Gold

DeletedUser

Who all buys gold at the start of a world I do most the time just the seven dollar pack to get my admin and merchant going does anyone have any suggestion on how to best use a seven dollar pack at the start the world or should I just be buying the 15 pack so I got plenty to speed stuff up I kinda think it a waste to speed anything up though this early

DeletedUser

Its a waste in my opinion to use gold early on before you reach 2500 points. However this just comes down to the player. I have trial and error 3 worlds where I didn't use gold and still got to the top10. In those oceans before I was out of bp. So it just comes down to how you start your city build. But everyone has there own preference. I just hate to use gold except on admin and commander when I have at least 3 cities because I don't want to waste gold if I get conquered early

DeletedUser10111

Red my old Nemesis save your money. You can try and do a survey or two and try and score some gold that way. But dont spend to much on your city until you get a list from the new owner on how they want it built. Good luck Red! thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Haha smalls. That's been the best response to anything all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can tell who is a major Gold player if you look on Grep Intel. If their pts go up by 10k 15k and i have seen 20k and more per day, now it is far to early for these numbers to be done normally. Advisors help and on rare occasions you speed up a CS or two but if you need Gold like i have seen from top so called players here to be good well in all fairness your not.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Al...is this another one of your "I am better then everyone else, cause I don't gold whore" chants? let it go!

DeletedUser

In the beginning i normally reduce the time for every Building that takes longer as 6 hours once.

You can save yourself a lot of resources if you use the cost reduction on the expensive buildings. Aca 25-28. Senat 22-24.

Some things i decide on the spot.If i order 70 troops twice, shortly before going to sleep, and the baracks tell me 16 hours, i will spend 50 gold to reduce that to 8 hours. If i can get the 6. village directly after waking up:

50 gold for 15k+ in resources is OK for me.

But to all interested parties here. The reduction feature might be changed soon:

http://forum.beta.grepolis.com/showthread.php?2344-Introducing-Instant-Buy

I am unsure why there is no announcement here about this. The Germans were "warned" about this last Thursday :(

DeletedUser4610

Would be nice/awful in the beginning, so much to build, so few resources

DeletedUser

I do about what bayaz does, cut the long build times. If you do it right and farm enough you should have no problem keeping up with 3-4 hour build times on your buildings and you can still keep up a nice army.

DeletedUser4610

Yes, but at the very beginning, it will be a little frustrating, what with instant builds. Quests would help even it out,but I think it will be pretty tough to keep yourself supplied.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I really do not like instant build at all. I will not be happy if it gets implemented across all worlds

DeletedUser

Judging from my experience with Innosoft, it will come for sure :(

They spent time and resources developing it already. Maybe we get a little christmas present from them and they implement the Instant Buy and the Gold trading feature at the end of the year >_<

DeletedUser

^^^ What you say is true. It will come, rather we want it or not. That's how it always is with any of their games.

DeletedUser

Just another info (not verified yet, but from a source i trust) on the upcoming christmas event.

On the beta test server, you are now able to refill Tyches Wheel for 100 gold.

I am really looking forward to that >_<

It is becoming those that spend more get ahead, this game has become something i am starting to hate. The whole idea is to attract new players based on fairness and fun to play. Well if you spend gold like crazy its an advantage and not fun and very fair.

DeletedUser6677

I think the normal gold isn't such a big deal - you still need resources for everything

but during these events where you can buy unlimited of whatever you want, it's a bit ridiculous

it would be nice if there was a world that you could pay $50 or something as a one time fee to play in, and then there was no gold whatsoever in that world

;)