Grace Period

DeletedUser

Considering not everyone in this world really gets it. US servers usually run a 24 hour "grace" period for refugees (least in the ones I've played in). I'd like to know if we all can agree on a 24 hour grace period officially?

Because that's what I run and I think 24 hours is only fair, as 48 is WAY too much time.

DeletedUser

When a player leaves an alliance that is at war with someone, and then joins another alliance. The player is called a refugee. I run a 24 hour grace period in which any players that do so to join my team (in any world) will NOT be supported by us and it's up to them to defend themselves.

So let's say you guys are at war with someone, and one of your players leaves your alliance and joins mine. Now, the alliance you're at war with, probably won't be happy. So I give that opposing alliance to my new recruits previous alliance's war, 24 hours to get in what they want, and after that, it's considered an attack to constitute as war.

DeletedUser656

Standard Operating Procedure is 48 Hours in Most Worlds, some push 72 hours ftr.

DeletedUser

Well this isn't most worlds.. I run a 24 hour grace period. Beta ran 24 hours, Tau ran 24 hours, Sigma ran 24 hours. The only 48 hours I've seen was by an alliance that joined the US server because they left the EN server.

DeletedUser656

Beta most certainly ran a 48 Hour Grace Period(AT one point Red Dawn tried imposing 72 hour grace period there)..... Your facts are erroneous and quite frankly it is up to each individual alliance as to what they wish to honor. Thank you and have a nice day.

DeletedUser

Considering I was pacted with Red Dawn and they ran a 24 hour grace period I'm pretty sure you're a little off. Although they were kinda all over the place. And you're right. I run a 24 hour grace period Thorr. So that's what's on the table and what I left to your alliance. Which no one there scares me. I've said this to many of your alliance members and I'll say it to you as well. I know every strategy you guys would come up with, what times most of your players are usually on, I know which cities are the decoys and which aren't, I know how your coordination and communication works. I know way too much about your alliance, it's like you guys are my alliance lol.

I'm not looking to get into a war with you guys because there's no reason to do so. You're too small and not a threat. But if you guys want us to come pay you all a visit later on, we surely will. We like having nice new cities :D

DeletedUser656

You are incorrect sir, but you go ahead and believe what you would like I was there too and won that world and ALL 7 wonders as A Leader and Founder of Rise of the Storm Dragons. :) Oh and I am most certainly amused that another creator has been found who is omniscient. Toodles.

DeletedUser

Btw thanks for declaring war on us today :)

We're not going to do anything but rack up some DBP from you guys for a while. Let you guys keep wasting your time and efforts lol

DeletedUser

I have only ever seen 48 and 72 hour grace periods or players being kicked for being refugees based on the situation. I think it is low for a player to be an alliance hopper when being attacked anyway so more often than not I will ask for a refugee to be kicked, especially if they have been insulting. I find that 48 hours is a pretty fare amount of time. 24 hours is pretty short and doesn't give the scumbag, alliance-hopping coward enough time to get rimmed, but then again that's just me.

DeletedUser

I would have to say 48 hrs is not long enough. I personally don't think there should be a grace period. Why would you want to take a player that has tucked tail and ran from a war?? Do they seem like the kind of player that will help you in the long run or just try to hop to the next best thing??

DeletedUser

Well we bring in the best of players or those wanting to be coached to become the best. Idk about the rest of the alliances out there.

DeletedUser9555

I was accepted into Grep Reapers as I was leaving another alliance which was at war with Grep Reapers + 2 other alliances. I wasnt leaving because I was running from war, I saw how MRA'ish my alliance was when no one was supporting each other in the midst of 3 wars. Bend accepted me and then after me quite a few more people because we showed an interest in learning how a proper alliance works and how to fight and win. So people leaving alliances isnt always about them running away, many a times its them realizing how much MRA's suck.

DeletedUser

That's a different story if you leave without being attacked, but if you are being attacked and leave that's entirely different.

DeletedUser9276

I have always kind of disliked refugee rules in general to be honest. I think if someone joins your alliance and another group attacks them it is war. Don't take in members you aren't willing to protect or go to war for imo. Most likely if they desperately need your protection they probably aren't worth taking in the first place.

DeletedUser

I'm somewhat with you there Bend. I'm willing to protect everyone who joins us SO LONG AS they uphold our standards, otherwse if you're not voicing anything there's nothing I can do

DeletedUser

Does everybody agree that a 48 hour grace-period is more than fare and then after that players have paid their dues and can be a full fledged member of an alliance especially after being in the alliance for 2 or more weeks? I think we still have some leaders confused about the idea of refugees and grace-periods.