Grepolis for Dummies

DeletedUser

I would suggest making it more visually attractive to read. It's one big wall of text right now. :p

DeletedUser

If chrss is the one writing the guide are you sure it measures up to the standard of dummies? :p

<3

DeletedUser

Next build to academy level 10. Research Horsemen. These are good against archers, use them to conquer farm number six. The other researches in this section are useless.

I would like to note, with Architecture you can save boatloads of resources in the long run, which with the first city is very useful.
Unfortunately it's use completely disappears once you finish building your city, unless you're willing you can use a CP to un-research it. Odds are more than likely that you won't need to, but I'm not too familiar with final researches for 2.0, so I can't say.
Anyways, with Architecture all the buildings, most notably academy, cave, and harbor are cheaper, so you'll have more resources for training troops

DeletedUser

I would like to note, with Architecture you can save boatloads of resources in the long run, which with the first city is very useful.
Unfortunately it's use completely disappears once you finish building your city, unless you're willing you can use a CP to un-research it. Odds are more than likely that you won't need to, but I'm not too familiar with final researches for 2.0, so I can't say.
Anyways, with Architecture all the buildings, most notably academy, cave, and harbor are cheaper, so you'll have more resources for training troops

My standard Academy research setup does not allow for it to be researched. This early in the game I don't really like having to use CPs to unresearch things, especially if I'm take a city that has a terrible academy and I have to reset the whole thing.

DeletedUser

I finally figured out why I was building so slow! Didn't build up my resources much after the requirements for harbor and temple. I'm sort of a noob. :D

DeletedUser

Some nice info but i have already got it all down in my brian:)

DeletedUser257

Even though I have played this game for 2 years, this really helps because 50% of the worlds I join are unsuccessful because I get conquered before I can conquer. Thanks for the guide.

DeletedUser

Nice job on the guide. It helped me a lot. A few of my friends play grepolis and they told me about it. They also explained a few strategies like sniping.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the time you took in writing this as I will refer to it quite often early on.

DeletedUser

A very nice and comprehensive guide, but your description for specializate cities is incomplete because you didn't specify what they also should research in the academy. For example for the light ship city they should research : light ship, shipwright, mathematics, cartography and battering ram. Also that there are some basics stuff that you have to research in the academy of each city: city guard, booty, ceramics and plow, some will say that in each city is good to have the colony ship researched and the conquest.

DeletedUser

I think the guide should include what you think inspired the Grepolis team to come up with the game. And also about Greek Mythology since that is the theme of the game.

DeletedUser

Well, this is about how to play made by a player who did not talk to the developers about the game at all. I don't think that'd ever be added.

DeletedUser

any advice on how to do this without a premium account ... or is it no gold no chance to win ? if that is the case not a free game now is it!

DeletedUser

any advice on how to do this without a premium account ... or is it no gold no chance to win ? if that is the case not a free game now is it!
Gold helps a lot, but you always will have the limit of the resources production. You can accelerate the grow of your city with gold, but when you finish to build, if you didnt have enough resources, you cant follow.

The victory in Grepolis is a collective success.
Not a player who wins the game, but his entire alliance.

DeletedUser

Thank you, so far the most helpful initial guide I've read. I truly appreciate it.

DeletedUser

At this point, it is highly recommended to build up to a market up to level 5. This requires Cave level 5 and Warehouse level 6.

LOL...I saw that you said you wrote this late at night, early morning, but the cave is built AFTER the market is to whatever lvl. I'm not meaning to nit-pick here, I just wanted to post, in case new players looked through here, before actually going in the game and playing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited 3-30-2013 9am

This is for the reply right below this one. Tks for posting and letting me know, that they had changed the order of buildings. It just goes to show how very short of a time I've been playing. Today is only my 8th day in this game, so obviously the Devs have made a lot of changes, and only the people who have been here awhile, know how many changes have happened, since the Thread Writer put this up. Still over all, this guide has helped to give me a better over-sight of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That was changed in a recent update. The wall & temple and cave & market were swapped over. :)