Grepolis Q/A

DeletedUser

Dear Grepolis players,

We'd like to end Spartan Assassins event by hearing you guys out. On September the 4th, we will host a live stream over on Twitch and Periscope and will collect your questions starting this week. Members of Grepolis team will be answering all these questions live on stream at 17:00 CEST. Our Twitch channel is: http://www.twitch.tv/innogames If you want to view our stream via Periscope and want to interact, you can download the Periscope app here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/periscope/id972909677?mt=8. If you simply want to view the stream, you don't have to download anything, but you can just click the link that will be shared on our Facebook page on the 4th of September. We will post all questions and answers on our forum in case you want to read them back. This will be done the week following the stream.

If you wish to submit a question you can do so here.

Kind regards,

Your Grepolis Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

On Friday the 4th of September we have had our first live stream Q&A session on Twitch and Periscope. Hosts of the session were: Florian our Product Manager, Nils one of the Game Designers and Philipp our Mobile Developer. From questions that were posted on our forums, we have chosen 11. Some of them related to the Spartan Assassins event and some connected to the future of the game and its development. We hope you will find some answers to your concerns below.
If you didn't have the chance to see the session live you can still watch it on our Twitch channel http://www.twitch.tv/innogames/v/14385796

1 Player donfrank from Netherlands asked:
Since endgame (wonders) revamp is on the roadmap for so long, is there any insight (plan) on when will you be working on it and when will we be able to see something about it?
Currently we are working on rough concepts, we want to include alliances and it will be pvp connected. As soon as we have more detailed concepts we will share them with you, so you could give us some feedback.

2 Player Quent224 from France asked:
About the app, when will we be able to do events on it?
We are planning and looking for solutions to fully integrating the events in mobile, and you need to know it takes a lot of time. Currently we are thinking about how to bring functionality to the app, so you can participate and enjoy all big events there too.

3 Player doudou7 from France asked:
Did you remove war packages due to player feedbacks or did you notice yourself that it wasn't a good idea?
We wanted to test the implementation on the beta server, due to community feedback we decided to remove the packages.

4 Players Tjaard, checker53, setnr12 from Germany asked:
Are there plans to stop the drop of the player base?
Is there even serious interest in doing this?
Are there any specific plans yet to improve the customer loyalty?

Grepolis is a 6 years old game in a very competitive market, so fluctuating numbers within player base are normal. We are happy about our current status, as we have hundred thousands of daily active players and we are getting thousands of new registrations a day. Of course, we want to improve the player loyalty that is why we are evaluating both communication and feedback. We want improve way we are communicating, this session is one of the ideas, plus we want to focus more on players and their feedback. To bring them the best possible gaming experience.

5 Player Mattizin from Germany asked:
After implementing so many new premium features are there plans to implement some new free features as well?
We are going to revamp the early game and that is currently in the development. We are going to work on the late game as well. So these are the big features, apart from these we work on some smaller ones, like the night mode which is nearly ready. Of course, we hope to make much more improvements apart from the above.

6 Player revansa43 from Romania asked:
On DS there were many speed worlds, followed by one on The West, would you open one on Grepolis too? If so, can you give an estimated time?
We would like to have them, the problem is that speed worlds are putting a lot of pressure on our servers, therefore we would be able to offer them only for small worlds or they would not be speedy enough to be satisfying. Therefore, with our current setup we could not guarantee a smooth reliable gaming experience on speed worlds.

7 Player Spaz from Spain asked:
Why hoplites and not archers were rewards in the Spartan Assassins event, especially if the vent was about assassin archers?
It is a good idea and we will keep that in mind for the next event.

8 Player Stacey2000 from Greece:
Spartan Assassins event. I'm not sure if I am right, but I think that the arrows that could be found as special loot when killing enemy, can only be found when killing specific enemies that placed on the same place on the battlefield. Is that correct?
The free arrows are given out totally at random so there is no specific times, troop types or magic behind it.

