Large Island - City Slots

DeletedUser10000

Hello,

A group of friends and I wanted to take over an entire island. We got to 19/20 slots, then the last slot disappeared from view for anyone not already on the island. Friends on the island can see the 20th slot, and invite new players to it. New players, not already registered to this world.

There is no explanation for this in the Grepolis wiki. No written rule that we can't do this. I did find a forum post somewhere else that said in reference to another player's similar query:

I checked out this island you were talking about, and there are no spots for people to join. Spots open on "main"(ones that you start on and have farming villages, not the colonizing ones) islands only open up when there are enough people in a world on the location, then the island will open up for people to colonize and start there. The only way you could have colonized on that island from my experience is somebody must've been there before but there city ghosted. Otherwise, I have no idea how it let you go there in the first place.

Is this really the case? Is this a defined rule set by Grepolis? The larger islands, with farming villages, can't be taken over completely by players already inside the game?

Grepolis' rules and wiki are a decent general guide, but there are plenty of holes in the information, case in point. Maybe instead of this Easter basket thing, the rules and wiki can be enhanced. That would be nice.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your response and answer to my question.

-SlickerThanNick

DeletedUser8562

that seems like a glitch, or somebody already started founding a city there, in which case the little flag would disapear since u cant invite somebody to a city slot already taken by someone founding a city there.

DeletedUser10000

Nobody else is taking the last slot. It's been 19/20 filled slots since my last post. My friends and I can invite someone to the slot, but only a brand new player to the world.

The world isn't in WW mode yet, so maybe not until then can we take over every city slot? This is annoying, and frustrating.

DeletedUser8562

Nobody else is taking the last slot. It's been 19/20 filled slots since my last post. My friends and I can invite someone to the slot, but only a brand new player to the world.

The world isn't in WW mode yet, so maybe not until then can we take over every city slot? This is annoying, and frustrating.
invite somebody then once they make a town, conquer it!

DeletedUser10000

invite somebody then once they make a town, conquer it!

You overestimate the number of interested friends I have. Or even the number of friends I have... :p ;) But yes, that seems to be our best option at the moment. Unfortunately.

Thank you for the reply!

DeletedUser8562

You overestimate the number of interested friends I have. Or even the number of friends I have... :p ;) But yes, that seems to be our best option at the moment. Unfortunately.

Thank you for the reply!
what ocean is this in?? which city of yours?