Grepolis reunion?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15403
  • Start date

DeletedUser10777

Yea I have to say that hiding behind gold as a crutch to beat your opponents isn't really that noble. If you have actual skill, you don't need gold to win. When someone spends that much, kind of makes the whole game unfair.
SO SINCE YOU FOLKS ARE MAKING THE RULES... WHATS ACCEPTABLE? O MEAN YOU ALL GOLD EVERYDAY... NOW THERE NEEDS TO BE A SET LIMIT? A LITTLE HIPPOCRITICAL IN MY OPINION... YOU WANT TO USE IT BUT DONT WANT ANYONE TO USE MORE? SOUND LIKE A "YOU" PROBLEM AND NOT A "ME" PROBLEM...

DeletedUser15403

Not that I'm complaining, as I could care less what you do with the money I'm assuming you earned.. There is a difference between us spending 100-200 on a world, and you spending enough to feed a village of starving children. But to each their own..

Hixr

Messenger
I think there is a big misconception of how much gold it takes to build to the point of TITAN. For starters, we don't if they received the crazy inno deal where $70 bucks get them 40k gold. so assuming they bought in for that and dropped $350 on it they are looking at 200k. Also for anyone who golds they prob know it takes an estimate of 15k to build up a city by buying res and fast-tracking buildings and units for a city. Plus he had 7 days of CP to farm res (which he did) although he needed to come out early to rim SERTAG.. :D

Even if they didn't get the crazy inno deal they're still looking at $350 buying them 100k which is still enough to get them to where they are at now. It's safe to assume that most of the top players will spend more than $200 on this world and might have already.

And before anyone says "well you are on his team.." and what not I played against TITAN in Helike and Lato and I was able to hold my own. I never thought he made the game feel "unfair" nor did I not think he was "not noble". I do seriously feel for you though. TITAN is both a good player and a golder and that makes it hard. Adapt around it and you'll be fine. Just takes a learning curve playing against TITAN.

Diva101

Messenger
I had the top 4 Titan players attacking me and I defended almost completely on my own with no help. I would clear out their offense and they would come back a half hour later with a full arsenal of troops from the city I just wiped out. Four against one with obvious heavy gold spending and I still held them off for 8 hours before they got a revolt.

They only took my city, because I gave up trying to defend once it was revolted. It's pointless, unless you are prepared to spend hundreds of dollars to defend one city - and I am not. But I guarantee you this - without that kind of spending on their part, they would not have taken my city. And that's what I meant when I say the playing field is uneven.

This game should be about skill, not who spends the most money. But, we all need to feel good about ourselves I guess. One way or another.. so congrats, enjoy the city.

DeletedUser16620

I had the top 4 Titan players attacking me and I defended almost completely on my own with no help. I would clear out their offense and they would come back a half hour later with a full arsenal of troops from the city I just wiped out. Four against one with obvious heavy gold spending and I still held them off for 8 hours before they got a revolt.

They only took my city, because I gave up trying to defend once it was revolted. It's pointless, unless you are prepared to spend hundreds of dollars to defend one city - and I am not. But I guarantee you this - without that kind of spending on their part, they would not have taken my city. And that's what I meant when I say the playing field is uneven.

This game should be about skill, not who spends the most money. But, we all need to feel good about ourselves I guess. One way or another.. so congrats, enjoy the city.
"THeY OnLy toOk mY citY, bEcAuSE I gAvE uP tRyINg to dEfeNd"

DeletedUser16462

this sounds a lot like what happened to me in Nikaia.... A little group call dark wolves; (looks like diva was in that group), but in one day at least 30 of the 60 players in Dark wolves attacked me. Pretty sure all 60 did over the course of the week, with attacks coming 24 hrs a day. I wasnt in an alliance, I got no help, yet several golded and were lauching 3 cs's at a time to keep me from sniping.
Lost more towns than I could count. But took the dps and rebuilt won a crown. What happened to dark wolves and all the gold they spent?

DeletedUser16462

lmao, u couldn't hold a siege against me till i had to go hospital, doa getting babysat by sworn n still think they're good, n titan g, don't even chat to anyone, this is a game, u spend ur life earnings on it, its sad
I was so busy! I had some much going on in real life! I decided to break beginner protection 3 days early?!?!?!?!?!

