Grepolisscore discussion

DeletedUser5524

Very good Idea, I love the awards the game offers and it always feels good getting them but they also feel a bit stale at times. I think this will bring a new light to them. A quick question though. Any chance you can go back to older worlds and implement newer achievements. For example, I played Gamma to the end of the world but never got the achievement for it as it had not existed. Im not sure if that last part is on topic but I feel like it relates. Overall its a cool new feature that I personally would like to see implemented.

DeletedUser11525

I might be missing something here, but once a player earns whatever score, what do we do with them? Is it just more bragging rights for various forum bashing, or is there some in game benefit?

DeletedUser5524

People like myself are very goal oriented. Not speaking for everyone but it will be nice to have another form of goal to work up to aside from personal goals such as fighter and city goals. Basically what I am saying is its more incentive to work for different things and then get rewarded for achieving such things. Of course we don't know what badges they will be putting out there but its worth giving it a shot and seeing. Of course you will have those people forum bashing with it but then again you have those people with any and everything so why let that select few sway your judgement lol.

DeletedUser271

I might be missing something here, but once a player earns whatever score, what do we do with them? Is it just more bragging rights for various forum bashing, or is there some in game benefit?

When I asked that question on the DevBlog their answer was that it was only for bragging rights :)

DeletedUser12822

I think it's a great idea. It's going to be a comprehensive number that encompasses everything you've done in this game. Yay! I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. :D :-D thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser12271

I don't know. While if you do a lot, and have done a lot on every server, will this take into account all the good and the bad? If we introduce this, I'd also like to see the flip side presented.

This is to me like the kind of thing you get for years of playing grep. But sometimes, awards, that are more like recognition for playing a certain way, should also be shown, even it's it shows a more negative light. Like the "Razzies" for filmmakers, that give out award for the worst picture?

I would love to see an award that shows where you are in spending gold on the game. I tend to only spend gold these days that I get in the auctions, but I think even that should be figured in. it would be nice to see who obviously uses it as crutch for otherwise poor Grepping skills. Other "Grazzies" (grep+razzies= Grazzies) could be given for number of times a player has been eliminated from worlds, where they didn't stick it out and just left the game, instead of trying again? I am sure that other players could think of other Grazzies that could or should be awarded.

After all, it's all in fun, right?

DeletedUser8647

I kinda like it. Probably would keep people from switching names as often. Also depends on what more visible up front means. If its just another award in the profile it would not be a big deal to me, i know what awards i've achieved where. If it were some kind of leaderboard or in game reward or even something small like something for the forums - access to exclusive font type or emoticons or something, then it would be cool.

DeletedUser11494

OMG!!! Inno finally made a good choice.. I wonder tho, am i dreaming or is it real?

DeletedUser11791

if this is a global thing for all worlds, can anyone see your achievements by clicking on a new section in your profile? Or is it just a personal thing you get to look at for yourself.
I've always thought something like this would be a great 'resume' as it were, for leaders to look at when you're applying to join an alliance. A great way to sift through 'stats' on players if you're looking for more defenders, more attackers, leaders or just long term stayers. It's all there in front of them to peruse upon.

Even for personal goals sake, perhaps a global ranking for each player. Averages it out over all worlds?

Good concept though, I like it.

mjwest11

Newcomer
I like the idea ... Hoping that this will keep the veterans interested in sticking around and the newbies interested because they receive quicker gratification via awards. Thanks Inno!

DeletedUser12822

If this is done, than most people will probably think twice before changing their IGN since it would put them at a disadvantage.

DeletedUser11396

Does anyone else feel like the post was a little confusing to read at the beginning?

DeletedUser12678

If it is just for bragging... so what.

If there will be some worthwhile in game reward, then please, make it so that the OLDEST and or the GOLDEST don't get an advantage. After all they already have the advantage.

DeletedUser6919

I like the idea but would prefer it if the devs could fix WW and improve bot detection instead of introducing new fancy features. However since people have been asking for new end game for yrs, and still no end in sight, I'm guessing that is out of the question.

So for your new (what I assume to be gold making) gimmick, I suggest slight alteration to name. GrepolisScores or greposcores would read better.

Also would like to see a way to link past accounts or if that is too tricky to backdate (I imagine there maybe conflicts when people have handed off accounts previous so could be problematic), then going forward let there be an option for players who change usernames when joining a new world to take old awards with them (also the 50 extra favour/crown if they have won previously).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It would be nice if the score actually counted for something other than bragging rights.