How would the Hive respond?

DeletedUser

Lol this is a joke right? What is your perspective really? Have you checked any of the past conquests? AM/DM has taken an additional 10+ cities from SO/AR/Trinity/Havoc over the last 4 days.. That is also while losing none. You need to try harder.

Oliver,

As bright and as astute you are, I would have thought reading was one of your primary skills. I did mention from my perspective and as we all know perspective is reality. I agree that my perspective may be flawed, but the view from the cheap seats is not always the best. As one of the smaller alliances my perspective on how this war is being played out will be summarily much different than yours

DeletedUser6798

Ekballo, I did read what you wrote. That is exactly why I asked what your perspective was. The point I am trying to make is that what basis of knowledge do you have on the situation to make the statements you made. I am a little intrigued as to what caused you to make these statements. Also, how much does perspective really matter when the cities an alliance takes is public information that an be found on grepointel and grepostats?

DeletedUser

Ekballo, I did read what you wrote. That is exactly why I asked what your perspective was. The point I am trying to make is that what basis of knowledge do you have on the situation to make the statements you made. I am a little intrigued as to what caused you to make these statements. Also, how much does perspective really matter when the cities an alliance takes is public information that an be found on grepointel and grepostats?

My perspective Oliver, comes from a blatant attack from a member of DM who is 4 times my size. If this war is confined to those alliances initially laid out from the original war posting, then there should have been zero need to prey on those not associated with either faction. I also find it unique that not to long ago you were extremely welcoming of me being a new player, and instead of offering me any sort of helpful advice you felt it necessary to publically ridicule me for a post. If this is the sort of treatment one should expect, then it is extremely clear to me why certain individuals mentioned previously are not openly posting in this forum.

DeletedUser

You're right Ekballo, this is not how the Hive would respond. But the bee has fallen mightily, along with peeps like Oliver. All their pretty statistics that once showed how the Hive did thrive. These stats failed to keep the Hive alive. And now history views such stats about the Hive as just a lot of ... 'jive'.

Lesson learnt: Although linear regression is useful, and the past can be used to predict the future, beware of multivariate systems. And what are the many variables added into the Upsilon soup: the diplomatic finesse of Foos, the diplomatic duplicity of Antimatter (that creates more enemies - like yourself- than friends), the mobilization of the Black Havoc war machine, the near death and resurrection of the mighty King Chaz, the manic fervor of Special Ops and the combined might of the Alliances that Matter.

All these extra variables undermine the simplistic linear regression of Oliver et al. who say "we earned x amount of points and took y amount of cities last week; ergo, we shall make x(1 + rate of growth) points and y(1+rate of growth) cities the week thereafter.

So EKballo, I invite you to join the band of brothers, the Alliances that Matter. PM GaryDam our leader & renowned diplomat for further details.

Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Virginia's Revolutionary Motto)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6798

ximikos, do you believe half of the stuff you spew? You do realize that most references you bring up are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, right?

DeletedUser

ximikos, do you believe half of the stuff you spew? You do realize that most references you bring up are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, right?

Given your love for statistics, I am gonna assume maybe a modicum of math knowledge in you. So here goes:

When you claim you have statistics on your side, you're like the gambler at the horse track who always bets on the horse gated on the inside. All things being equal, ceteris paribus, these aren't bad bets, but too many variables intercede to make betting on the 'first out of the gate' or 'first to score' or 'best seeded' a successful strategy.

In math terms, you and your stats center around a change in city number or change in points with respect to time. Let's mathematically term that dC/dt (change in city number with respect to time) and dP/dt (change in points with respect to time).

If we term time (t) Foos (F) , Antimatter (A), Havoc (H), Trintiy (T), Ximikos (X), etc... the ensuing multivariate system would look like this using the following mathematical differential equation: dC/(dt dF dA dH dT dX).

