Grepolis Roadmap 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser7490

I really am not sure about changing the gods and an intense re-balancing. I have talked to several IG mods on EN worlds and I feel that all of the re-balancing ideas would make players who have been played seance the beginning of the EN worlds have to completely re-learn strategies on attack and defense. As for the gods, it seems that the goal is to complicate a streamlined system that is already in place (which is similar to what I disliked about heroes when I played one of the beta worlds that was testing them). The slight changes that add only I tiny dinamics change are not what I really want to see, neither do I really want to see a huge change in battle mechanics, what I would enjoy most is a change in late game and endgame that helps to increase battles (like was said) and something that discourages alliances from giving up as soon as they go a few cities down in a war. Furthermore a longer world lifespan would be awesome. I remember on gen one worlds in EN we would have worlds that would get all the way into 80s and 90s in the east, now days we are lucky to fill up the 70s (74/75). Something to slow players quitting worlds and keep players joining slightly older worlds to increase world size would be appreciated.

If im correct amirashah, the Gen 1 EN worlds, is it just me, or am I correct in thinking when you began a new world, and selected what ocean location to start in, players actually landed in the locations chosen, for example North, East, West or South,........if the start locations were a bit more spread out instead of always dead central on a map, alliances would have a chance to grow into super powers in their own parts of the world, like I am sure used to happen back in Gen 1 worlds,

that led to more large alliances becoming dominant in their oceans and would have to move closer to each other through other oceans to fight each other,.......just now it seems everybody gets tossed into the middle of a worlds oceans then new players joining late are threw right into already dominated oceans that get chewed up or farmed straight away,

if the whole of the world map got used for placing players at the start by locations then theyd all have more time for growing, and each location would have their own battles, instead of just one fast growing alliance being able to dominate from the start of a world just because they grew faster than everybody else and then keep attacking or bullying the newer smaller late arivals.

I have mentioned this before as a good way to get back to classic Grepolis where the forums buzzed with every ocean having their own large individual battles for top spot, as it is just now the battles are only lasting for the first month of a new world, then you end up with one run away alliance.

You also used to get debates on whod win if such and such ever meet and fight each other as the worlds grew on. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So here are my many ideas:

1) the casual people worlds
a. casual people shouldn't have to rebuild their cities in a new world, they should be able to bring them to the new world
b. the casual world should be no conquest world

Just my ideas it seems fair

Theres should be a fifth resource, iron
It would be used to personalize troop stats
and also to make new troops

2)Gods
a. Hephestus, the god of iron (duh)
Troops- telkhines (take over vessels), talos (weak to ranged, super slow and destructive)

Spells- Iron boost, smithing wisdom (better troop attack+def for x amount of hours), automatons (extra x amount of each troop you send to battle/defense for y hours), superior worker tools (all building upgrades cost 5% less)

b. Ares, god of war
Troops- Dragon (fast, furious, dare i say more), great big serpent thing (weak to sharp, powerful close range and ranged attack)

Spells- Ares curse (opponents troops have 5% less attack and defense for x hours), dread aura (troops will travel 15% faster), city curse (negate walls), gift of war (+10% bp for x hours)

c. Aphrodite, goddess of love
Troops- sirens (no attack, but disable enemies in close range), sorceress (powerful ranged attack, weak to all)

Spells- Worker's charm (everything is done 5% faster, including resource production), Veil of beauty (your spies have it 50% easier), ugliness curse (target cannot build or research for x hours), love war (attack an opponent with a mirage under the name of an ally of the target)

These gods should be earned.

Great buildings: idk, just make it so that stats are customizable (like sacrifice troops/res to upgrade)

DeletedUser8262

So here are my many ideas:

1) the casual people worlds
a. casual people shouldn't have to rebuild their cities in a new world, they should be able to bring them to the new world
b. the casual world should be no conquest world

Just my ideas it seems fair

Theres should be a fifth resource, iron
It would be used to personalize troop stats
and also to make new troops

2)Gods
a. Hephestus, the god of iron (duh)
Troops- telkhines (take over vessels), talos (weak to ranged, super slow and destructive)

Spells- Iron boost, smithing wisdom (better troop attack+def for x amount of hours), automatons (extra x amount of each troop you send to battle/defense for y hours), superior worker tools (all building upgrades cost 5% less)

b. Ares, god of war
Troops- Dragon (fast, furious, dare i say more), great big serpent thing (weak to sharp, powerful close range and ranged attack)

Spells- Ares curse (opponents troops have 5% less attack and defense for x hours), dread aura (troops will travel 15% faster), city curse (negate walls), gift of war (+10% bp for x hours)

c. Aphrodite, goddess of love
Troops- sirens (no attack, but disable enemies in close range), sorceress (powerful ranged attack, weak to all)

Spells- Worker's charm (everything is done 5% faster, including resource production), Veil of beauty (your spies have it 50% easier), ugliness curse (target cannot build or research for x hours), love war (attack an opponent with a mirage under the name of an ally of the target)

These gods should be earned.

Great buildings: idk, just make it so that stats are customizable (like sacrifice troops/res to upgrade)

I think most of your ideas are bad.

You say that people should be able to bring their already built cities to new worlds, so your saying that if a player has a 13716 city and then decides that he wants to bring it to a new opening world on the first day, it would be fair. Correct ?
I think the only people who like this idea are the people who get conquered the most in worlds or just recently got conquered.

Bad Idea

You say there should be a fifth resource, funny, I could have sworn there was only 3 resources, plus, IRON ? What would we do with iron ? I thought that was the reason for silver, adding a new resource would tottaly change the entire game because you have to organize things differently and build troops differently also, plus I don't think iron was even around during these ages yet, only the three resources were around.

