Give Credit Where Credit is Do...

DeletedUser13074

Duck, I am not in very of changing any rules of active servers, but it is standard procedure. Remember, they changed the VM wonder rules after the server started! And the geniuses let wonders start right before Christmas peace time! But, it was not a change designed to punish your team. It was what they felt was good for all servers. I think your team exploited a bug, which by definition is a violation of the players agreement, but inno viewed it different, so you can send them the gift! Either way, all players should thank Inno that this server isn't going to go on another year! You guys fought good and are victors of Baris, you should be proud, not whine that you couldn't keep enough players together to crown.

DeletedUser10354

Duck, I am not in very of changing any rules of active servers, but it is standard procedure. Remember, they changed the VM wonder rules after the server started! And the geniuses let wonders start right before Christmas peace time! But, it was not a change designed to punish your team. It was what they felt was good for all servers. I think your team exploited a bug, which by definition is a violation of the players agreement, but inno viewed it different, so you can send them the gift! Either way, all players should thank Inno that this server isn't going to go on another year! You guys fought good and are victors of Baris, you should be proud, not whine that you couldn't keep enough players together to crown.

Just don't forget to drop that thank you card in the mail! It's the least Inno deserves from TBA/JG/IA/GDI/etc. Now I gotta go petition Inno to change the settings of this 1/1 conquest world to 3/3 revolt once wonders have started cause I think those settings will give my team a better shot.

DeletedUser

Crybabies: Read the profiles of most of your members.
Hypocrites: The Kittens freaked out when we VM'd a wonder island in PHI. It is all there on the Baris externals.
Nothing clever in what you did. You exploited a bug which is a violation of the players agreement.
ANd enough with 300 vs. 40. Your ongoing comments said we only would attack with 20-40 players.
Without the morale change we still would have won. 6-9 months probably, but we were surronding your wonder.
Just be gracious losers, tell us we showed a better commitment to the world and move on.
To blame inno is petty and stupid. They changed the rule on VMing wonder cities after wonders started. Their updates were not designed to punish your violation of the players agreement, but standard proceedure to make the game more balanced and fun.

Pretty sure I was saying only 30/40 attacked the Wonders and gave credit to those who did.
Hypocrits is new - I was there though, you may have missed the messages being sent to the Raiders where EE said they were going to keep rotating VM until the server ended. The change didn't happen in that world (I took the 6th).
I actually don't think you could win without this change, I've never said you guys did or didn't deserve it - I just saw what the gdu stack lost and without full commitment it was never going to even end in a revolt, even if it did you would then have a much bigger stack to beat. The only plan was to use morale, to change the world settings was unheard of. It would seem the original gripe of getting those 5 days of protection hasn't been dealt with and neither was it known/planned. You had pretty much surrounded the wonder.
I am also balanced in terms of commitment, it took a lot to keep going with no chance of winning on both sides. Changes had to be made to the game, but mid-world? Have to say it must have been frustrating and I wouldn't have enjoyed your position- but it wasn't easy on this end either.
I have wanted this server to end for a long time but I never quit so I'm pleased and disappointed with how it ended. I'm just irritated by your generalised comments.
I congratulated EE, it is hard to just pop on here and do the same when the externals had already done to the dogs. I have friends and a lot of people I respect on the reds (and a small minority I don't) so it is a shame.

DeletedUser13074

Hypocrites is based on KOD members formally complaining that Evil Eyes said "Gaming the rules" by vming an island is a sleazeball practice. Was within the rule. If you don't feel that the way Mike MBA violated the players agreement by the morale move, it was clearly "gaming the rules". It is noble when you do it, but slimy when Evil Eyes VM'd the island? Consistency! And, KOD played a great game. No question. Will never take away victors from your team and call it tarnished. Read the profiles of KOD players. You will see the cry babies. And if only 30-40 players attacked wonders, how is 300-30? Enthusiasm for every world ends after victors if masters isn't realized quickly. Those who stayed and played should be congratulated. Frankly, I wish you guys gave it a shot after the rule change instead of taking your ball and going home. You still might have done well! If the countdown didn't start in 6-7 months we would have got it anyway. Glad its over, though, haha.

DeletedUser10354

Hypocrites is based on KOD members formally complaining that Evil Eyes said "Gaming the rules" by vming an island is a sleazeball practice. Was within the rule. If you don't feel that the way Mike MBA violated the players agreement by the morale move, it was clearly "gaming the rules". It is noble when you do it, but slimy when Evil Eyes VM'd the island? Consistency! And, KOD played a great game. No question. Will never take away victors from your team and call it tarnished. Read the profiles of KOD players. You will see the cry babies. And if only 30-40 players attacked wonders, how is 300-30? Enthusiasm for every world ends after victors if masters isn't realized quickly. Those who stayed and played should be congratulated. Frankly, I wish you guys gave it a shot after the rule change instead of taking your ball and going home. You still might have done well! If the countdown didn't start in 6-7 months we would have got it anyway. Glad its over, though, haha.

