How do I take over a city?????

DeletedUser

I have attacked 3 cities and all I got was lost men and about 100 resource but I did not own the city. Why????? Is there something I need to be doing?????

DeletedUser

Hello,

To conquer cities, you must make revolts, and after send the Colony Ships (CS)!

All informations are here.

DeletedUser

Alpha settings are in a couple of places, but...

Created: June 19, 2012
Settings: Speed - 2; Alliance Limit - 100; Beginners Protection - 5 days; Revolt; Morale

Alpha on .EN may have been Conquest which is likely what they were referring to.

DeletedUser

Ah, Thank you Daedalus The Speedy

Quick as every with the information we need.

DeletedUser

Yes Daedalus is right, sorry should've mentioned. The thread has been locked or else I would've got it and slightly edited it.

DeletedUser

so we are on a revolt but no conquest? or conquest but no revolt? im a little confused i can research conquest but i have no revolt shown that i can research

DeletedUser

so we are on a revolt but no conquest? or conquest but no revolt? im a little confused i can research conquest but i have no revolt shown that i can research

This is a Revolt world. What this means is you must Revolt a city first
after 12 hours of revolt you can do Conquest to the City
The City must stay in your control another 12 before you have actually Captured it.

The Basic sequence of events are these:
You must Research: Colony Ship and Conquest

when you have those
1 - send a Task Force to Revolt the City (select Revolt instead of Attack)
2 - Send a CS Task Force to Conquer the city (you must select Attack)
--- The CS Task Force must arrive Not Earlier than +01 seconds after the Revolt is started.
---- It is recommended that the CS Task Force should arrive no earlier than +10 seconds after your revolt (at least till you become more experienced).
---- You have to Hold the city with your task force for another 12:00:00 before it is really your.

That is a very basic overview of conquering a city in US1-Alpha

A lot more detailed information can be found in the Guides.

Note: Zenima (or you other experts) - Have I gotten this basically correct

Edited for corrections -- (grasshopper bows to Master) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thanks for your response. i understand how to do it my main thing is though is that i have no revolt showing that i can research i only have conquest. how am i supposed to start revolts when im not able to research it?

DeletedUser

There is no such research called Revolt, though there is one called Conquest, which is what you need to research, along with Colony Ship. Otherwise, it's basically as Night Watch said, except he tacked on what you have to do in Beta for some reason. I
n Revolt worlds, you do not have to hold the city for x hours before it's truly yours, once the CS lands (after a 12 hour gap between the revolt attack and the CS attack), it's yours.

In Conquest worlds, you do not have to wait 12 hours to send the CS, but you must hold the city against attacks without losing all of either your land troops or naval ships for x hours.