It's sad...

• Thread starter DeletedUser10442
  • Start date

DeletedUser10442

It seems that you just can't play an online game without immature players who feel the need to boost their egos by insulting other players...
i guess it's just a sign of the times...poor upbringing...good sportsmanship no longer being ingrained from childhood...good manners and consideration for others no longer being important because it's all about you and whatever makes you feel you are better than others...
utter lack of civility...and since "civility" is derived from 'civilization', i guess we are seeing the decline of civilization, which is interesting, seeing that this and other such games are set during the birth of civilization...

well, at least AI opponents aren't programmed with the need to act like a 14yo punk....yet...

DeletedUser

It seems that you just can't play an online game without immature players who feel the need to boost their egos by insulting other players...
i guess it's just a sign of the times...poor upbringing...good sportsmanship no longer being ingrained from childhood...at least AI opponents aren't programmed with the need to act like a 14yo punk....yet...

Be careful you don't fall into the gutter along with those you criticize. By my reckoning you just made fun of someone's mother. Ouch!

I would suggest to you that if a game that is made to be fun is making you sad, you should either find a server that suits your sensitivities or find an AI that'll give you an excellent round of chess.

As far as incivility, I have seen much worse. And for all the back and forth spinning and banter that goes on in here, I have a fairly high opinion of most people on this forum with the exception of traitors who should have started in a new server-world rather than betray their friends. This is the highest act of incivility imaginable, going against once own 'civitas'.

My mommy told me that you are what you eat, so I'd say certain alliances have been eating a lot of fruit loops lately. Sorry, you have to be a little loopy to jump from Havoc to AM/DM

attachment.php

This pic should become the new alliance profile pic for AM & DM

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I couldn't agree more with you Jaxx...and for the most part minus the traitor comment should have gone to a new server, I agree with Ximi as well.

Lack of gratitude and betrayal is very uncivil but the American colonies revolting was a lack of gratitude and betrayal so sometimes its required, especially if you could make the argument that those members left because they weren't treated with enough respect or gratitude in their original alliances.

But I couldn't agree more with the lack of civility demonstrated by some, but to be honest this server is not bad at all on that, Eta has some of the most ungrateful little spoiled punks you will ever run into in this game. It has completely turned me off to this game and I only play now out of my sense of loyalty to those I should be grateful to. In this world its my former TH members who I will follow to the gates of Hell if it was requested and on Eta my own alliance.

DeletedUser

I couldn't agree more with you Jaxx...and for the most part minus the traitor comment should have gone to a new server, I agree with Ximi as well.

Lack of gratitude and betrayal is very uncivil but the American colonies revolting was a lack of gratitude and betrayal so sometimes its required, especially if you could make the argument that those members left because they weren't treated with enough respect or gratitude in their original alliances.

But I couldn't agree more with the lack of civility demonstrated by some, but to be honest this server is not bad at all on that, Eta has some of the most ungrateful little spoiled punks you will ever run into in this game. It has completely turned me off to this game and I only play now out of my sense of loyalty to those I should be grateful to. In this world its my former TH members who I will follow to the gates of Hell if it was requested and on Eta my own alliance.

I remember hearing how TH would die fighting with their banner in hand and the stats that stood behind it, right about a week before they merged with AM/DM. I suppose it had something to do with the fact that Mags and I were not in the ring kissing mode and made it clear titles in Havoc were not given but earned, which brings me to my second point. SMM, FB, BLOC and these others were empowered within Havoc's establishment. They were given cities and the liberty to grow pretty much unchallenged for months. Several had earned titles and some even managed to keep them. Two of them had just been promoted to founder status and why they did not just disband the outfit is beyond me. TBH I may not be alone in thinking this would have actually helped Havoc so maybe thats why.

Now certain SOPHISTS would have you believe that these few carried Havoc, but truth is the banner was a top 10 alliance 5 months before this rukus bunch joined. Fact is some are just not cut out for leadership and are better at taking orders rather than giving them.

But Im just a figurehead so what do I know AMIRITE? I know this much for sure; I'd rather be the Queen of England and stand for something, than King Bull Feco and fall for anything.

jaxxon said:
It's sad....

Really, you are sad about the status internet gaming forums I gotta say NINJA PLZ!!!!! People are dying, starving, abused, misused and imprisoned in RL. *Price check on perspective please*

You must be new to the world wide web. Go play a match of LOL and you'll find out real quick what a lack of community really looks like. Maybe I am just old school but my first MMO was BROOD WAR and it was brutal. (Zone Control/Zero Clutter) In the past 20 years things have gotten much much more PC and the EPEEN is not nearly what it used to be. Not to mention the mods, especially here, never let it get out of hand. You want to see what it was like even ten years ago google Death and Taxes guild drama in WOW, now thats sad. At the end of the day if it's all too much for you here, I have a UBER group on HELLO KITTY ONLINE if you want an invite.
epeen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fortis has a right to his opinion because he was on the back end of a betrayal. Someone who can speak from experience about that I know how much it stings and upsetting it can be. My own desires on Eta went from WW victory to vengeance against the Rat traitors, luckily though even with their betrayal my alliance stayed the number 2 alliance but it was definitely a blow.

I do also agree with your sentiment that internet "civility" is the last thing that matters in a world with so much injustice and the fact that the internet has always been a collection of cesspool. I mean you can't even read news articles online, go to the comments section and not find disgusting human beings all FROM READING NEWS! lol

So just from reading your going to get trash and you add a pvp aspect, you can only imagine the kind of trash that will attract.