Ergo, your simplistic manipulation of stats moving over time does not take into consideration the other variables. This is why to this day that you stare in the mirror miffed that the Hive collapsed like Tokyo highrise buildings under the feet of Godzilla in spite of your precious statistics dictating otherwise. Newsflash Oliver: the world is not so simple, and it isn't as flat as the makers of Grepolis may lead you to believe.

godzilla-face-23.jpg

"History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of men, Godzilla!" (Blue Oyster Cult)

DeletedUser6798

ximikos believe me I understand what you are saying and it is probably top 5 most thoughtful responses I have seen in this forum, but in reality it is all for not.

You make the assumption that I use statistics to predict an outcome in the future. While that is the obvious nature of a sink/swim post, predicting the future, obviously statistics are only a single variable in that prediction regardless of weight. I choose to weigh them more heavily than many others in these externals, but it does not mean that they are the only variable I consider. (even though it may be the safest bet) And it is my opinion so I can weigh variables how I please :p

That being said, my sink/swim predictions are not the only place where I bring in statistics. For example when I bring up the score of 34-20(probably closer to 50 now.. i need to update) That statistic provides an accurate historical reference to what has occurred up until this point. I use statistics in this manner to disprove claims that other alliances are having better success against us than we are against them. It does not mean I am saying we will win the war because as you mentioned, there are other variables that will more than likely play a strong role in determining the outcome. But these do paint a more accurate picture of the current state of the war than just baseless comments.

Another reason I favor statistics the way I do is because they can be manipulated. And for the purposes of the externals, that is the fun part. 8)

DeletedUser

So EKballo, I invite you to join the band of brothers, the Alliances that Matter. PM GaryDam our leader & renowned diplomat for further details.

Thank you Ximikos....I believe I will.

DeletedUser

a.) ximikos believe me I understand what you are saying and it is probably top 5 most thoughtful responses I have seen in this forum...

b.) And it is my opinion so I can weigh variables how I please :p

c.) Another reason I favor statistics the way I do is because they can be manipulated. And for the purposes of the externals, that is the fun part. 8)

And an excellent response right back at ya. So now we both know. And what is it we now know?

Now you know that (a) I know that (b)you know that (c)we both know the verity of Mark Twain's assertion that there are damn lies and there are statistics. I fully agree that it is fun for some to massage the numbers so as to control the narrative, but of course I'd never do that (blush, blush, wink).thisisgrepolis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this time I feel the server needs to receive some new insights from a more sublime form of gathering knowledge, a knowledge which requires no experience, no knowledge of statistics, rather a knowledge that is mystically acquired. I feel a new oracular vision coming on for the month of May, so I shall abandon this thread and make the Holy Pilgrimage to the Oracle of Upsilon. May the Oracle's words forever enlighten us.

DeletedUser6798

That is fair. I look forward to how the Oracle goes 1-for-4 again.... (oops another statistic) o.o

DeletedUser

lol Looking at Ximi's post, can anyone take a wild guess on what field his profession might be in...My brain got an erection reading that...

DeletedUser

lol Looking at Ximi's post, can anyone take a wild guess on what field his profession might be in...My brain got an erection reading that...
Rumour has it he's a renowned Indian Sadhu from the upper reaches of the Himalayas, known locally as Baba Ximikos, I'm sure the great one won't mind me posting his last profile pic.

Boom Shiva
Baba Ximikos.jpg

Attachments

• Baba Ximikos.JPG
    Baba Ximikos.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 85
  • Baba Ximikos.jpg
    Baba Ximikos.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 92

DeletedUser

Lmao Cerulias speaks when Cerulias wants to speak but Elder Scrolls Online came out and my attention is more focused on that than saying useless words back and forth =P.

Enough talking, how about we just let our actions do the talking since words are cheap and if I have to hear the same argument one more time, I'm going to shoot somebody lol.
Oh great, now I'm going to have to go find Cerulias over in ESO.

DeletedUser

Do it! I love having friends to play, you play on the US Server? Ebonheart faction? Sadly, thanks to Eta, I haven't been able to play as much as I would like >_<

DeletedUser

Of course Ebonheart, wouldn't be anything else other than a Dark Elf.

DeletedUser

The Hive would respond by having me be khajit, nightblade, ebonheart faction...lol To make it relevant...