Lamia mildly unpleasant banter thread!

DeletedUser10777

I THINK WE HAVE BEEN ON OUR BEST BEHAVIOR AND I THINK WE NEED TO GET THIS THREAD BACK IN LINE.....

CHARL..... DRAQ...... LETS RENAME THIS BAD BOY..... IM THINKING WE NEED TO GET BACK TO THE GOOD OL' TRASH TALK THREAD.....

GET ER' DONE!!!!!!
smiley_emoticons_eazy_cool01.gif

DeletedUser12302

Congrats on the wonder! I, for one, am a little excited for what is left to come. While we know that the story you want to believe is that we thought we would cruise to 7 wonders and you heroically squashed those plans, it simply is not true. We never felt that we'd take all seven. The concern was that we may have to take a wonder from an alliance that can fight (TSF). Thankfully, you guys in The Paper Tiger Nation took one. Now those of us in the south or west have a reason to migrate eastward.

If you're looking for a reason why you fell behind, look no further than the closest mirror. You see, we were struggling to keep up on favor drops with you pushing statue and TSF pushing both the temple and gardens. When you stopped pushing the statue, we were able to divert all favor drops to the temple and then garden and surge back in front. I can't thank you enough. The statue was the first wonder we had that hit level 9, but it was the third to reach level 10 because we didn't have to put an ounce of favor into it. So, once again, you unwittingly toss an assist our way while being a hindrance to your supposed ally. Great leadership!

Actually it shows what you know Bin, it was my decision to stop the Statue. In fact I was online when it reached level 9 and knew you would push that quickly. For your information at that very point we were over 12 hours behind and you can fill a lot quicker than we can after your colonisation program (which seems the way forward from previous Worlds I have played). With that in mind I reckoned you would be approx 20 hours in front by the time we started the blessing and that is without you speeding it up. Yes we could have given you a race and maybe in hindsight we should have but it was my call not Crankys so abuse me if you want to, as there are a hell of a lot of more influencing factors why you will get the 4 Wonders than me stopping the Statue.

DeletedUser

Thankfully, you guys in The Paper Tiger Nation took one. Now those of us in the south or west have a reason to migrate eastward.

Is this a promise? It takes the world almost being over until you begin to build the courage to attack "The Paper Tiger Nation". We've been beating on you guys for months trying to get a response out of you, but I guess after all you ex-TC guys always were just a "Human Meat Shield" for Vig. So, before all you ex-TC players get too excited about your handed WW victory, I think you might first want to 1) congratulate Cranky for leading TMN in defeating TC because I don’t see that alliance in the rankings anymore and 2) thank Legionkane and company for building you a better alliance.

I have to give you guys some credit. Even though you kept running alliances into the ground, you always found some sucker willing to lift you back up, including us for a while. How many failed alliances did you guys have, Dark Elite, Soul Catchers, Infection, Maniacal Destiny, The Collective? I could never keep them straight, but through them all Cranky led a stable, growing alliance. TMN is the longest running alliance that has never had to merge or rebrand to stay alive and keep winning wars. I think that is why you guys insist on harassing Cranky, because of this accomplishment.

Vig did win the attack the bot contest. And CV did win the resources moving contest in pretty convincing fashion so congrats on the WW victory. CV getting those WWs so fast and the defense of them really was unbelievable, extraordinary teamwork. In all honesty CV deserved it, but the victory didn't come from any of the guys who have spent months mouthing off in this forum and I think we all know that.

DeletedUser

Is this a promise? It takes the world almost being over until you begin to build the courage to attack "The Paper Tiger Nation". We've been beating on you guys for months trying to get a response out of you, but I guess after all you ex-TC guys always were just a "Human Meat Shield" for Vig. So, before all you ex-TC players get too excited about your handed WW victory, I think you might first want to 1) congratulate Cranky for leading TMN in defeating TC because I don’t see that alliance in the rankings anymore and 2) thank Legionkane and company for building you a better alliance.

