Grepolis RP

DeletedUser7813

Not sure if I will keep this up. I used to do something similar for another game I played. It occupies my time in between 5 minute demands.

----------------

The sun gleamed on the stone tower. Its surface reacted strangely to the weather. The heat of the day caused it to glow and pulsate rythmically between a dull brown and fiery red. Aesur stopped at the promenade to wipe sweat from her brow.

She knew the rumors. Cities had fallen at the outskirts of the empire. The Soulcatchers were already assimilating the population, changing them into something else entirely. This brought back memories of another time. The slow drip of the IV, the strange mechanical contraption attached to her skull that throbbed and convulsed.

She blinked away the thoughts. The experience certainly wasn't satisfying, but the new self was. A shadow passed quickly over her. She looked up to see the bird hovering, watching those below with eyes hungry for flesh.

She shuddered and started again towards the harbor. A fleet of transports and light ships were docked, awaiting her command. After the devastation at the Purple city, it had been a challenge to rally enough soldiers to the cause. Supplies had to be imported from united cities.

As she boarded the first ship, she was saluted by a general. It was a formality she didn't take lightly. As Administrator of the Soulcatcher empire, the organization and logistics of the Soulcatcher expansion movement was on her shoulders.

She nodded to the general. "Are the ships ready?" She asked.

"We only await a target, Administrator."

A sly smile crept onto her face. She turned out to the sea, watching the waves. It wasn't necessary to consult the charts. Instead, she extended a single finger to the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7813

The governor stared at his conquerors, silently stewing. He was gaunt, his cheek bones impossibly sunken. An elegantly crafted smock hung from his bony shoulders like silk draped over a shrub. He still held his sword, as useless as it was.

Aesur didn't make eye contact. She had made a cursory inspection of the city itself, and found it lacking. The farms were barely adequate for a decent army, even as the palace had been expanded beyond reason.

"Tell me, LeFere," Aesur said. She addressed him still without making eye contact. "Tell me of your spy network. How far does it reach?"

She glanced his direction only to see the embarrassment on his face. She smirked, then went back to examining the ledger on the steward's desk.

"We've had no need for such things."

Aesur laughed. "You had no idea that we were even coming, did you?"

The governor sneered. "The White Tiger Emporium will certainly hear of these events."

"Let them hear of it. In fact, go and tell them yourself. But first I have something for you to see."

She walked to the far window which overlooked the city below. Governor Lafere followed, then cast his eyes at the events below. The Soulcatchers were crawling through the streets, rounding up the citizens and placing them in chains. Others were already loaded into the brain changing machines. Screams of pain and fear wound their way through the alleys into a cacophony of terror.

"Tell them what you've seen here," she said. She grabbed his bony shoulder with her hand and squeezed it. "And ensure that they do not cross the border into the north again. This ocean is ours."

DeletedUser7813

Aesur reflected on the strange turn of events. They had invited Dark Elite to a joint meeting to discuss peace and pact arrangements. Arckaine was their diplomat. He was shrewd, but reasonable. Negotiations between the Dark Elite, the Soulcatchers and a band of warriors that called themselves The Infection had been solidified.

The meeting had nearly finished when the doors of the chamber were slammed open. Slightly alarmed, Aesur had already reached for her sword. A grizzly looking man with wild eyes sauntered into the room. He held a skull in one hand and fondled a dagger in the other. Aesur kept her hand on the hilt of her sword.

"What's this I hear about you all taking cities in our ocean?" Oxin, Commander of the Dark Elite, spat his words, raising a bony finger in the direction of Aesur and Firebrand.

Firebrand, emmisary of Infection, cracked his knuckles. "We just talked about this."

Aesur nodded. "We're just about done, here."

Oxin shook his head. "Nothing's done until I've agreed to it."

He took a sip of a thick red liquid from the skull. Aesur lowered her brow. For the next 45 minutes, Oxin barked his demands. Arckaine sat, an undecipherable expression on his face. Was it amusement? Embarassment? Aesur could not decide.

Hours had passed since the meeting, and she was left with an uneasy feeling. Firebrand, Xpert and Aesur sat in silence as the ships docked in the north-eastern ocean. Finally, Aesur broke the silence.

"I don't trust him," she said.

Firebrand laughed. "Is that all?" He asked. "I seriously wonder for this man's sanity."

Indeed, rumors of Oxin's behavior had spread among the troops. He had been called Oxin the Mad, Oxin the Untrustworthy, even Oxin the Fanatic.

