Grepolis Sink/Swim

It's interesting to watch as yet another world folds all too quickly into the all too familiar patterns. A couple of dominant teams form. Little players are forced out. There are complaints re: gold from some or botting from others. Some complain about the "hugging". But what is painfully clear is that none of it really matters. Because this game is in the death throes.

There are a variety of things that have got things to this point. Some are manageable by the players and some are not. We have the ability to control whether or not we attempt to take new players under our wings and help them out. Most don't want to bother. I get it. Some are too busy or just not inclined. That's fine. But sometimes we see one of the biggest issues in the game: players are just nasty to each other. For whatever reason, we have come to believe that because we're behind a computer/phone screen and playing a war game that it's acceptable to be just mean to each other. It needs to stop but it's unlikely.

Which brings up the giant elephant in the quickly emptying room: Moderators are not doing things that encourage the game to continue. Responses to tickets are sporadic. Rules are enforced in a haphazard way. And consequences are meted out indiscriminately. And so we continually see more and more players just step out. Mods may have an undoable job... I've not done it so I can't say. But whether it's doable or not, it's not being done in a way that makes many of us feel as though we are being heard.

The truth is that this may be a blessing. To be frank, anybody who is spending any time in this forum has probably spent way too much time playing a game and ought to pursue other avenues in their lives. But if the goal is to make things better here, the time is growing short. Very short.

SINK

Shock

Philosopher
Moderators are not doing things that encourage the game to continue. Responses to tickets are sporadic.
1667509701634.png

This is a graph of every US and EN ticket that I personally have submitted, and the response time to the ticket.

Things to keep in mind:
1. This is a small sample size (though the pattern should be very clear)
2. Nearly every US ticket was made during business hours, while nearly every EN ticket was made 11pm or later on EN. How is it possible for the US mods to be this much worse at answering tickets and support requests, it's actually absurd how poor of response times you can expect to receive from mods here. You'd think in the middle of the night you'd get a slower response from a mod than at 3pm, but no, clearly not the case.

Last edited:

Imladrist

Newcomer
This was some of that unnecessary nastiness I was referencing... but alas that's the only way that it relates to the topic

Well, insults ("Retartables") lose a little luster when they aren't even spelled correctly. Unless he was simply trying to imply that they are connoisseurs of French pastries. If that's the case... proceed?

king Xeno

Citizen
Retartables..... GONE!!!! next the Grim poachers aka MRA trash is next to fold lol these idiots have like 10 spies I can name in the group.

Who will swim? think about the only team I see with actual players and not MRA or taking rocks.

KZ

Hawk

Senior Citizen
Retartables..... GONE!!!! next the Grim poachers aka MRA trash is next to fold lol these idiots have like 10 spies I can name in the group.

Who will swim? think about the only team I see with actual players and not MRA or taking rocks.

KZ
Imagine using spies ... pretty cringe tbh

Even more so bragging about them on external forums

KZ
You must be real fun at parties LOL, and hiding your name and not your grep name even more so. Just a troll, i can floor you in grep but hey keep trolling with a fake name.
Hawk this guy is a fool nothing more

KZ
Middle school insults are so much fun, eh?

L3golaS

Newcomer
Hahahahahahaahaah..

I guess when you can't fight a guy on the game you start calling him names outside the game :))))

I bet this is all about not joining Ban Squad... but when I asked they didn't want me...:)) pathetic... play the game "in the game" not outside of it... but sorry that I made 3 of your players ghost already... let's pray that more will follow...

and when you imagine I am only playing US servers for 2 months...ahhahaha

it should be a rule when a respond on the forum is made to be sort of like "World Neme: Nickname: Answer" eg: Pharae: L3golas:
Hahahahahahaahaah..

I guess when you can't fight a guy on the game you start calling him names outside the game :))))

I bet this is all about not joining Ban Squad... but when I asked they didn't want me...:)) pathetic... play the game "in the game" not outside of it... but sorry that I made 3 of your players ghost already... let's pray that more will follow...

and when you imagine I am only playing US servers for 2 months...ahhahaha"

At least to know who made those sorts of comments, cause they won't tell you directly... wonder why???
anw: cause they gonna ghost.. pricks

Last edited:
King Xeno whoever you are just give a real name and stop causing drama, i mean does one like acting like this. As far as everything else just ignore not worth it

Hawk

Senior Citizen
12/6 Sink/Swim

1. Grim Reapers (And GR2) - SWIM - they haven't really faced too much competition yet imo, so I think if they do they might have some issues, but for now a solid swim with a great core

2. Leroy Jenkins - FLOAT then SINK - led by a delusional man-child, they are 5-27 against Ban -- they can't handle the fact that we're better than them so they resort to claiming we pacted the world (like I said, delusional) ... due to their poor leadership they don't have much chance, their only saving grace is spending more than the other alliances, but that won't be enough in the end.

