In Defense of Simmers

DeletedUser2725

I've heard a lot of trash talk about simmers, and the artificially constructed warrior/simmer dichotomy that values warriors more highly than simmers. I think it's time to speak out in defense of simmers. Warriors, who do you think builds all of those cities you have the opportunity to conquer? If it weren't for simmers devoting endless hours of farming and building, and not working on strategy and tactics, there wouldn't be the surplus cities to feed your insatiable desire for conquest. That being said, i know that many a warrior also sets up colonies, and builds up small cities, so they have some understanding of the work involved to be a simmer. So I ask you, Warriors, the next time you decide to trash a simmer, think of it as biting the hand that feeds you.

Respectfully,

dasajocu

DeletedUser7284

The big cities that simmers build need to be taken apart, have research reset etc. Not worth the trouble really. I would rather get my butt kicked trying to take a small city from a warrior than take vanity point candy from a simmer. Just sayin

DeletedUser

I have only built 1 city in this server.. The rest have been taken from the enemy. I guess I'm a simmer though.. I do keep my city size around 10-11k.

DeletedUser

I wish I was better at simming - I hate building cites and when i look at my cities I think damn they suck - much easier for me to build troops.

I have only built 1 city in this server.. The rest have been taken from the enemy. I guess I'm a simmer though.. I do keep my city size around 10-11k.

I dont think there is anything wrong with 10-11 k cites - I have some (to lazy to tear them down) and i have some 8 to 9 i think it is just a matter of personal prefrence and location.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The problem is defining 'simmer'. From what I'm reading here its used as a slur against anyone who's playing style you don't agree with. For example 'Oh he's got maxed out cities, he's a simmer' or 'He gets CP from City Festivals, he's a simmer'. Sorry but that sounds like personal attack against a playing style, get over yourself!

Ironically some of the comments admit to 'Simmer's' superior strategy while decrying the methods. Really!? You're going to admit to getting your butt kicked and continue to assert your strategy is somehow better because its more honorable? Well if that makes you feel better great! I'm going to keep apply my size 10 steel toes to your backside!

Personal I don't judge players by how they build their cities, invest research points or gain cultural points. You're only true value is how well you communicate/work/participate with your alliance and its allies. That is the only thing that matters in my honest opinion!