Is there any point continuing to play with Evil Empire wiping everyone already?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2861
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2861

Is there any point continuing to play with The Evil Empire wiping everyone out already?

I have been playing 4 weeks and keep losing cities (2600, 6000, now 7000 points) to an alliance 30 TIMES our size.

This Evil Alliance broke up our academy and started new players fighting against themselves.
Then they had a spy, maybe two spies, in the remaining free players alliance helping to bring us down and take our cities by looking to see who had become inactive.

I don't know whether the game inherently sucks. but it certainly sucks with TEE in it.
It is a shame the game designers didn't have a game which prevented this kind of ridiculous imbalance because now it is utterly pointless playing. I first saw the game ad here on TV and it looked promising until we had to deal with TEE. Now I give it 1 more week at most.

Yesterday I watched another alliance called Daemonicus that was about half TEE size give up because even they couldn't stand against TEE.

They should take everyone's cities and divide them out equally and start again.

Regards
Very angry and very disappointed to have wasted time on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2770

Kaana I am sorry you feel that way, however it is not true. This game has many new players which allowed all the good, experienced players to get under one roof and in most worlds that will not happen... However TEE Suffers from the same things most alliances do

Dont fault the game because TEE is playing it right way, fault most playing for not knowing how to

Try a different server with more of a slow speed and maybe morale til you learn how to perfect it

DeletedUser2861

Kaana I am sorry you feel that way, however it is not true. This game has many new players which allowed all the good, experienced players to get under one roof and in most worlds that will not happen... However TEE Suffers from the same things most alliances do

Dont fault the game because TEE is playing it right way, fault most playing for not knowing how to

Try a different server with more of a slow speed and maybe morale til you learn how to perfect it

Actually I am used to playing games much faster than this. 5 times faster would work for me. I don't have that much time to wait for it.

As I said my complaint is coming to a game in which there is only one team and they are 30 times the size of the rest. You should have resource taxation on teams that get too big.

And my other complaint was the obvious spying of our alliance by a plant in our alliance.
They don't need to use such tactics they are already 30 times our size. The spy complained when I kicked him and another spy let him back in. No one knows who let him back in. the damage was then done and certain players benefited, one to the tune of a 7000 point city.

It was obvious in the end that chaseretzer was a spy. He came on just long enough to spy our forums and then leave. He built nothing not even one soldier. UglyCrow in the next city (TEE) even had troops and ships supporting chaseretzer even though chaseretzer was supposed to be in our alliance. UglyCrow benefited from the information in various ways.

DeletedUser

I do not like spies too much, and I don't believe anyone should use them. Especially those large alliances that are dominating like TEE. And that's what makes the game fun-trying to take out the top dogs. :D It may be difficult sometimes but remember, good, experienced alliances can fall, too. It just takes one internal issue, and if you fight back you can be the source of one.

DeletedUser2861

I have pointed out these two problems.

If you disagree and ignore these comments then the game will ultimately fail in my honest opinion because the imbalance will get worse causing it to get worse again.

Perhaps you should teleport TEE to the realm of the Gods where they can play others more matched in their abilities.

DeletedUser

How would there be winners?

DeletedUser2861

I do not know what you mean, no idea at all, it is not English.

Another thing, when you are biggest alliance by a factor of 10 why do you need to have even more help in the form of pacts!?

DeletedUser

Strategy.
I don't care how big you are it's difficult to take on the entire world at once. Especially if the people you are going against actually attack, and it's a conquest world like this is.
And if I was speaking in a different language besides English the mods would have brought it up and said English only. :p

DeletedUser2770

kaana spies are part of the game, nothing you can do about that other than accept it.

As far as pacts go i said my peace with it the other day. I think it is disgusting that the #1 and #2 ranked alliances are pacted and sharing the same ocean

Like I said Kaana try a different world with different settings might end up in your favor

DeletedUser2568

Of course there is reasons to continue... alliances come and go... inactivity/personality differences will always cause things to change... plus you never know what will happen when oceans collide!

DeletedUser2861

Of course there is reasons to continue... alliances come and go... inactivity/personality differences will always cause things to change... plus you never know what will happen when oceans collide!

We cant even secure ONE island, which is our main island. TEE have a 7000 point city on our main island and we throw everything in our alliance at him and still cant shift him because he has infinite resources. Is there a way?

I will give it one more week. I wont be trying another world after this total waste of time.

DeletedUser2568

No offense Kaana, but if you don't understand what they are doing with that city than you are probably playing the wrong game. They are stacking that city because they KNOW you are going to try and get it. Leave it alone and move on... You are just feeding the beast.

DeletedUser2861

No offense Kaana, but if you don't understand what they are doing with that city than you are probably playing the wrong game. They are stacking that city because they KNOW you are going to try and get it. Leave it alone and move on... You are just feeding the beast.

I hadn't realized that the TEE were in an alliance with the next biggest alliance. what a joke.

If what you saying is correct then the game is even more dumb and unrealistic.
The aim is to secure our border and we apparently cant.

It really makes no difference if the beast is being fed now, they are the size of a planet already.

DeletedUser2568

It really makes no difference if the beast is being fed now, they are the size of a planet already.

You have never seen a server when peeps are sitting at 100 cities per person if you think they are the size of a planet...

