Grepolis United: Videocast on Heroes Discussion Thread

DeletedUser3157

Um, can I just say.... Skip beta and release it now!

-Vys

Edit: it seems I need to make another account to be on the beta server?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

Well, I have heard talk of this being why Evony did not fair well. Unbalanced for paying and non-paying. I hope this is not the case.

I really look forward to heros.

DeletedUser271

I think the heroes feature is completely changing the game and I don't like it a lot... I still want to see how it looks in-game though :)

DeletedUser

The video mentions Leonidas of Sparta, and said a 10 to 30% increase in defense.

Please read up on "Heroes" before assigning them some arbitrary game stats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

I would expect King Leonidas to start at 25%, and as the levels go up, to give between 125% or perhaps as high as 300% defense.

Otherwise, it sounds interesting and I'd like to see how they add/change the gameplay.
Well, just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser

I appreciate your feedback, but we wouldn't input a unit that made such a large impact on the game as a 300% defensive bonus. The Heroes are meant to add to the game, not completely change it.

DeletedUser

I think the heroes feature is completely changing the game and I don't like it a lot... I still want to see how it looks in-game though :)

I agree, I for one see no need to add new soldiers. I feel like we are going from playing a strategy game to playing more of a role playing game. I feel we are taking a step in the wrong direction with the implementation of heroes.

DeletedUser

I feel this is a great idea puts more to the game makes you want to play more to get the edge needed in battle.

DeletedUser

Again more unfair defense bonuses. Attacking will be more and more difficult. When Inno continues with this, I will stop playing this game soon and with me many others. The defenders and builders will remain and Grepolis will change into Simcity. Please stop destroying your own game, Inno!

DeletedUser

He has a point there, being a war game all of these defense bonuses are discouraging people to attack which is really part of what the game is all about.

DeletedUser

The heroes system is very balanced in that it is not just defensive bonuses. It will be far more clear once its released, but the heroes can impact offense, defense, builds, economy, ect. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

DeletedUser

The advantages of the defender are:
1. Wall and tower
(luckily, the tower will be neutralized by the war council by the rebalancing)
2. Group advantage
3. Slow colo ships
4. Transport boats sinking on biremes
5. Overpowered fire ships
6. Toolbox alarm
Even if a player is not online, he will get a message he's being attacked so he can respond directly. The only advantage of the attacker, the surprise effect, is almost gone.
7. The island quests.
The defense bonus of the island quests gives you 30% extra defense power for all the troops in one city, including support. That is very much by big numbers. The attack bonus gives you 30% extra attack power for one city. This means that you can do just one attack with the attack bonus, because the troops will be dead after the fight. So the attacker has to do on every attack another bonus, the defender just needs one.
8. The Heroes. I am afraid that this is the same story as the island quests, but I am not sure about it.

Many players can live with points 1 to 5, but points 6, 7 and 8 are examples of the doom of Grepolis.

DeletedUser

If you would like to create a thread in the Not World Specific section to discuss this with other players, please do, I am sure it is a good topic. But this is for feedback on the Videocast. Lets be sure we keep this on topic.

DeletedUser3705

When will the heros be available on the BETA? I want to check it out!

DeletedUser3705

Many players can live with points 1 to 5, but points 6, 7 and 8 are examples of the doom of Grepolis.

I somewhat agree with you, but I like the island quests, I do think that the attack bonus should be overall, so all cities get the attack bonus of 30 percent. That would help even out the 2!

DeletedUser

The Video implied that Heroes were in the Beta. I don't see them and from what i am reading, i might be able to see them some time next year as the requirement are extreme. are the rules relaxed in the Beta so they can be experienced now?

DeletedUser2039

I somewhat agree with you, but I like the island quests, I do think that the attack bonus should be overall, so all cities get the attack bonus of 30 percent. That would help even out the 2!
That's a horrible idea. Take something over-powered and power it some more. thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser3157

That's a horrible idea. Take something over-powered and power it some more. thisisgrepolis

I agree with Tyler here, historically the defender almost always has an upper hand, if it's hard for an attacker to get through then that is the historical equivalent. In some sieges it took years not days to take down "one" city!

-Vys

DeletedUser

I for one welcome change to grepolis. I am encouraged the developers are releasing new content into the game and I think if there is a strong opposition against a feature after it is implemented they will listen to the community.

I for one can't wait for heroes to be implemented and throw a whole new strategic aspect into the game.