Is Any City Truly Unconquerable?

DeletedUser16152

Hi all, I guess I'm really new to the game even though I've been playing for a few months now. My first city/empire of which I was so so proud recently got conquered. I refused to join a decent alliance because mine was awful because it was called SonsOfLiberty and I loved the name, even though there were no active players besides me.

The "Tower" building has got me high hopes that I can survive on my own. Is my ambition hopeless, or can I actually survive with a great defensive military and a tower?

DeletedUser16108

Hey Hennessy. Welcome! I thought the same when I first started years ago. The truth is that alliances are almost everything in this game. A good alliance can take almost any city with a good planned op. Trick is finding the right group. Also... the biggest alliances are not always the best to join. Especially early in the server. Look for an active group that is near you and not spread out all over the whole map. Good luck!

DeletedUser11320

Here's the skinny on survival: No City is unconquerable. No amount of preparation will allow you to sit and sim without worry. Alliances can't fix that either. While having good active alliance mates can save you if get in trouble, they can't help if they don't know there is trouble coming.

Survival in Grepo is all about paying attention. Monitor your attack alarm. Dodge incoming attacks to preserve your troops. Learn to spot CS attacks, and then learn to snipe them.

Develop a caffeine addiction, and buy some sunglasses to hide the bags under your eyes. Plenty of room on the rim for sleepers, LOL.

DeletedUser5524

Here's the skinny on survival: No City is unconquerable. No amount of preparation will allow you to sit and sim without worry. Alliances can't fix that either. While having good active alliance mates can save you if get in trouble, they can't help if they don't know there is trouble coming.

Survival in Grepo is all about paying attention. Monitor your attack alarm. Dodge incoming attacks to preserve your troops. Learn to spot CS attacks, and then learn to snipe them.

Develop a caffeine addiction, and buy some sunglasses to hide the bags under your eyes. Plenty of room on the rim for sleepers, LOL.
How about a one city player on a morale world who has 10k birs and 50k DLU with a 25 wall? :p

DeletedUser11320

How you're gonna get one city to make 10k biremes and 50k DLU escapes me. If you are in an alliance willing to invest that in someone making a 15k point contribution.... well, they won't be around long, either.

DeletedUser5524

How you're gonna get one city to make 10k biremes and 50k DLU escapes me. If you are in an alliance willing to invest that in someone making a 15k point contribution.... well, they won't be around long, either.
This man doesn't know how alliance team work and LMDs work clearly :p

This was also hypothetical

DeletedUser15919

Any city can be conquered - I happily taught that lesson to Bartender on the morale world Nicea. Also taught it to Turrel, Brownd, PentakillGG, Alexandre Fernandes, Game Error, Aviatorpolo, Masterlocke (we are all dishonorable in his eyes if we attack him at any time), lethalsniper, PROTOKER, General Lazar, stifen, Heerkens. you win & lose cities all the time. What matters is that you CAN take any city with proper prep.

DeletedUser5524

Any city can be conquered - I happily taught that lesson to Bartender on the morale world Nicea. Also taught it to Turrel, Brownd, PentakillGG, Alexandre Fernandes, Game Error, Aviatorpolo, Masterlocke (we are all dishonorable in his eyes if we attack him at any time), lethalsniper, PROTOKER, General Lazar, stifen, Heerkens. you win & lose cities all the time. What matters is that you CAN take any city with proper prep.
Yall still lost though

DeletedUser15919

Yall still lost though

Lost is a matter of definition. Prevented from 7/7 yes. Prevented them from 7/7 yes. Was perhaps one of best servers I have played upon (best neing in EN) until the 2nd year of ww's & the ending when "The 2nd Great Screwing" occurred. Also not the point of the thread.

Any city can be taken & it DID occur to known good & strong players. No one is invincible. All you need is time & persistence.

BTW - What is a Zeeker? Don't recall that name EVER being known for doing anything but run it's mouth...

DeletedUser5524

Lost is a matter of definition. Prevented from 7/7 yes. Prevented them from 7/7 yes. Was perhaps one of best servers I have played upon (best neing in EN) until the 2nd year of ww's & the ending when "The 2nd Great Screwing" occurred. Also not the point of the thread.

Any city can be taken & it DID occur to known good & strong players. No one is invincible. All you need is time & persistence.

BTW - What is a Zeeker? Don't recall that name EVER being known for doing anything but run it's mouth...
What is a Char Aznable, didn't know you existed until I saw this thread