Honor, Integrity and Cheating Within the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It is not uncommon for a player to send an attack, see that it will not land when they want, cancel the attack and send again. They can do this as often as they like until they get a time they like. This is not cheating.

DeletedUser

Hi,

Daedalus I believe what my alliance mate (death4u) was referring to, was a group of battle reports I forwarded to him a few days ago.

According to the person who sent them to me, it was not one attack that landed 1 second before the cs, but 30 attacks that landed 1-3 seconds before a single cs. Then if I remember correctly, 2,500 Briremes and several thousand defensive ground troops all landed 1-3 seconds behind the cs, in different waves of course.

I can't verify this information because I was not attacked and reports only show down to the minute. But I did see the reports the day of the attack.

If you would like, I can get you in contact with the source of this information, so you can verify for all of us. I could also forward you the reports themselves. They have all recently expired, I don't know if that makes them useless to you or not.

-Tex

DeletedUser

While I will not (nor is it legal to) discuss specifics of investigations, what you are describing is legally possible by having players send and cancel attacks until you get them in the right time frame. This takes dedication and coordination. If players have specific questions, please submit a support ticket and if I can answer them I will, but the forums are not the right place for this type of discussion. General questions are welcome here and I will address them.

DeletedUser

Sorry I have not kept up with thread. And I cant read all the post because my eyes begin to hurt.
But Honesty And Integrity lol.It used to be that a gun in war was a cowards weapon.Used by generals
who wernt honest and had no integrity.Look at war today.
It used to be that if you didnt charge they cannons straite on in they field of battle you were a coward.Yet today in war people flank each other all the time.Honor And Integrity are restraints that could cost you the war.But I guess when your family gets inslaved in communism and forced to hard labor atleast you can sleep with a clear conscience.
Honor and Integrity are a feint and an illusion. Try words like winning and success.Because at they end of they day those are they only values that really matter

DeletedUser

I fail to see how it is possible that anyone would know if it was done that way on the first try. If a player hits send, then cancel, that is done in less than a second.

DeletedUser

Forgive me, Daedalus. I deleted my post due to thinking it dealt too much with things on the support tickets I've sent you. But yes, it is possible. Any attack sent to a city gets an icon that drops down saying an attack was launched. This is even if the attack was cancelled. That icon drops the moment the attack is first sent. If it's recalled, you can hover over the attack icon to see who sent, but not immediately to which city. This happens as well when an attack is sent at first before Hades Helmut is invoked. So you can see if attacks are sent and recalled.

I only know this because it's happened several times to me when under attack, by the way. You can always tell when someone is recalling to resend/invoke Hades Helmut. At least if you are online during the time the attack(s) are sent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser575

Yes, I can cancel and resend, but there is still a randomness to it and the window of opportunity to send in a time frame for a successful landing time is very small so even with my troop movement overview open to quickly cancel and several attack/support windows open with troop numbers pre-filled I am still subject to the randomness of the anti timer and can only attempt to send so many times and therefor many of my attacks/support will land well outside of a five second window no matter how much I try to recall and resend. Am I really to believe that while everyone else is subject to this randomness that one specific set of enemies is so talented and lucky that they can consistently land their attacks and support from every city in less than a 3 second window? Common man.

DeletedUser

This thread has degraded into specific of cheating discussion which is not allowed. I am happy to personally discuss any concerns any player has via in game ticket. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.