Grepolis United: DevBlog and Rebalancing General Discussion Thread

DeletedUser2341

i hope im not posting this in the wrong thread. i didnt want to do it in the individual threads cuz i mention a few different ideas. and this one says general, so if its the wrong place please dont be mad at me :)

i think the academy researches need to be redone. the ones that are good should be left alone. but the ones that no one ever gets (diplomacy/meteorology/democracy etc...) need to be rethought i think. even something as small, for example: democracy could let you still trade with villages as long as mood is above 60%, not 80%. this would make demanding for units more useful as you could do it and still be able to trade with them instead of waiting a day or so for the mood to get back to 80%. architecture could be 10% cost and time reduction. meteorology should be for land troops as well as ships (weather effects all no?) democracy and cryptography could be combined into one (not that it would be any better... but this gives the option to add a whole new tech) honestly i think the useless techs should be removed all together. or at least completely rethought. after all whats the point of having an aspect in the game if 95% of the players never think twice about it.

another idea i had was to allow ships to carry loot, it makes sense dont you think? ships should be able to carry loot and units carry capacity should be lowered. ships have space for loot... units need to carry gear... this is logical dont you think?

also i like the idea of seeing new units/ships/gods. i think right now there are only a few ways to really play this game, the more diversity that is incorporated into the types of units and techs and pretty much everything will allow for more diverse play styles.

anyway these were just some ideas ive had floating around. thanks for your time

DeletedUser2039

I don't think I like the idea of ship looting. It pushes more and more toward an all navel attack (where all navel defenses are already so common), therefore, you would get an all navel game (for the most part of coarse and I am mostly talking about revolt, but conquest does follow these lines to an extent too). I think decreasing the speed of biremes could help this. That would be an offensive balance and work itself out further. Land defense is under used in my opinion, let's see it utilized.

DeletedUser

When are these changes supposed to take effect in game? I've been eagerly awaiting them and haven't seen them yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are these changes gonna effect existing worlds? I cant seem to get this question answered.

DeletedUser271

It seems logical that existing worlds will be affected ;-)

DeletedUser271

The specific rebalancing threads have been archived so I'll ask my question here : for the Merchant's shop, when you have setup the threshold, does it also send the resources to the target town when the threshold has not been exceeded by 1,000 resources?

Because the description says : 'the Merchant Shop will automatically send 1000 units (Speed 1) of each resource to the target city once per hour' and I understand that it says that as soon as there are 1,000 res more than the threshold, it sends it to the target city, but when there are not 1,000 more resources, it doesn't send them... Is that right? :confused: I'm sure that I'm wrong, but I just want to make sure ;-)

DeletedUser271

Does this silence mean that my question doesn't have an answer? :confused: Or is it just because you don't like me? :eek::p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, it means I didnt see your post. When it is released, all the details would be included. Anything beforehand would simply be a guess.

DeletedUser

I have been noticing that most Alliances hide behind Biremes and never try to attack for BP. They take ghost and found cities. This seem like a really cheap way to play and shows that they are not willing to play the full game, just be lazy. I want to propose a change to this. I would like the BP value to be lowered. BRs strength can stay the same but they cost needs to be the same as a Light Ship. I think that hiding Behind those ships shows ignorance and thats why this world might not succeed theres only a small few that will actually send attacks. I understand that this is a vital part of the game but when all they do with 22 cities is build biremes and then just super stack cities its shows he doesn't know how to attack. If it cost as much in pop, in resources and time to build to make BRs as LS then it would make it even. This is just a suggestion. I just don't think Hiding is what this game was created for.