Give Gold To Other Players

DeletedUser7629

Is this possible ? And I mean via inside the Game, not give them money to then buy gold.

Hoping we can transfer Gold to each other, but can seem to find the mechanics to do it on the GUI.

DeletedUser7629

Nope, not possible.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply..

Hmmm, I say this would be a good addition. I have some leaders that are doing such a great job, and I have them burdened with so many tasks (because they are more experienced than I, but I am the founder), that until I find more leaders to lighten the load, I;d like to reward them with some Gold. I'd purchase it, then distribute it to them as I seen fit. Hopefully make them more happy and eager to do the job and do it good.

Seems like my idea could also be used for a lot of similar ideas. ?? Maybe ??

DeletedUser

Hey, thanks for the quick reply..

Hmmm, I say this would be a good addition. I have some leaders that are doing such a great job, and I have them burdened with so many tasks (because they are more experienced than I, but I am the founder), that until I find more leaders to lighten the load, I;d like to reward them with some Gold. I'd purchase it, then distribute it to them as I seen fit. Hopefully make them more happy and eager to do the job and do it good.

Seems like my idea could also be used for a lot of similar ideas. ?? Maybe ??

It could be useful, yes.

DeletedUser6919

I think it's a great idea. It's extra revenue for innogames and would be good to be able to give gifts, offer incentives or to help team mates out if they needed to rebuild fast.

DeletedUser7629

It could be useful, yes.

I think it's a great idea. It's extra revenue for innogames and would be good to be able to give gifts, offer incentives or to help team mates out if they needed to rebuild fast.

Thanks for supporting the idea. I think I will try to post this in the "Idea" section of that one forum. See what happens. lol

If you guys still feel the same way after they review it (and hopefully post it) please chime in to "like" the idea in the thread.

DeletedUser

This has been discussed before and is not being implemented.

DeletedUser

If you trust them, send them $6.99 in the form of a paypal payment. Then they can use the funds to buy the gold themselves.

DeletedUser298

I think it would just be an easy way to cheat the system. I have another account, with about 800 gold that I've gotten from inviting friends, I sometimes use it for a new world, but if I transfered it then I would gain an extra 800 to this account, and I don't really have a lot of gold.

DeletedUser7629

I think it would just be an easy way to cheat the system. I have another account, with about 800 gold that I've gotten from inviting friends, I sometimes use it for a new world, but if I transfered it then I would gain an extra 800 to this account, and I don't really have a lot of gold.
True. And very good point. But IMO (not like it matters cause it aint happening anyway right -lol) thats not really a game changing cheat. There will be only so many friends someone could get to this game. That would cap off pretty quick and not grow. I've tried to invite friends and they all laugh at me for even playing the game.. lol So even if someone had a few friends to join I don't think one could ever get that much gold off friends.

Then of course there is the possibility of the "earning gold" thing... Again, long, tedious and doesn't really pay off much. Sure you could do it, it would cap off after a while and big deal, someone got 1,000 total. Thats not much of a cheat imo that would counter the good of trading gold could offer.

And if it got real bad as far as, someone opens 15 accounts, 14 to harvest the free gold, and 1 that gets it all, I feel the moderators could see that easily. I mean, how do they keep people playing together from the same house, same internet, same ip address, etc.. ? I seen they got rules against that, and hopefully (for all our sakes) they have ways of finding out who is breaking them rules and then enforcing them. So same way with that, they could make a rule (and enforce it) that gold can not transfer between 2 accounts on the same ip address using the same technology they hopefully better already have to catch the gold harvesting transfer cheaters.

Yes of course now we could get into starting separate internet accounts to your building from your provider, but jesus, someone doing that then gold harvest transferring is the LEAST of our worries.

Again, though, all this don't matter. I guess it aint ever gonna happen. Why ? Who knows. Cause the security they better already have against multiple account cheaters would and should work on the gold harvest transferring you mention. And if its because they don't have good security against multiple account cheaters, then again, the gold is the least of our worries.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If players could give gold to each other, Grepolis would lose out on a lot of cash. When players quit, they lose the gold...if they could give it away then there would be a lot less gold purchased. A game convenience like that would take a big bite out of their pocket book. Its all about the cash, although it would be nice to think otherwise.

DeletedUser14500

I've seen some servers that have Gold Trading in the Market. If you are in those worlds you can do it. It's tricky & risky but can be done. It's all about timing! You and the player you want to give it to set up a time to the second such as 08:00:12. A couple seconds before that time you post a trade such as "you offer 500 Gold for 100 wood", your friend will be jumping in and out of the Market at this time (you must go in & out to refresh the market) and as soon as he sees the offer he grabs it. I have pulled this off numerous times successfully however as we all know if someone sees it first, IT'S GONE!

Timing & communication is the Key.

DeletedUser7318

I've seen some servers that have Gold Trading in the Market. If you are in those worlds you can do it. It's tricky & risky but can be done. It's all about timing! You and the player you want to give it to set up a time to the second such as 08:00:12. A couple seconds before that time you post a trade such as "you offer 500 Gold for 100 wood", your friend will be jumping in and out of the Market at this time (you must go in & out to refresh the market) and as soon as he sees the offer he grabs it. I have pulled this off numerous times successfully however as we all know if someone sees it first, IT'S GONE!

Timing & communication is the Key.

It's kind of silly to necro this thread 2 years after its latest response..

DeletedUser

You can have the gold receiver put up a deal where they get 100 wood for 500 gold. No one would accept it because it sucks so much. Then the gold payer would agree to the deal. This way your deal doesn't get taken up by others.