Bad Idea.

Haphaestus, I do think he should be added, he could do wonders with his fast building and the things he creates, but the spells and mythical creatures you suggested underrated his talents, the buildings should take 50% less time for about 250 favor for x hours, there should be a spell for Hephaestus called Hephaestus' Eruption that knocks down some type of building or wall or even just knocks down the population growth or farm lvl since Hephaestus is the god of fire and Volcanoes, he should also be able to disable any spell casted on attacks or cities since he practically invented everything the other gods use. For the mythical units it should be the metal bull, like the minotaur but an offensive creature, and I agree on Talos.

Good Idea.

Ares needs to be added to this game, I think you underrated Ares spells also, the attack should be a 25% bonus, defense should also increase by 10%, I agree on the negative walls but I think it should take only a certain amount of percentage off. They should also add a terrorize spell, like the citizens of a city start rebellions and tear down a few buildings and what not.

The mythical creatures should be a draken, charybdis or even Ophiotaurus.

Aphrodite as a goddess on here I think is a bad idea, exactly what could she do besides knock down the attacking troops offense just like Hera can already do.

DeletedUser

I think some things should be fixed.
One being forums on mobile. Since most of the users now-a-days seem to be using mobile, it's becoming hard to communicate with them. I don't know if mobile doesn't work on iOS but it doesn't work for Android. As well as the premium gold purchase on mobile is cheaper and is called "silver" in comparison to desktop price and it being correctly called "gold".

Little things like that can turn to large problems, including the forum deal.

All-in-all, really like this upcoming road map. Auto alliance search thing seems to work well.

DeletedUser298

I think it's a good list and will be a hard one, but well worth one for the team indeed. I only dislike the casual worlds as if they are introduced, there will be some consequences to the current worlds and the game could greatly change. Most of the best players become "one of the best" in their very first world, not from experience or anything but usually after a couple months they become really good at conquering and learn to love the game how it is. If it's casual, these types of people will probably be drawn the casual worlds, I dunno what's gonna be on these worlds, but I assume there's attacking, maybe some conquering, dunno, but they will not be "one of the best" of the game and these players will not have their full potential. Also I like taking out noobs when the world first starts, decent built cities and easy takes early on, but that's why the casual worlds should be introduced lol. Maybe if there was someway casual worlds could evolve into a regular world? Like have extreme beginers protection, a few months, or maybe not individual bp but an overall one for the world? Or maybe have a transfer button where you can transfer out of a casual world into a regular one, this regular one will have had to been out for a little while and be built up, and you could start like you do on the beta servers, but depending on your points and cities on the casual world you could start with like 1/5 of what you had there.

DeletedUser8870

Fullscreen Town Overview - great idea have been waiting for this for awhile now

Alliance Finder - already implemented and as an alliance leader i hate this feature, needs more work allow players to use and to actually send a message with the tool instead of just a canned message that gives no life to the player

Easter Event - sounds fun

Tutorial Revamp - yes the tutorial is ok-ish and that is giving it too much credit, needs a lot done here to be effective to help new players pearn and grow

Bundles & Packages - a major plus

Rebalancing - can't wait to see what type of re-balancing occurs here, the balances are way off right now so this will be nice to see

World Wonder Revamp - been asking for this right now the "end game" just stinks, needs to be more eventful and meaningful like a huge bot city loaded with 15k troops and incredible walls and defenses that alliances have to take over before getting a world wonder,now that would be fun!

Casual Worlds - i like this idea as there are many new grepolis players that just get started into the game and boom they lose their city and quit game for good, many good players are lost in this and this is a great way to build up more players to the game to learn the ropes

Daily Login Bonus Revamp - heck yeah it stinks currently how 'bout giving us some free gold?

Player Graphs & Statistics - be a great feature to have

Gods & Spells Improvements - this could be fixed by making every world a hero world

Summer Event / Halloween Event / Christmas Event - can't wait for the events i'm sure ya'll will come up with something good!

DeletedUser7284

No mention of fixing the alliance forums? We need more moderation tools especially a way to set up tabs with password access.

I hope you are not thinking of changing the WW phase in existing worlds.

DeletedUser11525

A couple thoughts on fixing the gods.

Right now, the choice of a god for a city has no bearing on the effectiveness of spells used with that city: a city worshiping Zeus gets the same benefit from 'Happiness' as a city worshiping Hera. Perhaps the effect of beneficial spells should be reduced if the city isn't worshiping the providing god. So a city worshiping Zeus may only get a 25% increase from 'Happiness'. This would make the choice of gods more important.

Also, a small increase in the maximum favor per city that worships a particular a particular god would add some benefits to worshiping various gods. 490 favor + 10/worshiping city (or something like that). During slow times, you would be able to stock pile a little more for times of greater need.

Make it more difficult to change gods as well. Perhaps lose some/all levels of the temple? Certainly a temple for Zeus should require some changes to be switched to worshiping Poseidon. Right now, you spend down most of your favor, and a couple mouse clicks, and you're worshiping someone else.

Adding some more gods would provide more variety. Maybe one (and I'll leave the names to those wiser than me) that provides a stone bonus and improved building/research as well as a 'stupidity/forgetfulness' spell that causes the target to immediately forget a particular (or random) researched ability and lose the benefit from that immediately.

Finally, possibly the number of gods that you can worship across all of your cities. Again, make the player make some real choices. This would effect the WW phase, or might require favor banking during that phase.