DeletedUser

Kaana - the game does have a "taxation" on bigger players. It's just not activated on Zeta. It's called Morale. In Morale worlds, big players are penalized for attacking smaller players. Their attacks are lowered in effectiveness. Can even go down to 30%. Use the simulator and see how that effects a battle.

But, as mentioned, morale is not turned on for this server.

Lastly, stick it out if you can. Have you ever seen the movie "The Princess Bride"? Westley (as the Dread Pirate Roberts) defeats Fezzik, played by Andre the Giant (...and yes Andre the Giant is his name...he was a big huge wrestler in the 80s or so). Anyway, he beats him in a one on one fight because he simply tires out the giant. That could happen with the giant of this game. They are likely to get bored with their empire and inactivity could set in for many players.

Still, I admit, I don't see them losing this server. And to the person who said they are playing right. No. They are playing like every other alliance in grepolis. That doesn't make it right. That just makes it grepolis.

DeletedUser2770

Kong first I am ashamed you actually used that movie as a reference...

2nd they are playing the way there supposed to in the sense they are offensive, aggressive and kicking rump... Although that crap they pulled in pacting with the same alliance which should be their competition in the same ocean offends any true grep player...

I already told kaana about morale and thats where he should go

DeletedUser2861

It occurred to me that there is something inherently very wrong with this game.

It quickly becomes obvious after joining the game that it cannot be won no matter what you do to try to win and that in my opinion is a fatal game feature. Worse you have to play for weeks and even months waiting for them to get around to wiping you out.
That's why I put a one week limit on this. If I am not dead by then by an alliance 30 times my size then I am the winner.

DeletedUser

I have noticed there are more new players on this server than on ANY server I have EVER played except for the very first server I played in EN when it started up. New players should play SLOW servers (Speed 1) while learning. It gives them time to learn the intricacies of the game, to read all the beginner guides, to get down how to do timed attacks, how to dodge, how to tell if an incoming attack is a CS attack or not (that is the only one that matters on a conquest server), etc.

Spies are part of the game. There is no way around that unless like AD you have an alliance of friends and take in VERY VERY VERY few players from the server. There are also Grepolis sites that provide player information on player online times, etc. That is something else you would learn playing a slower server while learning the game.

You really should also be playing a server with Morale. Morale means that a "smaller" player is much more difficult to conquer and the losses to a bigger player just are not worth it.

The experienced players on this server are players who have been at this for years. And we are slaughtering the new players because there is no morale. That may sound harsh, but it is what it is.

At this point you have a few options:

1. See if you can join TEE.

2. Let them take your cities and start over on the rim in an ocean FAR AWAY from TEE so you can try to grow in peace. (Warning: Do not come to O65/O75 because we eat new players whole).

3. Try to start an account on a SLOWER new server and join a GOOD alliance and LEARN. Read ALL of the beginner manuals available. Figure out how to do things, how to build your cities, etc. THEN it becomes a LOT more fun.

It is truly a fun game. I hope you get to see that side of it.

DeletedUser2861

Hey if you are part of a large bully alliance who can harass others trying to make a stand then perhaps for some it can be funny. But to play a game lasting more than 20 minutes that you know you going to lose no matter how you play is downright stupid. I could have taken the coward approach and joined a great big bully alliance but I tried to make a game of it. Unfortunately it isn't much of a game.
As for the Farmville aspect of it? well that is as tedious as watching grass grow so it is not a good game.

I just saw your warning that you eat new players. See you are all cowards in this game. You are AWFUL no gallantry and beyond help.

The game has become one big Evil Empire circle jerk.

The bullies are sending in about 6 waves now so ta ta have fun with your silly ridiculous little game.

DeletedUser

Well, I think you have really short changed a really good game. Like I said, if you send someone inexperienced against experienced players it is going to be an uneven match. There really is a reason for Beginner manuals. They teach you a lot about the game. Coming in "blind" and "expecting" to be a great warrior just isn't going to happen.

LEARNING how to play, learning how to work with a team or an alliance, learning the intricacies of the game, that is what makes you the more "experienced" players who actually has learned the different aspects of the game. That does not make you a "bully". That makes you knowledgeable and a knowledgeable foe when going up against an equally experienced and knowledgeable foe is an actual "battle".

You should realize that the US servers are new for Grepolis. Many of the US players are playing for the "first time". The EN servers have been around MUCH longer. Those of us who played the EN servers before joining the US servers are at an advantage. BUT, we have EARNED our way to where we are. We paid the price of being noobs. We read the manuals. We listened to the more experienced players. We learned the mechanics of the game. We did not do this through "osmosis". We did this through hundreds of hours of playing.

And as far as farming, we all hate it. It is necessary in the first part of the game for ALL of us, though, no matter how experienced we are. As the game progresses, you will be doing less and less farming, and will most likely end up not farming AT ALL once you get over 25 cities.

This is not a "kiddie" game. It was not set up to be that way. You don't just "hack and slash" or shoot and kill. You plan. You learn. You organize. You learn. You apply strategy. You learn. It is challenging. Have I been slaughtered in this game before? You betcha. More than once. But I LEARNED...lol. I won't ever be an easy target again. And I can now stand toe to toe with the best of them.

You get out what you put in in this game. Plain and simple. You want to play the kiddie "hack and slash" games, though, you are definitely playing the WRONG game. You want to learn how to work with a team or an alliance and figure out how to overcome strategic obstacles, then this would be the game for you.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the "big, bully alliance" that I belong to has a whopping 25 members...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.