Island Quests - Discussion

DeletedUser3157

I have a bunch of defensive spells that I don't need.

Yes you have to watch for what spells you are getting as a result of the choice you make. If you don't need those defensive spells I suggest spending them on a city any city.... I avoid the defensive spell quest and almost always go for the other one.

-Vys

DeletedUser19

Keep in mind that Island quests are optional ;-)
If you see no good rewards from one then you won't have to do it :)

Kariella

Hoplite
50g is a little steep to discard an island quest and get a new one... 25g seems more inline... I mean you could go from one sucky quest to another lol

DeletedUser271

50g is a little steep to discard an island quest and get a new one... 25g seems more inline... I mean you could go from one sucky quest to another lol

And that's exactly why it's 50 golds ;-) If it were 25 gold, some shady and dark anti-gold movement would protest and nobody wants to see this on the forum.

DeletedUser

Anyone else find these quests somewhat misogynistic? By themselves, the 'found a brothel' and 'the captain's wife is a witch' aren't too bad, but when I get them in a row I'm a bit creeped out. It's not like this is a historically accurate game in the first place...is there room for some modern sensibility here?

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
Nope, it's set in Ancient Greece, so the quests pertain to Greek Mythology and other things related to everything Greek. And, you can't expect a new quest every time, I mean, how much do you think the devs can do?

DeletedUser

Guys:
If you have a bug to report, post it in the bugs section please.
If you have a question about anything game related, post it in the questions section please.

We love the discussion, but it is best to post the bugs and questions in their respective places.

If you don't get quests when you should, log out and log in again. This can reset the timer and your quests will spawn. Doesn't always work, but...

You are aware that you can dump stuff from your inventory right? May as well fill it up and then either use or dump the spells when you need to claim a new reward. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2725

I think the Island Quests add interest and strategy to the game. But I also think they are too inexpensive. Right now their cost is geared for the player first starting out. For those of us who have been around awhile they should be at least 5 to 10 times more expensive, in terms of resources required or troops dispatched.

DeletedUser271

I think the Island Quests add interest and strategy to the game. But I also think they are too inexpensive. Right now their cost is geared for the player first starting out. For those of us who have been around awhile they should be at least 5 to 10 times more expensive, in terms of resources required or troops dispatched.

When you'll see the real purpose of island quests, you'll realise that it's actually not that inexpensive... There will soon be a new reward coming (in version 2.41 if I'm not mistaking) which will allow you to unlock a new feature (I won't tell which it is as I want all of you to discover it by yourself :eek:) and you will need a lot of the new rewards (so that means a lot of resources/troops given to island quests) before being able to unlock the new feature ;-)

DeletedUser

i was wondering when quests stop because i havent received an island quest for over 2 weeks.

DeletedUser

The island quests have not been in the game for 2 weeks i don't think...
You will have been receiving them, if the time between them isn't correct, try clearing cache etc and sometimes just logging out and then back in again can fix the issue. If you really don't think you have been receiving your island quests at all, send in a support ticket and your world's in-game mod will be able to assit you.

If you mean Quests as in the normal quests that we have had for ages, sometimes they don't generate frequently later in the game. You must meet certain requirements before they are given to you. Also, it is possible that you just completed them all! There is a page with all of the quests on the wiki.

DeletedUser

The island quests have not been in the game for 2 weeks i don't think...
You will have been receiving them, if the time between them isn't correct, try clearing cache etc and sometimes just logging out and then back in again can fix the issue. If you really don't think you have been receiving your island quests at all, send in a support ticket and your world's in-game mod will be able to assit you.

If you mean Quests as in the normal quests that we have had for ages, sometimes they don't generate frequently later in the game. You must meet certain requirements before they are given to you. Also, it is possible that you just completed them all! There is a page with all of the quests on the wiki.
Logging in and out gave me my first island quest in atleast a week so thanks for the help its weird how just that changes things.

DeletedUser

Yea, I agree. I kind of wish we had a more concrete points system. It's like you do something and just kind of hope you get points for it.

Kariella

Hoplite
do we need a "Warning, you are being attacked." cell phone alert when the attack is a quest? I mean yeah, duh... we provoked it :)