Harbor Checks

DeletedUser

Why is it when troops attack from same island or mythical attacks land they get a harbor check but when a sea attack hits they don't get a city check. It should be that if you attack from the same island and all your troops die you should not get a harbor check I mean if they all die who brings the numbers back. I love playing this game and it is only a suggestion but I think it would be more fun this way. To not get the harbor report until some troops return with it. Thanks for your time and enjoying myself.

DeletedUser

You get the harbor check because logically your people would be able to see and "report" back to you what they saw on the way into the city. aka the harbor. However you do not get a city check because everyone drowns and dies when the fleet is decimated in the ocean. That is the best way I can find to justify it anyway.

DeletedUser8043

The real question should be: Why are harbor checks even allowed? It has to be the dumbest, cheapest, lamest method of 'spying' in the game. Quit being a cheapass and use some silver already.

DeletedUser

I think we have the harbor checks from the very beginning, arround 5 years now. And the players (including me) , just got used to it. A few here might disagree, but the game here strongly favors the defender. And i will not turn down a little help as an attacker.

You could use the HC (harbor check) to even fool an enemy. Just send 200 empty fast transports to the city and most enemies will consider it well stacked.

DeletedUser

If I have a ridiculous amount of fast transport ships, can I keep sending fleets of empty ships to use up the enemies spells and bonuses, then finally send a real wave with some units in the ships and hope the enemy thinks its empty?

DeletedUser271

Transports require at least 1 land unit with them to send them as an attack. So you wouldn't be able to send just empty trans. (But 20 FTS and 1 hoplite would work for instance)

But other than that I guess that could work. Keep us posted if you do decide to put it into action :)