how does bp distribution work?

DeletedUser7578

I'm defending a player city.

The same one regularly actually.

Tell me how 9 hydras get killed and I get 240 bp. Are you trying to tell me they only killed 24 LS?

Same a while back, 300 bir die and I get 580 bp. Uh, no?

DeletedUser

There are two types of battle points: Offensive Battle Points (gained while attacking) and Defensive battle points (gained while defending). Both are calculated slightly different.

Offensive Battle Points: These are calculated by how many units you kill. How many units you kill is determined based on how many units you are fighting with and also how many units there are defending against your attack. You must also take into consideration luck, morale, wall, and other bonuses. For more info on Morale see Grepo Wiki: Morale

Defensive Battle System: This is also calculated by how many offensive units you kill, however there is a pretty major caviot. All the defensive battle points are shared with everyone supporting against that attack. So if you have a lot of players supporting and kill a bunch of units you do not receive all the BPs for that kill.

With that being said, if you still believe there is a mistake your best bet is to write a support ticket and we will be able to look at the BP allowance for your account. If you have any other questions about the battle system feel free to ask here or read our wiki on the battle system.

DeletedUser7578

so you are saying that if my defensive ships, being bir, tri, or hydras; that if they take the full brunt of an LS/tri/hydra attack, that the points will still be evenly distributed to between myself and the other players that only have 20,000 lands troops in the city?

if so i will only be supporting with defensive land units in the future lol. that isn't fair in the slightest bit. I lose 2000 population and get 300 bp for it. Whereas that attacker, who did just as much work, gets 2000, and the players with land units that did 0 work get 1700.

naw.

DeletedUser298

DLU are the best in the game, unless you have a GIGANTIC bir wall ie 8k+ birs, 20k dlu is really good rates with a level 25 wall and tower, and will most likely hold the city without the needs of birs.

DeletedUser5423

I guess it depends on do you actually like your alliance and do you want to be a team player. If so, you can send naval support, and then not whine when you don't get as much bp as you wish. On the other hand, you can decide that your alliance isn't important, and you would rather be selfish, and that your own bp is more important than the success of the alliance as a whole. In that case, don't send naval support. It's up to you.

DeletedUser7578

I guess it depends on do you actually like your alliance and do you want to be a team player. If so, you can send naval support, and then not whine when you don't get as much bp as you wish. On the other hand, you can decide that your alliance isn't important, and you would rather be selfish, and that your own bp is more important than the success of the alliance as a whole. In that case, don't send naval support. It's up to you.

or, i could be a "team player" like everyone else, and only send DLU, that way everyone gets hit just as badly. either way a CS doesn't get through to an allied city.

save the birs for your own sieges i suppose

DeletedUser

Perhaps the best answer is to find out what is being sent and send those types of units so there is a bigger ratio for a player to fight against. If everyone is sending birs send birs, if everyone is sending DLU send DLU. Just a suggestion :D

DeletedUser8647

If you are looking for naval DBP use fire ships. They take forever but will wilt LS nukes and you always get more BP then the attacker does. If there are birs in the port then the birs go first and your FS take out whatever LS are left on a 1:1 ratio and FS take less free pop and far less res to build. You also get the free DBP for every ls taken out by your buddy's birs :). They take time to get there but are sweet for DBP.

If your intent is to save cities you need to snipe with your birs or DLU stack behind the walls. Birs are way too precious to be sent for LTS. If you are supporting the same friendly city that is getting constant attacks, DLU stack with the wall bonus and keep sending FS as they are built; the attacker will stop attacking or you will get a bunch of slots.

DeletedUser298

Fire ships have one of the fastest if not the fastest naval ship building time in the game. Just one of the slowest travel times in the game ;-)

DeletedUser7578

Fire ships never even crossed my mind. I'd still lose my BP share to friendly DLU in the city if my ships are the last ones standing though. DLU would serve the same purpose with a faster TT, though I guess we would not kill off their nukes.

I'm under the impression that they don't stop a CS. And they can't support a siege either because they're the last to die. Like the only thing they're good for is killing off nukes.

I've really only encountered them em masse once in this world... when I kept blasting someone's trireme factory, then they switched to fireships. It worked - I left them alone lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fireships suck. If you want a 1:1 ratio of a defensive ship and LS: Build more biremes. You get a bonus for having more of a certain kind of ship against the attacker. Run 2k biremes vs. 2k LS spread out over 8 attacks (so 250 LS nukes in one attack) in the sim. You kill all the LS and have 22 biremes left over, depending on luck. Almost the same ratio as Fireships, but you can actually support with biremes and have a chance at getting there in time. The ratio only improves for you as you go up in the numbers of biremes, try 3k biremes vs. 3k LS in the same way, and up and up and up.

The only advantage fireships have over biremes is the fact that luck doesn't effect fireships, you constantly get a 1:1 ratio. But when you have enough biremes, even that doesn't matter.

DeletedUser

I'll give you the last part, they're good at being slow.

They're horrible for support. They're way too slow, plus why would you send 1k fireships to a city with 1k biremes in it when you could send another 1k biremes?

If fireships died before biremes, they'd be a lot better. But they don't, so a Colony Ship can still land and take the city, regardless of how many fireships are there. Not foolproof.

And let's not forget, fireships don't kill transports, so they don't get all that juicy troop BP, while biremes? They get to slaughter all those troops, gaining you thousands more BP than fireships ever could. FS kill Light Ship nukes at a 1:1 ratio, sure. Want the same effect from biremes? Make a bigger bireme wall, and then you can kill troops and CSs too.

DeletedUser

I could give you situations that don't involve colony ships or transports. But how often does that happen? When you attack a city with just navy, it's almost always because you're trying to kill a Light Ship nuke, or triremes or a Colony Ship. That means you have a spy on it or a defense report from it attacking you to know what's there, and since fireships die last and not first they don't even protect those LS nukes, otherwise I would have them in every single one of my LS nuke cities.

I shouldn't say fireships suck. They're cheap and have fast build times, perfect for when you're in desperate need of some ships... but the best defensive ship? Not even close to being on the same level as biremes, and if they aren't the best for the pop I say don't build them.

DeletedUser7578

(fireships suck.)

how many times have you had to say, "sorry bro, can't get there in time" with bir? it's 3x as likely that you'd be out of range with fire ships.

we got off topic here but that's expected lol. yes, I can send MORE ships to get a better bp ratio. doesn't change the fact that the people supporting with bir are getting their bp hijacked by the people supporting with dlu, and they end up spending 150,000 resources per culture point.

lesson learned. stack the DLU, snipe with bir if you can.