Inventory Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

This thread is for discussing the upcoming Inventory feature. Please keep all feedback constructive and civil.

DeletedUser13

As I said before I think Inventory is gonna make Grepolis like FarmVille! :D

DeletedUser2039

Hahahaha^^^ I never thought of that, but holy flashback to when everyone played it for about a week

DeletedUser

I certainly enjoy this game, but what I don't enjoy when the game becomes a "buy or die". Introducing gold upgrades makes it mandatory to "buy or die" if you wish to compete at the highest level. I don't mind paying $14.99 to play online games. However, if the cost exceeds that major animation upgrades, customer service hotlines, and all else that goes with pay'n'play games. Simply Implementing new gold only upgrades is making me reconsider playing.

DeletedUser

Hmmm, wonder if we will be able to 'cast' spells into them slots using favor. Nice for storing up some specialized spells...

DeletedUser

I certainly enjoy this game, but what I don't enjoy when the game becomes a "buy or die". Introducing gold upgrades makes it mandatory to "buy or die" if you wish to compete at the highest level. I don't mind paying $14.99 to play online games. However, if the cost exceeds that major animation upgrades, customer service hotlines, and all else that goes with pay'n'play games. Simply Implementing new gold only upgrades is making me reconsider playing.

I totally agree with this post!! I love this game but if thats the agenda I might have to reconsider continuing to play this game as well!!!

DeletedUser

Is there anyway today I can use my inventory? I know the easter event will give us stuff but other then special events how do we get stuff in there?

DeletedUser

Yeah, it is not fair that the players who have jobs and money are able to dominate because they can buy all of the gold they want and beat the players who struggle financially. If players are allowed to use gold to have an advantage than the +/- 30 seconds attack/defense delay that grepolis uses to make the game fair should not be used anymore as well. Money doesn't grow on trees.

DeletedUser

For the amount of time I spend playing this game, I think that $10-$20 per week is cheap entertainment.

Anyway, why shouldn't paying members get some advantages to make life easier ? It's the paying members that keep the doors open... Servers aren't free, bandwidth is not free and staff aren't free.

DeletedUser2039

For the amount of time I spend playing this game, I think that $10-$20 per week is cheap entertainment.

Anyway, why shouldn't paying members get some advantages to make life easier ? It's the paying members that keep the doors open... Servers aren't free, bandwidth is not free and staff aren't free.
You are part of the few that can enjoy the luxuries to make your life easier. Of coarse you think it is fair. It is all about point of view.

DeletedUser1162

From the wiki it says
*Note: You may store more then 1 of the same item.

It should say "than", not "then" ... but what I inferred from that comment is that same items stacked in the same slot.
That is not the case - I would like to see like items stacked in the same slot.

DeletedUser

You are part of the few that can enjoy the luxuries to make your life easier. Of coarse you think it is fair. It is all about point of view.

I am not part of the few that can enjoy the luxuries. I am part of the few, who are good at budgeting their money.
Apart from kids who play the game, I suspect that most people here could afford $10 a week if they really wanted to.
Just depends on if you want to give up soda, or maybe cigarettes, or perhaps alcohol :)

Personally I choose to cut down on some other luxuries in order to pay for the game.

DeletedUser

From the wiki it says

It should say "than", not "then" ... but what I inferred from that comment is that same items stacked in the same slot.
That is not the case - I would like to see like items stacked in the same slot.

Post edits for the wiki in the wiki thread here.

That comment was fairly clear... At no point was it said that you could stack items. You can store more that one of the same item in the inventory, that is true... But if you store 2 'heightened senses', it will take 2 slots.

I will edit to make it even more clear.

DeletedUser2039

I am not part of the few that can enjoy the luxuries. I am part of the few, who are good at budgeting their money.
Apart from kids who play the game, I suspect that most people here could afford $10 a week if they really wanted to.
Just depends on if you want to give up soda, or maybe cigarettes, or perhaps alcohol :)

Personally I choose to cut down on some other luxuries in order to pay for the game.

I can see your budget point. Point taken.

DeletedUser

Budget point understood. But if you have the luxury to buy gold and be ahead of many grepolis players shouldnt you be allowed to time your attack and support without having the +/- 30 seconds differential. I have spoken to a Grepolis Mod and they said the reason they do the +/- 30 Sec. time displacement is because they want to make the game fair, so that people with fast computers don't have any advantage from people with slow computers. Well is't the situation with buying gold the same thing. People with money will have and advantage with people without money. My dad works his butt off to pay for food and electric and barely has money left over to pay for other things. And trust me, he's on the tightest budget.

DeletedUser

Someone made a fairly good point over on .EN about this...

Gold does, in many ways, balance the game.
People tend to either have money or time.

If you have time (like many school kids do) then you can do 5 minute farming, can dodge attacks and should do well.
If you have money (and so probably have a job that keeps you busy) you most likely won't have time. The gold that you can buy gives you some advantages that mean you don't need to be as active.

(Just an interesting point IMO)

DeletedUser308

Yeah but then theres the people that have time and gold. Which is a lot more people than you'd think.