"So, what do we do about this?" Aesur asked. "I'm not one to betray the trust of my allies."

The Soulcatchers had begun to disembark from the ships. They slithered their way through the streets of Claws, many off in search for the night's pleasures. Xpert hadn't said much. Aesur and Firebrand turned to him now to see what he thought. He just stared out into the distance.

Aesur followed his gaze and then saw it. Ships belonging to the White Tiger Emporium. She thought of the 'message' she had sent them recently. The threat of conquer and enslavement if they crossed into the north. Aesur was ready to call up defenses, but Xpert held up his hand.

"I sent for them," he said.

Sure enough, the small number of ships approached, their weapons still sheathed. From the flagship, Hammilcar Bersa appeared. Aesur had never met this man, but was instantly wary. His presence seemed to command respect. His troops behind him were well disciplined. She was impressed.

In the small hours, the leaders of the three alliances met. The lunacy of the Dark Elite leadership had been well known. Hammilcar offered his service, a joint alliance, should war be necessary.

Just then, a messenger entered. Oxin had already began to press the weight of Dark Elite into their direction. The messenger carried word that an audience was requested, regarding border issues with the Dark Elite. Furthermore, he carried news that the spy network had discovered a plot already in the works against them.

Aesur weighed her words carefully. "As much as I don't want to say it, I believe it's only a matter of time until we find a knife in our bellies. I'm not fond of betraying trust. But I find no trust in that man, or anyone who follows him. We must make the first move."

The others nodded in agreement.

DeletedUser

Very good stuff.

Left out the part about FB and XG deliberately provoking Oxin into that rage by wiping their butts with the pact agreement repeatedly, but it's your story, you can tell it how you like. :)

DeletedUser8562

great read, otateral!

i am a big fan and will read every single "episode" lol

you considered writing a newspaper? or maybe this is enough on its own haha

DeletedUser7813

Thanks for the feedback. Never done a newspaper. Hoping to stick with this for as long as there's cool little things to write about. Based on the game's direction, I expect that to be a long while.

DeletedUser9662

One of the best things I have read here so far, good job!

DeletedUser

Very good stuff.

Left out the part about FB and XG deliberately provoking Oxin into that rage by wiping their butts with the pact agreement repeatedly, but it's your story, you can tell it how you like. :)
Sounds about right. One of these persons is a fraud who turned coat on the banner that made him. Good story tho can't wait to see more.

DeletedUser10009

I assume Oxin is the fraud, seeing as FB and XG are both upstanding persons.

DeletedUser10111

Otateral thanks for this enjoyable read. Nice to have a breath of fresh air in the forums.

DeletedUser

There are a couple issues with the narrative though.... First, I initiated the conference but had immediate matters to take care of domestically. By the time I had returned to the appointed meeting place, Oxin had already arrived. For me, the conference had never started before it was ended. And what had begun as a friendly question as to why the Soulcatchers and the warriors of Infection were actively conquering and pillaging outside of the proposed neutral zone turned to a cursing match between firebrand and Oxin by the time of my arrival. Second, by Otateral's own omission the planning to unite against Dark Elite began immediately after the broken conference. Your description of a "missive to White Tiger Emporium" could not have been sent until afterwards, since your conquest of White Tiger "plan" was not made public until at least 24 hours after the conference. So, I feel led to ask: who should trust whom?

Other than that, nicely written narrative. I especially liked your imagery of Oxin holding a skull cup with a "dark, red liquid." Oh, wait... that was Oxin's own imagery, and I believe he said it was filled with the blood of his enemies?

DeletedUser10363

Kudos. Very original idea. Haven't seen anyone incorporate actual grep events into a story that was entertaining. I'm curious to how you portray the attacks :)

All rivalries aside, I must admit you seem to be the least biased member of the SC/Inf/WTE triumvirate when it comes to objective reflection. Some people can only see through their rose colored glasses :/

DeletedUser

LOL, twotokes you're still here? I figured by now you'd be too busy running to Marathon after getting completely annihilated on this server! Have fun! Maybe the third world is the charm!

DeletedUser10119

LOL, twotokes you're still here? I figured by now you'd be too busy running to Marathon after getting completely annihilated on this server! Have fun! Maybe the third world is the charm!
Big words for such a heavy gold user. Just because your ranked 3rd in Lamia doesn't mean your good, its too early for that. Plus, heavy gold users don't even have to be that good. You can easily build everything you need in a short period of time, whereas others can't.