Grepolympia bug?

DeletedUser39

Good evening/night everyone/Daedalus,

I just noticed something quite peculiar; My timer to 'next free attempt' was closing it's end, only about 2 minutes left. Now, when I looked again, it says 'next free attempt in 23:40:00'. I didn't press 'participate', and I'm quite sure nobody else in my home did it either, as I've been playing up untill now. I didn't receive any laurels as well, which should confirm this even more. I'm wondering, is this a bug, are others experiencing the same, or is it just me?

I'm getting behind with both laurels and seeing my progress now, so I would like to see a response from either players or Daedalus (or any other Support-members).

Thanks in advance,

Acupuncture

DeletedUser

You are the 2nd person to mention this, I will send it up the chain and see what other servers are seeing. Thanks!

DeletedUser

It happened to me, too, thank you for your help Daedalus.

DeletedUser

I am being told that they are aware of this issue and that it is a display issue only, meaning that you should be able to go again regardless of what is displayed if the 24 hours has actually elapsed. They are working on fixing the issue, however, I am not sure how anyone could possibly be at the 2nd free attempt as the Grepolympia hasnt been open for more than 24 hours yet. I am still trying to get a more definitive answer but wanted to update you all.

DeletedUser39

I am being told that they are aware of this issue and that it is a display issue only, meaning that you should be able to go again regardless of what is displayed if the 24 hours has actually elapsed. They are working on fixing the issue, however, I am not sure how anyone could possibly be at the 2nd free attempt as the Grepolympia hasnt been open for more than 24 hours yet. I am still trying to get a more definitive answer but wanted to update you all.

Thanks for the update, though we can't press the button to participate anywhere, there's just the button to pay 50gold to go again (I'm not sure wether that will work). The first timer, after I participated, was 16 hours. I'm not sure wether that was a bug itself, or that it has to do with the server speed.

DeletedUser

If you did it once, then you cannot do it again for free until 24 hours have passed, so that would make sense that it wouldnt work. I will update when I know more.

DeletedUser

The bug is in the display timer only. There is a 24 hour cooldown period between free attempts. The timer appears to have expired when in all actuality, 24 hours has not elapsed. Since Grepolympia has only been open a little over 19 hours, no one has had a 2nd free attempt and the timer runs from when you make your attempt, not 00:00 ST, so unless you started at exactly midnight last night, the next free attempt isnt for a little while. They are working to repair the timer itself so that it shows properly.

DeletedUser39

The bug is in the display timer only. There is a 24 hour cooldown period between free attempts. The timer appears to have expired when in all actuality, 24 hours has not elapsed. Since Grepolympia has only been open a little over 19 hours, no one has had a 2nd free attempt and the timer runs from when you make your attempt, not 00:00 ST, so unless you started at exactly midnight last night, the next free attempt isnt for a little while. They are working to repair the timer itself so that it shows properly.

Thanks for all the fast information given, it's a good help.

I was able to participate (not 24 hours period, though), and the 'new' timer is 22 hours instead of 24 now.

EDIT: It seems to be counting down from the GMT+1 timezone, as it's 2:07 AM here, and the timer is 21:53 (a little over 2 hours from 00:00, thus)

DeletedUser39

Well, 00:00 GMT+1 time again, my timer hit the 00:00, and without participation, it went back to 23:59:59 again.

Like I said yesterday, it seems the timer is set on GMT+1 instead of server time (GMT-5(?)), though.

DeletedUser

Wow Acu. Its the same with me.

I wanted to write a post here, again, because my counter restarted, too.... Again :-D

DeletedUser

Yes, we are aware of the timer issue, it is simply a display error, but its being worked on, when the actual 24 hour time limit elapses, you can still use the free option.

DeletedUser

It just allowed me to participate, and I last ran it 18 hours ago. The timer came back and is still counting down from when I ran 18 or so hours ago, says in about 4 hours I can participate again. I was at work 24 hours ago and I raced after work, so I KNOW it has not been 24 hours, and I have no gold, so I did not buy an extra run!

I will post again in 4-5 hours to update on whether it lets me run again then.

DeletedUser

Yesterday, this issue happened to me. When the event started at Midnight I entered about half way through the training then it said i can compete again in 21 hrs. The same day but at the end of the day I re-entered, it said I needed to wait 2 hrs to compete again. By now it was midnight so i relogged in for my daily gift, and it reset to 24 hours. Was kinda peeved but reading all this I see this isnt working properly.

DeletedUser

when my timer ran out it set back to 24 hours. it did NOT let me participate twice.

I think maybe the timer is counting 24 hour increments from when it started, and I can participate any time in each 24 hour period? I could be wrong about that though. Either way, it has now been 24+ hours since I first participated and while it allowed the second run early, it wasn't an 'extra' run. The timer is counting like I took my second run at the proper time.

DeletedUser

On other european servers, you can have a unlimited wall. Thats a fun bug ;p

DeletedUser

On other european servers, you can have a unlimited wall. Thats a fun bug ;p

We are aware of that issue on those servers and will have it fixed soon. I will say that purposefully using a bug to your advantage is against the rules and will result in harsh penalties if a player does not report it.