How many troops should I really have ?

DeletedUser

recommended amount of defensive troops

:)

So i imagine this could be a matter of oppinion so I am here seeking advice. Now I have a decent sized main city, a smaller second city and just started a revolt for a third. I would like to make my main city a defensive city (even though i read somewhere that its better to have your second city a defensive one)

anyway my question is what is the recommended formula for defensive troops ?

say 300 swords 200 archers 70 bireme ? That is my goal but if I am wrong with this assumption can someone enlighten me.

And after I accomplish this should I keep going or is there a definite solid amount that should be obtained ?

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10179

That seems like a decent amount, I am not sure at what stage you are at in whatever world you are own but that seems like a fair amount to have if you are at a lower level (like a 3-5k city) if it is a higher level city then maybe 1k DLU and 150 Birs

DeletedUser

yeah about 5k pointed city. I will shoot for 1k DLU and 150 birs then. I rather be safe than sorry with my main city

DeletedUser4951

If this is a revolt world, then you should gear your first city towards offense. Since you won't yet have any real LS nuke towns or ALU towns. Having 1k DLU and 150 birms would make your city completely defensive.