your units and attack the city. Here are a few tips:
- If the city is 175 points, the owner hasn't been active. That means there are no units in the town, except 6 swordsmen. That means spying is useless, it's just a waste of silver.
- If you are sure the city is empty (first attack with a few units like 10 slingers or hoplites) you can start farming. That means you continuously sent attacks to get loot.
- Some units can carry more loot than others. Especially horsemen and bowmen can carry a lot of loot. But be carefull. The more units you send, the more loot they will bring. But, if you're not sure if the city is empty, you'd better not attack with defensive units like bowmen. That's why you should first check if the city is really empty.
- If you want to get some battle points, try to put 1 swordsmen in every city on your island which is being farmed. If you discover one player that is attacking one of these cities (you'll get a report saying "[player name] attacks your units stationed in [city name]") you can stack the city with your defensive units. If the player attacks the city again (hopefully with his own defensive units) he will have a big surprise as your units are in that town, and his units might all die. You'll get some battle points and the attacking player loses his units. Though, be carefull, you might lose all your units.

I hope I answered your questions. Feel free to PM me in-game as I'm not a lot on the externals.

PC

Hi PC, yes, thanks this helps very much. This is exactly the type of help I was hoping for. I will try one of these strategies. Thanks for the PM offer, I'll take you up on that if need be. So I imagine your name here, is your name there ?

DeletedUser7629

Ok, I just tried to attack the 175 point city with 10 Slingers (as you said), and it gave me a error and said "An attack troop has to consist of at least 27 residents".

??

To make sure I am even "Attacking" right... You mean to click on the city and then click on the "Attack" button, then set up my troops and send them from that window right ? Or is there another way of "Attacking" that is more intended for "looting" ?

What am I doing wrong ? If I can't send 10, I don't see how I could send 1 ? They are saying 27 minimal. At least with the approach I used.

Please advise - and thanks !

DeletedUser

Ok, I just tried to attack the 175 point city with 10 Slingers (as you said), and it gave me a error and said "An attack troop has to consist of at least 27 residents".

??

To make sure I am even "Attacking" right... You mean to click on the city and then click on the "Attack" button, then set up my troops and send them from that window right ? Or is there another way of "Attacking" that is more intended for "looting" ?

What am I doing wrong ? If I can't send 10, I don't see how I could send 1 ? They are saying 27 minimal. At least with the approach I used.

Please advise - and thanks !

Did you figure it out? I've been attacking/looting all the cities on my island and keeping track of the resources I've gained in the notes. I surpassed 10,000 but nothing happened to the quest, its still not satisfied. Whats wrong? Does the quest mean looting farming villages because that is the only real "Loot" button.

DeletedUser

Nevermind it finally gave me credit for satisfying the quest. It was just slow about it. Maybe it was waiting for my soldiers to return to the city.