3. The Ban Squad - SWIM - won't comment too much, but we're 27-5 against the team that thinks they're best in the world.....

5. Imperial Cult - SINK - truly don't know too much about them, but it seems they'll basically be a non-factor in this world.

theonejoshmon

Newcomer
1) Grim Reapers - FLOAT then SINK - Grim Reapers currently hold the strongest cards in the game. They can choose to continue to be pacted to Ban Squad-- help take out Ban Squads only competition, and then just hand the win to Ban Squad. OR they can man up and stop hugging. (better never see any of you guys complaining about hugging and a dead game when it's 75 versus 15)

2) Leroy Jenkins - FLOAT. Led by one of the few people on this server with with self-respect apparently as everyone else is OK with making noob moves, he WILL NOT pact everybody else just because he's scared to fight a 1v1v1 like Ban is.

3) Ban Squad - SWIM - they will win because everything is being GIVEN to them and then they also have Grim fooled and are using them to get us out of the way and then 100% for a fact turn on Grim) these guys are worshipped like theyre gods when theyre mid tier at best. If you took away ALL of the handoffs (90% of their takeovers) from people scared of them, if you took away the ENTIRE SERVER throwing themselves at Ban's feet, these guys are upper-mid tier OR low-pro at best. They don't even follow Grepolis etiquette and don't have enough self respect to fight alone in a dead world. Pure Fear.

4) Grim Reaper 4 - shouldn't exist. 25 alliance capacity world, and 2 alliances PLUS a pact.

disgraceful

Hey Josh, have not really spoke with you only come across you a few times and this world i think versus a few things to clarify on. While other alliances were either chilling or squabbling, Grim was the only one with a real directive early on. 2nd not sure what will happen with 2 months or so left but to be clear we fought TR (Disbanded) Fighting your Alliance (Leroy Jenkins) on the verge of whatever.
Not sure who will win but i am in no way scared of any player, i will agree with you on 1 thing there are some players being Shady. I am Friends with Hawk, Imladrist, Vind and MarinaDanka1 which is why i am friendly with them. No worshipping not sure where you get that from. Also, if we were to go 1 v 1 v 1 your alliance would fold like it is now or is. We only have 2 alliances as well Grimm and GR 2 any other name is just being sarcastic/funny.
You guys just were in a bad spot and betrayed Josh and or some infighting not sure which. If TR stayed whole maybe something would be said right now and the world would be different but EGOs ruin alliances.
This everyone vs me thing is old and honestly was created by you not getting along with others and some Shady tactics in house.
I also agree with you the Handoffs are weak but if another alliance proposes it who is to say you would not do it or me or anyone. I know more than you think and some leave at that Josh

Imladrist

Newcomer
2) Leroy Jenkins - FLOAT. Led by one of the few people on this server with with self-respect apparently as everyone else is OK with making noob moves, he WILL NOT pact everybody else just because he's scared to fight a 1v1v1 like Ban is.
I'll just leave this here: ghosting, and causing your remaining teammates to figure out what they're going to do, is not the actions of a leader. And it certainly isn't the action of leader with self-respect. It's a "woe is me" quitter attitude. You could've fought like you say you do, with Josh against the world, but the self-professed guy with no life and the time to play Grep non-stop chose instead to quit on his team.

Know this: Not everything is some grand conspiracy. What has happened to you this server was brought on by your own actions, words, and ego. Maybe next server you'll be more laid back and just enjoy playing a silly little game with your friends. Being approachable ultimately matters a whole lot more than endless blocks of texts complaining or pontificating about the particulars of the game.

TeddyFlood

Messenger
It seems like mass ghosting is becoming a common thing on Grepolis. When your team isn't going to win or things are going badly... just quit.

I'm not directing my comment at anyone in particular here, because frankly, this is something I've seen happen in the last three worlds I have played in. It just kind of sucks for everyone and ruins the game.

I'm choosy about the worlds I join and I try not to play more than one world at a time.... but I also play every world until the end without quitting. I just thought that's how you're supposed to play this game.

king Xeno

Citizen
I think people are just fed up with people that run 2 accounts and hand off the cities to themselves and people sharing accounts so they are online 24/7. the funny thing those are the idiots not even winning the server lol