Idea for purchasable items

Noncryptic

Newcomer
Hi,

I have recently started playing and notice some things this game is missing that many other games take advantage of:

People like to distinguish themselves from others
People like to have peace-of-mind

How? Well, many games allow people to purchase customizations such as custom-looking units or bases.

People also like to sleep knowing they won't be attacked in the middle of the night (day if you're a night-owl), or if someone has to go into work. While the vacation feature helps for long-term breaks; there is no protection for short-term.

As a suggestion to the Inno dev team, would you consider adding such things?

Cosmetics:
(Examples: Different castle skins, profile themes/colors, Custom message themes(Person 1's sent messages will have their personalized theme in their sections of the message), Custom aura around their cities)

Items:
(Examples: Temporary shields, Ability to do an "announcement" so all players in your Ocean can see it, Purchasable emojis?)

All feedback/input is welcomed, I know there is a social stigma about heavy gold users so I am trying to think of some profitable ideas in which Inno can implement to be able to generate income yet affect the gameplay in minimal ways in terms of F2P vs P2P. :)

Hi,

I have recently started playing and notice some things this game is missing that many other games take advantage of:

People like to distinguish themselves from others
People like to have peace-of-mind

How? Well, many games allow people to purchase customizations such as custom-looking units or bases.

People also like to sleep knowing they won't be attacked in the middle of the night (day if you're a night-owl), or if someone has to go into work. While the vacation feature helps for long-term breaks; there is no protection for short-term.

As a suggestion to the Inno dev team, would you consider adding such things?

Cosmetics:
(Examples: Different castle skins, profile themes/colors, Custom message themes(Person 1's sent messages will have their personalized theme in their sections of the message), Custom aura around their cities)

Items:
(Examples: Temporary shields, Ability to do an "announcement" so all players in your Ocean can see it, Purchasable emojis?)

All feedback/input is welcomed, I know there is a social stigma about heavy gold users so I am trying to think of some profitable ideas in which Inno can implement to be able to generate income yet affect the gameplay in minimal ways in terms of F2P vs P2P. :)
Actually the idea of purchasing your own skins and maybe city looks and whatnot is actually really cool, I disagree with the shields however, NB is good enough for preventing night attacks

Brajanz0r

Artisan
First of all - I do appreciate your enthusiasm and ideas! In some way they might be adaptable for Grepolis, however here are the things I would personally "mind" after playing for several years.

Profile customization already exists in a way that worked out over the years, at least the "uneditable" part. You can get crowns and swords if you win the world (WW or domination) and you already have Grepolis score so everyone can see your level of experience. Luckily this is not editable so if you see a person with over 400k grepo points and without any crown or sword - you might wanna skip that one when recruiting, because something might be wrong with them (bad teammates, slackers, simmers, rage quitters etc.)
You can customize your photo, custom text and add your trophies and awards to your profile so everyone could see it.

I would personally hate to see some flashy profile customization that would make a huge difference between other profiles (strong colors, MOTD, etc.) and there's no chance I'd buy an aura or color for my cities, heck I'm not even buying starter packs. My gold goes only for walls, advisors and events, 95% of the time.

Custom-looking units? You might be on to something here. Throwing in some rare tokens while attacking/defending might be a game changer. Lets say you send out your manti nuke and it gets wasted. As luck would have it, you get a full manti token in your report. This wouldn't be hard to set up, all you have to do is to connect luck which is already working perfectly (against me) and if you score like 30% which is ULTRA rare, you can get an ultra rare item.

Attackers would go frenzy if they could get those tokens, it would be a 24hr BP party.

As for this - this is a war game, therefore if you can't keep up with everything around you, you might wanna rethink your strategy or maybe choose another non-aggressive game. Vacation does help you but you probably have noticed that the system puts you in safe waters 48 hours after clicking on it. This still means you can lose your troops and cities. You have to think strategically so you won't be caught off-guard. If your cities are in enemy frontlines you have to put DLU in there or LTS. You might get revolted eventually but still you made it pretty hard for your enemies.

No one would accept short-term protection and this possibility could drive off a major audience in this game. I know I wouldn't personally. I love DBP and there are fully defensive players that lives for DBP, they would protest against this thing.

Again - your enthusiasm is great and I love the fact that you want to contribute, this way combining enthusiasm and experience we can get somewhere lol. I think this idea with tokens on 30% luck would be a killer.

Noncryptic

Newcomer
Wow, that is some great constructive criticism!

I understand how you could've taken what I said about profile customizations to that extreme, but I wouldn't like the idea of being able to edit your own scores or making it too flashy either - Keeping it with a Greco-roman theme would be very appealing.
My idea was more or less the ability to change the background(Indicated by red lines) and the color(s) of the flag.* (Maybe custom images, but they'd have to be moderated, or more preferably a selection of pre-approved themes or colors.) *Refer to image below.

Of course, these items would exist for the sole purpose of helping to support this community. Maybe it could be possible to buy these using gold coins acquired through the market as opposed to real money?

After hearing about your POV on temporary protection perks, I can see why there would be an argument with that idea. I do see a part of this game unique and that is the ability to attack whomever you want on a whim, be it a seasoned veteran or a noob; however, I still think that, for noobs at the least (with minimal cities,) there should be some type of assurance, safety net, or compensation in case they are attacked and suffer major losses. Vets can develop a lot faster than noobs, leaving noobs at a disadvantage so ridiculously overpowered that it could be discouraging for them to continue.

I'm not one to get discouraged easily because I love to be positive, but I'll use one of my personal experiences as an example.
My first city had just gotten about 6k in power, and I had branched out to another island for a second city and my first city was under threat of a siege by someone with x10 more troops than I had in that moment.

You can see why this would be discouraging, facing off against someone overwhelmingly more powerful than you. This might be one factor towards a declining community, but I can't say for sure.

As for the custom-looking units/Special token system, I love what you threw in there and you made my idea sound even more amazing. People love rewards. "Gotta catch'em all," am I right? ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 6

Golden Horn

Newcomer
Buying & Trading Favour

It might add to the Game experience if Temple Favour could be traded on the Market Place either for Wood/Stone/Silver/Gold or maybe on a separate Tab where it could be swopped between the different Gods

Last edited:
Trading for resources would be faaaaaar too powerful. Oh you're sending a CS at me? Let me trade tons of resources/gold so I can seastorm you 40 times in quick succession and kill all the LS. As for trading favor, that could still be used to just hide favor for gods by making trades that no one could accept anyways, allowing you to no longer be favor farmed or have access to far more spells like seastorm than you should be able to.

DeletedUser16648

Trading for resources would be faaaaaar too powerful. Oh you're sending a CS at me? Let me trade tons of resources/gold so I can seastorm you 40 times in quick succession and kill all the LS. As for trading favor, that could still be used to just hide favor for gods by making trades that no one could accept anyways, allowing you to no longer be favor farmed or have access to far more spells like seastorm than you should be able to.
I'm thinking you can only sea storm once every 2 hours