Joining an alliance

• Thread starter DeletedUser9810
  • Start date

DeletedUser9810

So, yes I'm very active and have been getting invitations from alliances, but no real communication. I tried to reply to one of the invitations and the original sender told me to talk to a particular person, their "recruiter" so that I could be properly shown how things should be done....as in trying to join up with them. But I had been sent an invitation from this person and this person just brushed me off like I was asking him to join his alliance and pointed me to another person to talk to about joining up. So I just let it go, I was not asking to join, I was responding to who I thought was a recruiter. I'm not ready to join an alliance yet any way.

Two days go by and I decided to respond to a letter sent to me that was sent with a second offer from this particular alliance to join...this was from a different alliance, not the first one from above. This letter that was sent to me was a form letter. Easy to tell because it said welcome to the alliance, but I had yet to join up with them. So I replied to this form letter with some questions. I was told that I could join up or join with some other alliance with some colorful letter, but that he was not gonna talk up his alliance to make it look good to me.
After thinking about what he wrote I sent another reply saying how I wanted to join an alliance that would go out of it's way for each other, that had rules about activity and that activity and communication are key to making a strong alliance. Now I was a bit drunk when I wrote it but I don't feel that I was too demanding in what I felt the alliance I want to join should be like. I was told flat out that I was not the type of member they were looking for.

Now I am new to Grepolis, but not new to this style of game. I come from being part of strong, well constructed alliance that plans out every move and acts as one. I have been a leader of training wing, deputy of a main wing and a recruiter witch brings me back to this thread.

In this game, is it normal for people to send out invitations willy nilly ? Just send them out to anyone and everyone that looks like they may be sorta active. Don't matter if the player has a scheduled bed time. Don't matter if the player is a weekend warrior. Do people just join up with any alliance cause they were invited to one ?
A person just can't join with a group, put time into that group just to find out that the group you joined with turns out to be mainly inactive. I don't know...is this how things work here ?

DeletedUser

If you ask me, the best alliances don't send out invitations... you should try to find a good one that is still recruiting and request to join, otherwise you'll just be in an alliance with a bunch of mass-recruits. Unfortunately most alliances are like that, but occasionally you can find a quality one if you look hard enough.