I have to give you guys some credit. Even though you kept running alliances into the ground, you always found some sucker willing to lift you back up, including us for a while. How many failed alliances did you guys have, Dark Elite, Soul Catchers, Infection, Maniacal Destiny, The Collective? I could never keep them straight, but through them all Cranky led a stable, growing alliance. TMN is the longest running alliance that has never had to merge or rebrand to stay alive and keep winning wars. I think that is why you guys insist on harassing Cranky, because of this accomplishment.

Vig did win the attack the bot contest. And CV did win the resources moving contest in pretty convincing fashion so congrats on the WW victory. CV getting those WWs so fast and the defense of them really was unbelievable, extraordinary teamwork. In all honesty CV deserved it, but the victory didn't come from any of the guys who have spent months mouthing off in this forum and I think we all know that.

Valid points, Jake. I oftentimes forget that the object of this game is to claim to have won a war that never ended (and was predominantly fought by your ally), stubbornly refuse to adapt to changing conditions, and sim your way to 2nd place. Congratulations on a well-earned victory.

I found calling the former TC players a "Human Meat Shield" particularly amusing especially coming from a guy who has less abp than 18 members of CV who came from TC. Do me a favor and pay close attention the part of the tutorial that teaches you how to attack before you start calling people out.

DeletedUser

I was quoting Vig leadership, the guys running your new alliance. They were the ones who referred to TC as a human meat shield. I found that particularly amusing myself. I guess if you have the option to become someone’s human meat shield or be destroyed, the human meat shield option starts looking pretty good. Vig was smart, they used that to their advantage. Then they used whatever was left of TC to help them win the WWs. I almost wished we would have used that strategy, but then we would have had to endure TC’s presence in our forums for all these months.

How many ABP’s do I have to have before I can comment on the forum here anyway? The size of a player is based mostly on the size of his pocket and the amount of time available to play the game. You obviously have more of both than me, but your APB/city is only a little more than 25% higher than mine. You are better than me, I never contested that, but maybe you aren’t as big a stud as you think. And to tell the truth, I’m not sure if I shouldn’t take it as a compliment that only 18 members of the old TC have more ABP than me considering I’m only the 24th ranked player on TMN. Thanks for looking that up for me.

I tell you what though Binski, while we’re talking about offensive prowess, you revolt one of your enemy’s WW cities and come back to the forum and we can talk. You don’t have to take it, because we know that isn’t happening, just revolt one. If a noob like me can pull it off surely a top ranked stud like yourself can.

DeletedUser

So revolting a WW city, failing to take it, and handing your opponent astronomical dbps is a victory in your mind?

DeletedUser

What I'm really interested in seeing is who The Paper Tiger Nation is going to get to fight for them now. After getting shafted by you guys in the WW race, is TSF still interested in being your lackeys?

DeletedUser

Gillet, you earned some respect from me. You took responsibility for a bad decision, and showed that you can learn from it. Cranky could learn from you, especially since an 0-10 record should say to him that he is doing something wrong.

DeletedUser10363

Jake, I am curious... Who exactly did you personally beat on? I think everyone from TC has openly acknowledged the early losses sustained on our side. I know we also called them for what they were- inactive players and those as a result of circumstance. Considering the context of the diplomatic environment at the time and how this world has played out, it seems everything we have been saying has been proven true. To say otherwise is simply sour grapes or self-delusion. Take your pick.

I understand the rationale for wanting to deflect any semblance of credit from TC in this endeavor and it also speaks to the reason we continually point out the flaws in Cranky's logic and game play in general. The simple fact is the numbers do not lie. Look them up.

As for the reluctance to attack... that is comical. Honestly, do you guys know how to check the attacker rankings? I know I have personally racked up hundreds of thousands of ABP against the aforementioned Paper Tigers (lol binski)... As soon as we diverted even a sliver of attention from TSF (1map, pictureplan, poseidonswrath, tonja, superunknown etc) you guys started having massive internal issues. GrepoWHAT and Tyrll were the first dominoes in a long chain of paranoid cannibalization.

I have had multiple players from Mamluk message me directly with exactly how ridiculous things operate over there. It is no wonder Tuf2bme, pineapplesolo, and Maleficent (among others) decided to quit rather than continue to lose cities and deal with the irrational response from leadership.

