Grepolis Toolbar

DeletedUser

I'm running Win 7 and IE 9. I just downloaded the toolbar, but it won't let me log in. I get no errors or anything. It just returns to the Login button. Am I doing something wrong?

DeletedUser

If you are using a browser other than Firefox or Chrome, or if you have browser applications that have changed that browser, I cannot say that it will or will not work. I do know that it works for many many others. Anyone who is using it have any suggestions?

Use Chrome! I got a virus on firefox

DeletedUser

I had contacted support for a direct link to download the toolbar because the download button wasn't working for me on the toolbar page.

They were no help. Told me to use Chrome or Firefox...lol. If I have to use Chrome or Firefox to use the toolbar, why does it say it works for IE7+

So anyway, here is the direct link to the download in case you have the same problems I do. http://CT2832595.ourtoolbar.com/exe/?sourceid=3&bannertypeid=landingpage101&bannerName=gp

And also, for future note: OpenDNS block ourtoolbar.com domain, which is where the Grepolis toolbar is hosted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kariella

Hoplite
how do you delete it

you don't delete it... its adware/malware... good luck with anyone that tells you anything else

although I will say this... Hera is smoking hot on the download page :)

/edit and if you doubt me read the fine print and google those companies... /runs for shower but somehow just cant get clean

Ok let me try again after reading the legalise on this and checking reviews on the web (none of which were good)

Does McAfee, Norton, Trend, Malawarebytes flag this program?
Has anyone tried and had issues uninstalling it?
Has this thing hijacked peoples browser home page? and were you able to set it back?
Annoying pop-ups? anything? Bueller

Know that this toolbar IS tracking you and can do silent installs

Maybe I will format a lab laptop to try it... it looks real cool and I am sure the part that Innogames added to it rocks... but the underlying toolbar by conduit.com is from what I can tell malaware/adware in kings clothing...

one other question... how come on this page
http://toolbar.innogames.de/landing/grepo/?market=us#
in the sample picture, you do not show the full toolbar... you just show the Grepolis part and not the rest of the junk that comes with it

note... to uninstall the toolbar the app connects to the internet and it only uninstalls the toolbar and does not uninstall the Search Protect by Conduit app (which I told it not to install)
clicking on uninstall on that app did a silent uninstall with no prompts whatsoever
the apps also did not uninstall cleanly and left .dll files that I am unable to delete

After rebooting I was able to delete Alert.dll and the conduit folder
I did need to goto the registry and delete the leftover conduit settings there...

running malawarebytes now...

/edit final post on this subject (I am sure the forum mods will be happy)

halfway through the scan my pc BSOD 3x in a row as Malawarebytes tried to fix the problem... I started to research the malware but was like hello I guess this seals the deal on me never using this toolbar and gave up

a system restore did fix the problem and keep in mind this was a lab computer with a fresh image on it

Last edited:

DeletedUser298

It doesn't seem to be getting good reviews. I'm not sure if I want to download this. Just wondering though, it says never miss an attack again. Does this mean I will be alerted via a sound if I get attacked?

DeletedUser271

It doesn't seem to be getting good reviews. I'm not sure if I want to download this. Just wondering though, it says never miss an attack again. Does this mean I will be alerted via a sound if I get attacked?

You'll receive a notification every time you get attacked ;-)

Kariella

Hoplite

to be more specific on this... you need to give them your email address and contact information and then you will be alerted... but I would strongly suggest just getting the grep app for iphone or droid... on my iphone the grep app notifies me of an attack faster than I see it ingame (because the alert goes to the app in real time where as ingame you need to wait for an auto screen refresh)

DeletedUser4583

I do not have a US choice either. Is there a different file for US servers??

DeletedUser

Agreed

I concur with what Kariella said - Malware. It set itself to its own search toolbar, it reset the homepage of the browser to that searchbar. Fortunately, not too hard to eliminate once you tracked down what it had done - although I'm on a Mac.

you don't delete it... its adware/malware... good luck with anyone that tells you anything else

although I will say this... Hera is smoking hot on the download page :)

/edit and if you doubt me read the fine print and google those companies... /runs for shower but somehow just cant get clean

Ok let me try again after reading the legalise on this and checking reviews on the web (none of which were good)

Does McAfee, Norton, Trend, Malawarebytes flag this program?
Has anyone tried and had issues uninstalling it?
Has this thing hijacked peoples browser home page? and were you able to set it back?
Annoying pop-ups? anything? Bueller

Know that this toolbar IS tracking you and can do silent installs

Maybe I will format a lab laptop to try it... it looks real cool and I am sure the part that Innogames added to it rocks... but the underlying toolbar by conduit.com is from what I can tell malaware/adware in kings clothing...

one other question... how come on this page
http://toolbar.innogames.de/landing/grepo/?market=us#
in the sample picture, you do not show the full toolbar... you just show the Grepolis part and not the rest of the junk that comes with it

note... to uninstall the toolbar the app connects to the internet and it only uninstalls the toolbar and does not uninstall the Search Protect by Conduit app (which I told it not to install)
clicking on uninstall on that app did a silent uninstall with no prompts whatsoever
the apps also did not uninstall cleanly and left .dll files that I am unable to delete

After rebooting I was able to delete Alert.dll and the conduit folder
I did need to goto the registry and delete the leftover conduit settings there...

running malawarebytes now...

/edit final post on this subject (I am sure the forum mods will be happy)

halfway through the scan my pc BSOD 3x in a row as Malawarebytes tried to fix the problem... I started to research the malware but was like hello I guess this seals the deal on me never using this toolbar and gave up

a system restore did fix the problem and keep in mind this was a lab computer with a fresh image on it

DeletedUser

Hello,

I am trying to share with my fellow leaders who accepts, denies or deletes a pact with another alliance along with other things but let's get one item resolved at a time. so if you know how please let me know and help me look like a hero.

Thank you
Oscarsr.

DeletedUser7669

So, what's the downside of this toolbar. Ad tracker, other problems? Invites other programs aboard?

Oops, went back and read more posts... looks like some serious, hard-to-uninstall malware. Fogidaboudit!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9355

Didn't work in Firefox 28 for me and it came packaged with multiple instances of Conduit spyware.

DeletedUser4356

Does this work? I clicked the link but I get to Innogames homepage.