9 Few players from Hungary asked:
What are special worlds to expect for their future? Going on and on and on seems to lean nowhere (ex-hero and peace).
Currently we do not plan to start any special worlds. We want to focus on the late game revamp and other features that are crucial for the majority of our players.

10 International server player Bearissimus asked:
When will the app give us enough functionality to allow the game to be played properly on it? I'm talking about reservations, BB codes throughout, the ability to read the whole of a long PM, the ability to read reports and so on?
This all is mostly related to communication, which is one of the next biggest topics on our roadmap for this year and most probably next year. We are currently implementing more bbcodes support into the messaging system, so you will be able to publish reports and use links in your messages. Afterwards we will work on alliance forum but we cannot give the exact date yet.

11 Internation server player mungus1974 asked:
When is INNO gonna invest in new game servers?Any of developers have idea how hard is to do anything when you have more than couple of hundreds attacks going on you?
Also when there is a lot of attacks and support going on like a big ops on ww city, entire server is getting slow and it is almost impossible to time your support or attacks.

We have formed a dedicated tech team to deal with the loading times and server issues. We know that the improvement process will be time consuming, but just recently the tech team discovered the ways to do so, and started working on that matter. The improvements should happen soon.

If you haven’t found all the answers, don’t worry! The second Q&A will come soon, so stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Mobile App

Are there plans to improve the mobile app and being able to publish reports? Its frustrating when you have an attack coming or conquest, yet cannot post any reports like in the desktop version

DeletedUser271

Are there plans to improve the mobile app and being able to publish reports? Its frustrating when you have an attack coming or conquest, yet cannot post any reports like in the desktop version

You may want to read this :)

DeletedUser11824

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask the admin. what determines the creation of a new world in Grepolis? Looking at the new start dates for US worlds there is an average 1 month between the start of new worlds. And what determines the settings of a new world? Player request or choosing settings that have not been used for awhile? Thanks : )

P.S. So I guess we can expect a new world in June since the last world Kos opened May 2nd?

DeletedUser8378

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask the admin. what determines the creation of a new world in Grepolis? Looking at the new start dates for US worlds there is an average 1 month between the start of new worlds. And what determines the settings of a new world? Player request or choosing settings that have not been used for awhile? Thanks : )

P.S. So I guess we can expect a new world in June since the last world Kos opened May 2nd?

There's a lot of different things it depends on, but it can also be completely random. :-o

DeletedUser13851

Can we get 24 more hrs to collect prizes from the hades event. I know in the past you've added additional hrs to collect rewards. (I worked a double and missed playing the last 2 battlegrounds). Not you guys' fault but it would be nice to be able to finish and collect rewards.

DeletedUser6961

In revolt worlds, to fix the problem with guys within the alliance just constantly revolting their own worlds, just so they can flip them in case an enemy revolts them, and therefore cancel the enemy's revolt... Why can't it be that revolts just don't end when a world changes hands? Revolts still run their course - even though the leadership of the city has changed, some people want a different leader and are still revolting...

DeletedUser15172

Is it Normal for the Mods to start ignoring requests to sort out problems or is it just me suffering this abysmal customer service? 27 days now unresolved and now being ignored!
(Gold Buying Customer of 6 yrs)

DeletedUser836

Is it Normal for the Mods to start ignoring requests to sort out problems or is it just me suffering this abysmal customer service? 27 days now unresolved and now being ignored!
(Gold Buying Customer of 6 yrs)
Please PM me about this matter. I will make sure it gets handled.

DeletedUser11300

I just download the most recent update and now I can't connect I've uninstalled the app a few times and even hooked up to Wi-Fi and its still not completing the update this results in me not being able to establish a connection is it just me or something that's being worked on?

DeletedUser836

I just download the most recent update and now I can't connect I've uninstalled the app a few times and even hooked up to Wi-Fi and its still not completing the update this results in me not being able to establish a connection is it just me or something that's being worked on?
Are you using your phone (if it's a phone, what type?) or an iPad?

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
We had a recent update today on the US server yet no message warning us of that. Why was that so and what was the update or was their a tech issue this morning that required an update and a refresh at our end?