I was in ocean 65 for less than a day and walked into a Mamluk city. It is absolutely a joke to continue this facade and pretend to have any relevance whatsoever in the fighting department.

I will say this. It has been a great battle in the core this entire server. There are some really outstanding players from TSF and it made this game fun... and cranky tolerable.

Greek is also a bright spot amongst the sea of ineptitude that is Mamluk. Tuf was also a solid fighter but we saw what happened when he lost a few cities.

As for what happens going forward. Rest assured Jake...We are going for all 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10777

jake, i am curious... Who exactly did you personally beat on? I think everyone from tc has openly acknowledged the early losses sustained on our side. I know we also called them for what they were- inactive players and those as a result of circumstance. Considering the context of the diplomatic environment at the time and how this world has played out, it seems everything we have been saying has been proven true. To say otherwise is simply sour grapes or self-delusion. Take your pick.

I understand the rationale for wanting to deflect any semblance of credit from tc in this endeavor and it also speaks to the reason we continually point out the flaws in cranky's logic and game play in general. The simple fact is the numbers do not lie. Look them up.

As for the reluctance to attack... That is comical. Honestly, do you guys know how to check the attacker rankings? I know i have personally racked up hundreds of thousands of abp against the aforementioned paper tigers (lol binski)... As soon as we diverted even a sliver of attention from tsf (1map, pictureplan, poseidonswrath, tonja, superunknown etc) you guys started having massive internal issues. Grepowhat and tyrll were the first dominoes in a long chain of paranoid cannibalization.

I have had multiple players from mamluk message me directly with exactly how ridiculous things operate over there. It is no wonder tuf2bme, pineapplesolo, and maleficent (among others) decided to quit rather than continue to lose cities and deal with the irrational response from leadership.

I was in ocean 65 for less than a day and walked into a mamluk city. It is absolutely a joke to continue this facade and pretend to have any relevance whatsoever in the fighting department.

i will say this. It has been a great battle in the core this entire server. There are some really outstanding players from tsf and it made this game fun... And cranky tolerable.

Greek is also a bright spot amongst the sea of ineptitude that is mamluk. Tuf was also a solid fighter but we saw what happened when he lost a few cities.

As for what happens going forward. Rest assured jake...we are going for all 7.

i second that comment. By the way. Jake rf, the bullseye has been placed on your back now. Hope your ready......

DeletedUser2622

Jake, I know we also called them for what they were- inactive players and those as a result of circumstance. Considering the context of the diplomatic environment at the time and how this world has played out, it seems everything we have been saying has been proven true. To say otherwise is simply sour grapes or self-delusion. Take your pick.

I remember making an active player named Womack quit... wasn't inactive. "Result of circumstance" is ridiculous. How ELSE do you think cities get taken from either side? For one who talks about excuses you make a ton yourself. Players get revolted while they are away which leads to captured cities. That is how the game works lol, you can't seriously dismiss every capture we have had against you all just as we also cannot do the same... The only ones I would dismiss are the captures you had in 34, these were specifically designed for DBP production and it worked, you all got a new city and we did what we could to generate dbp since we sat in your ocean the entire server without any real offensive effort.

And for the record you have NO idea what you are talking about with Tuf.. I would appreciate it if you kept his name out of your mouth/off the forums. We don't owe you an explanation, but I am telling you referring to Tuf in the manner you have been is in seriously poor taste.

DeletedUser

i second that comment. By the way. Jake rf, the bullseye has been placed on your back now. Hope your ready......

Two posts to become public enemy number one. Either I'm better at mildy unpleasant banter than I thought or you guys are a touchy bunch.