1- claiming you would have gotten it anyway is a flat out lie. You haven't been close for months. The only way this server was going to end was by changing the rules or if enough inactives finally ghosted.

2- vming a wonder is different from using the settings of the world set from the get go to your advantage. You can't counter the wonder vm you can only wait. You could have countered the morale move by dropping your points yourself. Only Conan did that. The rest of the team was either too lazy or couldn't figure out how important that was.

3- if using morale is a glitch then so is launching hundreds of bs attacks at a player to lock up their game.

Morale is a setting just like speed and conquest vs revolt. To change it mid server would be tantamount to changing from revolt to conquest. You know as well as I do that had Inno not caved to the bitching and moaning this server would have ended without anyone getting the glorified participation trophy known as a crown.

DeletedUser13074

1) Disagree. We picked up 55 Dididi cities near your wonder the last opp. We were getting more and more succesful as you were getting more and more tired.
2) It is not. And your player did not mechanically drop, he ghosted after new players weren't allowed int he game and restarted. Would have had much more respect for the move if it cost your alliance slots, as the game is attended.
3) The BS attacks (at least the ones I sent) were less so designed to lock up the game, but strategically timed (2, 12, 15 and 18 hours) to coordinate with times the revolt attacks would be picking up as well as suspected times CS' would be hitting. The design of the move is to make it impossible for good defenders to identify CS. You know that is a good strategy and part of fair play.

They changed the morale rules server wide, not directed to this world. There are constant updates on every server. The adding of heroes, the adding of quests, etc. Inno is constantly updating the game. To believe that Inno would make a server wide change cause of complaints in Baris is foolish.

There are many things Inno did that I disagree with. Changing our VM rules after the server started. Starting wonders 2 days before Christmas and changing the morale rules. That said, I feel that Mike MBA was exploiting a bug which is clearly forbidden in the players agreement. Inno did not agree with my interpretation, and hence did not issue him a penalty, but the move is borderline, at best. It is not a noble action.

That said, Inno has the right to change the game rules server wide which is what happened here. To think that the players in Baris have enough pull to make a server wide change is a massive leap and could only be accepted by the biggest conspiracy theorists. Baris is not important enough for Inno to make server wide changes.

DeletedUser11720

Who are you? Don't remember a player named Pluto in Baris.

pluto is not in baris but i assure you i am. i still am.. i didnt ghost !!!
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

DeletedUser11809

1- claiming you would have gotten it anyway is a flat out lie. You haven't been close for months. The only way this server was going to end was by changing the rules or if enough inactives finally ghosted.

2- vming a wonder is different from using the settings of the world set from the get go to your advantage. You can't counter the wonder vm you can only wait. You could have countered the morale move by dropping your points yourself. Only Conan did that. The rest of the team was either too lazy or couldn't figure out how important that was.

3- if using morale is a glitch then so is launching hundreds of bs attacks at a player to lock up their game.

Morale is a setting just like speed and conquest vs revolt. To change it mid server would be tantamount to changing from revolt to conquest. You know as well as I do that had Inno not caved to the bitching and moaning this server would have ended without anyone getting the glorified participation trophy known as a crown.

It would always effect an ongoing server, since there is never a period where there isnt an active server by Inno to do an update and game improvements happen constantly...So yes, the change would always effect someone mid-step. This part of the statement is invalid at least...

If your game locks up because of the attacks, you need a better processor LOL JK Duck ;)

Lets just say..GOOD GAME and see yall on the next one!

DeletedUser9378

Baris was so long, most of it has already been forgotten. You almost have to break it down into phases. A lot of very hard fought, very different battles over this very long world. You can crop out a lot of dumb stuff and find some truly great moments from a variety of players and groups. This world was full of frustration and pettiness but it had multiple momentum shifts, there were some very tough times for everyone at different points in this world. Many people bailed during very tough times, I'm not talking about bailing because the waiting game went on too long, I mean well before that when the world was flipped upside down on more then one occasion. I think the perspective on deserving is very different depending on which group you were with but if you give an honest look back at this crazy world you will realize that everyone had some tough times were they had to just keep on fighting. This world had an increasingly bitter taste as the time continued to drag that makes it easy to forget all the stuff that came before.
This world had it's epic moments, it had it's fun, it's frustration and just about anything you can experience in a world.

To everyone, from all teams, you have my admiration for continuing to stubbornly push on and keep up the fight.

DeletedUser10832

3) The BS attacks (at least the ones I sent) were less so designed to lock up the game, but strategically timed (2, 12, 15 and 18 hours) to coordinate with times the revolt attacks would be picking up as well as suspected times CS' would be hitting. The design of the move is to make it impossible for good defenders to identify CS. You know that is a good strategy and part of fair play.

You're right.. spotting a CS was really hard. hehe Cheers Now move along and go play what is now the new No-Morale Grepolis.

ui-1sWznRUiKKX1z0B8-Sg.png

DeletedUser13074

Exactly why we started adding more fake attacks in the mix.