Gold

DeletedUser14682

I've been trying to make an excuse for myself to buy gold, but I don't see any point. Is there a gold shop I've been missing or something. All I can really see if reduced building times/costs & inventory spots.

Edit:Before anyone complains and say gold ruins the game, those are just the people who can't buy gold lol

DeletedUser271

Gold can also be used for the advisors that grant various advantages.

But basically you can use gold for: calling in the pheonician merchant in one of your cities, buying resources on the market, being more efficient during events. That's all I can think about right now but I'm sure there are more features :)

DeletedUser14682

I guess that's pretty fair for all the people who don't buy gold. Yet for us who are actually supporting the game it sorta blows lol.

DeletedUser12822

Umm... Culture? Olympic Games is the most efficient way to get slots. I'm sure the biggest gold spenders by many slots.

DeletedUser14682

So that's just it is Olympic games & I guess the advisers. Still aren't a good deal imo.

DeletedUser271

I honestly don't know what more you could possibly ask for - there's a gold possibility for about every aspect of the game :) The construction/recruitment times can now be finished instantly rather than being cut in half as it used to be, you can buy resources whenever you want with the market being constantly filled with gold for resources offers, your units have better statistics with the advisors and you also produce more resources and favor.

Do you want to buy favor? Buy cities? Buy World Wonders? Automatically launch attacks/supports? Sorry but the other players are not gonna let that happen and the game would be losing its strategy aspect, I'm sure even you don't want that :)

DeletedUser14682

Well i have a decent job, and I love pumping money into a game to make everyone around me so angry. That's really why I play, just to rustle jimmies.

DeletedUser11481

I think for the most part, you'd want to look at events during certain holidays. You can also use gold for trading players resources - so long as you mind the trade restrictions for certain payment methods (Available here)
I do highly advise use of the advisers - they are not particularly expensive and they are much more useful than a few lines of text can make them seem. The overviews (Administrator) and the farming benefits (Captain) cannot be understated. Olympic Games are good as well, but personally I don't bother with them once I'm established on a world (5+ cities)

DeletedUser14703

Well i have a decent job, and I love pumping money into a game to make everyone around me so angry. That's really why I play, just to rustle jimmies.

You want a sword that one shots cities?