Is it fair to say the game is dead?

Bradonthedestroyer

Philosopher
K maybe im flying a little blind here but after 5 years away i decided to come back to the most recent US server.
Not to say it isn't the same old game and that im not having fun but there are literally maaaybe 400 active players in this server.

I know the 20 person alliance cap (Now been expanded to 40, thank you) was probably a deterrent for some but overall it seems that this whole thing is at the end of its life.

The forums are long dead. I started grepo in chi, it had some of my favorite external forums, and each server after that just seemed to have less and less external activity. I used to love reading the newspapers people would build. Does anyone even make those anymore

Those annoying TV adds that drew me to the game are gone, i cant remember the last time i saw a grepolis add, there are some new players I've noticed but the majority of people here are the same old people that were around 5 years ago.

I guess my question is this. Did i just drop into a bad server - Us94, or are we seeing the end of this game

I do sure miss the days of more than a few big alliances and active entertaining forums, unfortunately at this point i don't know what could be done to revive grepolis

DeletedUser7205

The game is certainly losing players for several reasons it appears.
A) People are hyper focused in US about election
B) Global pandemic
C) Inno seems to think not having a "night bonus" is somehow good? I guess they feel it's best to have people attack your with fakes all night in Europe and other parts of the world.
D) Gold is basically free if you have any sense and understand gold trading

Unfortunately, many of us are still playing but, like you, miss the good ole days of 1500 player servers with 50 cap alliances. Seems those days are behind us.

Quasimono

Messenger
RE: Brandonthedestroyer--no. it's unfair that you say that. let me explain why your question bears no relevance to anyone.
first of all, if i'm a user of a service, should i demean and denigrate the service to myself and others?
secondly, the game has barely changed.
thirdly, players such as you make it worse.

Bradonthedestroyer

Philosopher
RE: Brandonthedestroyer--no. it's unfair that you say that. let me explain why your question bears no relevance to anyone.
first of all, if i'm a user of a service, should i demean and denigrate the service to myself and others?

Firstly - Im entitled to my opinion, im also entitled to share it. I could care less if you found it relevant. I didn't demean the service, i actually complimented the gameplay. Just pointed out some obvious flaws.
Secondly - The game it self has changed, and further than that the players have changed more so which again changes the game.
3rd - You don't know me bud, but the fact that i have been in here for close to 7 years now means im not really making it worse.
Your entitled to your opinion just like i am but in this case you dont really know what your talking about

Bradonthedestroyer

Philosopher
presume to bring a corpse back to life you may even become a hero
why is it dying maybe your seven years is up?
There are plenty of reasons why. Had you paid attention to my first post rather than felt the need to attack me you would know.
ITs not the only reason, but inno has decided to advertise FOE where they used to advertise grepo heavily.

Its not the only reason but with the lack of new players coming into the game its a big part of it

Quasimono

Messenger
Forge of Empires, I presume. Recourse to IRL advertising money of course, and we can settle out of court for the damages I pray. Some never tried the forum I bet. Some would have greater immersion with a long-dead Greek cultural milieu centered on the sea which traded not only to the east but to Africa as well, borrowing much of Ancient Egyptian religion to create it's much celebrated "Philosophy."

Quasimono

Messenger
ridiculous.
  • Achilles' Resent is the new appellation, based on a memoir I'd read by Paul Feyerabend a philosopher and scientist who wrote Against Method in 1978 or so, in which the leading chapter of this other book by Feyerabend, the memoir, he describes the impossibility of interpreting such text as the Iliad itself. this is not without some resent, nor is it without comparison, as when Achilles' stood off by the black sailed ships which carried the destiny of the Ageans--which they were known as until the Peloponesian war fought versus Persia. This war the Peloponessian war would establish the unity of the greek nation as set forth in Herodotus' the father of history.
    Now Achilles didn't fight in the battle--not at first-- because he'd been robbed of his true and rightful spoils after the last victory. "for [either Agamemnon or Menelaus] has spoken in a stunning way..." is the line I first remember from this text which I believe was called--hang on i'll get that title.
    quoteeditdelete
  • Quasimono 2020-10-25 21:36
    Of course we know the Iliad is on the seige and eternal destruction of Troy long before the Peloponesian.
    quoteeditdelete
  • Quasimono 2020-10-25 21:40
    The book is called Farewell to Reason-- Feyerabend.

Quasimono

Messenger
When you make a critical overestimation of your ability somewhere, it's known as having opinions.
When I make a misspelling of historical facticity and educate you on your error, it's known as what again?

DeletedUser9449

grepo would be fine if they would release a good settings cq world....

DeletedUser5973

Who are you? Your trash talk is about as lame as your Grepo "skills". The game has actually changed immensely since the start. Some for the good, some for the bad. Why do you want the halloween event to start so bad, it will just lead to your demise even faster

Quasimono

Messenger
Who are you? Your trash talk is about as lame as your Grepo "skills". The game has actually changed immensely since the start. Some for the good, some for the bad. Why do you want the halloween event to start so bad, it will just lead to your demise even faster

This amounts to an agreement on exactly how dead Gropelouse became, based on the title of this thread. I only came here to whine and take offense to people's lame opinions. Correct me if we don't agree how bad I suck and this thread should have a different title.

Quasimono

Messenger
While I'm here posting in the everlasting moment of the eternal (modern) return, is there any thread which details the changes our game has gone through graphically or in timeline?