DeletedUser15403

Should we rename this thread the trash talk thread?? xD

DeletedUser10777

AAAANNNNDDDD THE YANKEES SALARY CAP IS 3 TIMES THE PADRES..... WELCOME TO REAL LIFE.... MONEY RULES THE WORLD.... DONT GET MAD AT ME BECAUSE MY HUNDREDS EQUAL YOUR THOUSANDS..... THATS LIKE SAYING " WELL THE KID IS SMARTER THAN ME BECAUSE HIS PARENTS ARE RICHER AND SENT HIM TO A BETTER COLLEGE" THATS SNOWFLAKE TALK.... AND YES WE GOLDED SOME.... NOT ALL.... BUT SOME TROOPS ON ISLAND TO KEEP YOU FROM REBUILDING.... WHICH YOU GOLDED IM SURE..... THE QUESTION I WOULD BE ASKING IS... WHERE IS YOUR ALLIANCE WHEN ALL THIS WAS HAPPENING? I CANT HELP THE FACT THAT YOU HAD TO DEFEND BY YOURSELF.... US TITANS WORK TOGETHER..... ATTACKING AND DEFENDING.... SO YOU LOST THE CITY.... DONT BE A BUMMER LIKE SERTAG AND GO ON REPORTING PEOPLE AND TRYING TO GET THEM IN TROUBLE.... YOU DEFENDED WELL.... THANK YOU FOR THE COMPETITION...

Diva101

Messenger
Oh I have never reported anyone in the 10 years I've been playing this game. In the end, it's just a game. It's not serious enough for me to get that upset and start reporting people.

DeletedUser15403

DONT BE A BUMMER LIKE SERTAG AND GO ON REPORTING PEOPLE AND TRYING TO GET THEM IN TROUBLE
I see hes still up to his old games ahahaha.. No respect for a trash talker who's only goal is to get someone banned... Bum

redmage111

Senior Citizen
Better than the Yankees this year actually. Which goes with Clints point, you don't need to spend all the money you got to compete and be good at the game.
The Padres are my team , so I'm biased. But the Yankees have a lot of injuries.

I think Clint and Diva both have a point here. Anyone who says you don't need gold to be good, and successful at this game are right..but at a certain point, the gold is going to tip it 9 times out of 10, if the person golding wants to press it. I can certainly understand the frustration at being on the receiving end of hourly rebuilds of nukes that just got wiped out. I'm a little confused as to why anyone would be defending nearly all on their own though, however competently..Clint's a good player, and add an alliance on top of that and that's not going to work out.

DeletedUser15403

Well said redmage.
The argument of "work as a team" is logical and all.. But at a certain point you can blast through any team with enough gold.

I was on a team with amazing defenders and great team mates and experienced players, but we where up against a stacked gold spender team, 3 separate slingers / hoplite nukes replenished every hour with cats.. All day non stop for 2 or so days straight.. And in the US worlds those BPs did no good when their was no backline to expand into.

Long story short my entire teams constant farming using heroes spells buffs etc etc to restock dlu did no good.. After a week or two of constant golded up nukes we could no longer keep up regardless of diplomacy , teamwork, and strategy, simply put, we where outmatched by gold. It happens.

At a certain point that no longer is fun. Its pointless and a waste of time. Maybe if the servers where larger and backlines could of been formed the fun could of still been a possibility, but when your up against someone willing to blow through hundreds of dollars in a matter of a few days just to exhaust your teams full troops and resources, their is no amount of strategy, teamwork and diplomacy that can stop it.

And to be fair to those guys spending that they have the right to do it. But realize, the us servers have died down for a reason...Nobodies going to spend a 100 or so in a world to try and have a competitive edge against a team stacked of ppl willing to spend thousands... Its a waste of money and time.

Now onto this world specifically... We have enough talent here to combat that diplomatically... But ppl tend to let their pride and selfishness get in the way of that.. So.. We will see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:

Diva101

Messenger
I did get some help from my alliance... I didn't mean to imply that I was completely on my own.

But this was also the first day out of beginners protection for all of us, so there was just not a lot of defense to be sent yet. I wasn't the only city under attack. So most of what I used was my own, because looking at the island and seeing I was surrounded by Titan players... I knew what was going to happen as soon as I was out of protection. So I prepared as best I could.

But on that first day, unless you're using a lot of gold - you're eventually going to run out of troops that early in the game when the offense is golding everything back up. It takes time to rebuild and that's were the gold spenders have an advantage over the ones who don't.

DeletedUser10777

The Padres are my team , so I'm biased. But the Yankees have a lot of injuries.

I think Clint and Diva both have a point here. Anyone who says you don't need gold to be good, and successful at this game are right..but at a certain point, the gold is going to tip it 9 times out of 10, if the person golding wants to press it. I can certainly understand the frustration at being on the receiving end of hourly rebuilds of nukes that just got wiped out. I'm a little confused as to why anyone would be defending nearly all on their own though, however competently..Clint's a good player, and add an alliance on top of that and that's not going to work out.
RED! IM GLAD YOU HOPPED IN HERE.... AND YES THE PADRES ARE A GOOD TEAM.... THE YANKEES NEED TO GET TAUGHT A LESSON!