DeletedUser11005

lol... I love this thread... Even after ghosting I can't help but check in on it to get a chuckle in the middle of my workday. You all have gotta let me know if you head to another world, too much fun to miss out on.

redmage111

Senior Citizen
I thought I'd point out only that for most of this thread, the biggest issue --at least on my part--was the basic refusal to give ANY credit to The Collective (and it's various incarnations) by Cranky. A very basic refusal to allow for circumstances other than "you guys got pwned." And that is of course his, and anyone's right. However, just as has been said about Tuf , sometimes those on the outside don't know what the actual story is..merely what they get to see storming the gates. There has been a lot of things in poor taste , and it's not all "oh those guys over there TC/CV and Vigilate etc..are jerks who won't admit they got trashed "(guess what, we didn't. We've been here the entire server, and have weathered basically everything the rest of the server has thrown our way and come out. All the inactives , and a few of the actives.. don't change that fact that in the end we played quite well in the most contested oceans.) Also, let's be fair here, this IS a mildly unpleasant banter thread...a lot of the stuff is to be expected and I think overall we've been much more lighthearted about how we've taken the trash talk.
In any event , that's my two cents. Kudos to the wonders you guys capped! And hello Poseidon! Not quite the same server without you running amok with pictureplan , 1map and company.

DeletedUser12226

I thought I'd point out only that for most of this thread, the biggest issue --at least on my part--was the basic refusal to give ANY credit to The Collective (and it's various incarnations).

I guess this does not really fit in a trash talk thread,but for my part, playing against TC with superunknown, Poseidon,1map, tonjaR, from when it was everyone against TSF until a few weeks ago, made this first time playing Grep pretty fun and probably one of the reasons I kept playing. It was almost never easy to take cities from you guys and you did a great job with building the wonders. Curious what I ll see if Lamia s still around when I m back.

DeletedUser10363

The fun stuff has officially started.
smiley_emoticons_freddus_pacman.gif

You all had a nice showing with the defense ...just not exactly where ya needed it...
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser

1map and Tonja have left TSF and created their own alliance. They immediately vaulted to the #2 most offensive alliance while dropping TSF to the #87 most relevant alliance.

DeletedUser2622

1map and Tonja have left TSF and created their own alliance. They immediately vaulted to the #2 most offensive alliance while dropping TSF to the #87 most relevant alliance.

Yea, I am REALLY glad I wasted 2 weeks of vm to buy time for SOME sort of plan to be set just to come back to my alliance being dissolved. Good job CV. Looks like the crown will be yours after all.

DeletedUser12496

Yea, I am REALLY glad I wasted 2 weeks of vm to buy time for SOME sort of plan to be set just to come back to my alliance being dissolved. Good job CV. Looks like the crown will be yours after all.

Yea, I am really GLAD you weren't able to waste 84 days of our time...wooohoo!!

Cranky seen that we were not going to give up and say "oh well I guess we're screwed"... we just started flooding the seas all around the TMN wonders 1st by founding then by taking fully built cities...easily ;)

and yes the crown will be ours after all.... I am laughing at your tears Spives hahahhahaha

DeletedUser

Oldhippy one thing is wining the server, something else is bragging about it to members which leader just disbanded the alliance, like come on man is THAT what you need to start bragging.

If you guys are thrilled about taking cities now then it says very little because guess who many cares about this server now? Back when there was a real war you guys were loosing.

What we have now is not a war, people have moved on from here long ago, ghosted etc. THATS the only reason you can take cities and it's slightly pathetic that you come NOW and brag.

Again: Remember this is a game, and theres other servers too, adding to that theres the whole selfrespect thing. We all know who won the war back before WWE started no need to tell me you dont - so cut it and try to be good winners.

Smacktalk etc. can go on during the war, but winner has been found, but what does a crown mean if you have no respect? - as i said before.., it's pixels which you are willing to trade your morale and respect to turn gold.

Some people compensate for something real life in this game, others see it as a fun game - try and be the last.

Clint: "i second that comment. By the way. Jake rf, the bullseye has been placed on your back now. Hope your ready......"

Dude are you serious? You are taking cities from people that dont play the server anymore - remember the "Some people compensate for something real life in this game".

CV you guys survived the server and you won it which i can only gratulate. War is over deal has been sealed, you get crowns and thats it. So now we can "ease up" like after a rough soccer game - must respect the leaders over there for taking decisions like you did. Whatever you did lead you to victory.

Anyway over and out on this thread, thanks for a good war and we might meet again somewhere else. Wear the crowns with pride, some of you derserved them, some didnt. Thoose of you that does - GG!