Gela Rumor Mill

DeletedUser

Thank you for getting back on topic guys.

I would like to remind everyone that bringing real life details, even fictional real life details, into forum discussions is not welcome.

Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser14385

Rumor has it caesar said something bad about dragon leadership and they booted him and left him for dead.

DeletedUser13569

This entire world has been a complete waste and a joke. Once Infected State basically decided to bow down to Storm Dragon's there is hardly any real fighting or competition. The leader's of Storm Dragon's and WRILY of Infected state played dirty politics to get where they are. Everyone is stuck waiting for the next conquest world to open so we can play a REAL world.......apparently MRA's do win sometimes....

DeletedUser11243

Rumor has it this world is so boring that a revolt world with morale enabled is more fun.

DeletedUser9268

This entire world has been a complete waste and a joke. Once Infected State basically decided to bow down to Storm Dragon's there is hardly any real fighting or competition. The leader's of Storm Dragon's and WRILY of Infected state played dirty politics to get where they are. Everyone is stuck waiting for the next conquest world to open so we can play a REAL world.......apparently MRA's do win sometimes....

I am sorry you have had such a bad experience in Gela Hamburger. However, I cannot see how this world is any different than any other world. There will always be huggers, noobs, coiners, gunners, botters, etc. in virtually equal proportions with the skill level often rising as the speed increases.

You mention that there is "hardly any real fighting or competition". Are you suggesting/implying that you and/or the alliance you are a member of is so good that you guys are bored? Because if you are a member of the Dragon series then they have more than enough fighting going on and not doing so well. I don't see a true MRA winning this world but I do see a coalition series winning obviously which is the case in most worlds.
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

DeletedUser14245

I am an enemy of DRAS. But I have to agree, I'm more of a diplomat than an all out fighter, and mainly what I see in SDR is war after war.

I'm not complaining, you do get more bp that way, but SDR has a habit of starting new wars before finishing old ones. We could have finished off Variant a few days after they sprung up, but then more and more people left us and starting joining Variant. Then we almost took down Brotherhood of Minions, and now they are up and running again. I tend to believe that defense is the best way to gain bp, but my fellow dragons do not share that belief mainly. thisisgrepolis There is no running!

DeletedUser9268

I am an enemy of DRAS. But I have to agree, I'm more of a diplomat than an all out fighter, and mainly what I see in SDR is war after war.

I'm not complaining, you do get more bp that way, but SDR has a habit of starting new wars before finishing old ones. We could have finished off Variant a few days after they sprung up, but then more and more people left us and starting joining Variant. Then we almost took down Brotherhood of Minions, and now they are up and running again. I tend to believe that defense is the best way to gain bp, but my fellow dragons do not share that belief mainly. thisisgrepolis There is no running!

I have stayed out of the politics in this world and have not really kept up with who is fighting who. I mention this because I don't want anyone to think I am presenting my opinion from an insider view. I can only provide my impressions from just playing the game as just a regular player.

My impression is that many of the SDR members jumped into this world early hoping to piggyback onto the winning alliance which many times is one of the inner core alliances. Put simply, the goal of many players was to jump in early and assure themselves a crown with the guys that formed in the middle. This is in contrast to the players who jump in early with talent and like to get the early lead in bp and points. So what I am seeing now are good players trapped in a core surrounded by "do nothing" players. Unfortunately, and due to whatever the reason, many of the top players who found themselves in positions of leadership have made "too much peace" hence the constant teasing from the rim alliances (ya know, calling them huggers). While SDR has a solid core and some good players, their "do nothing" players (and they have too many) are getting eaten alive by the Variant team and the Name Changers who are hyper active players and very aggressive. Apparently, all one has to do is not go inactive and they can live in the inner core and be a Dragon.

If I were the leader of SDR (and I am not nor am I even sure who is); I would start a civil war and dump the trash. Variant and the Name Changers will eventually overtake SDR in every category if SDR does not find some food better food and I don't mean just waiting around for their neighbor to quit. I don't like that tactic as it bores the heck out of players and runs the good ones off. I think this view may differ from yours wherein I detect that you may want to stand your ground and hold things together and finish things off systematically (which is not a completely bad strategy either; just not one I prefer). I don't like joining the inner core early on since this is often the problems associated with being in the inner core. I like to describe the inner core alliances as being really, really good MRA's who are stuck with each other with this world being fairly typical in the center. This is unlike players who choose to wait to get mid world spawns to ensure their team can all spawn together.

And Cardinal, regarding Variant....those guys are pretty impressive. Even if I were playing 100%. and even if I started using gold like crazy, I would find it a challenge to keep pace with those guys. I think it would take the combined force of a good portion of Gela's best to give Variant a good fight. The only players who could stop Variant are the players in Variant it seems. I do predict that if we find ourselves in the same alliance as the Variant members then we will likely win this world. The Name Changers are of course outstanding and I don't think it is a secret at this point that they are closely allied closely with Variant.

I am not going to go back and proofread since I don't want to waste too much time talking about fighting so I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say.

DeletedUser14385

I find this absolutely hilarious!!!! How would you have finished off variant after we sprung up? I am very interested to hear your take on this.

DeletedUser13569

I am sorry you have had such a bad experience in Gela Hamburger. However, I cannot see how this world is any different than any other world. There will always be huggers, noobs, coiners, gunners, botters, etc. in virtually equal proportions with the skill level often rising as the speed increases.

You mention that there is "hardly any real fighting or competition". Are you suggesting/implying that you and/or the alliance you are a member of is so good that you guys are bored? Because if you are a member of the Dragon series then they have more than enough fighting going on and not doing so well. I don't see a true MRA winning this world but I do see a coalition series winning obviously which is the case in most worlds.
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

No what I'm saying is there's no personality to any conflict. There's no grudge matches, one on ones, personalized battles. Its this guy sends a clearing wave, now this guys sends a clearing wavenow, now this other guy sends a cs, and some one else sends support. When I was playing in Actium and even Troy, it was mostly one on one mostly til the very very end. Even at the end I was still having one on one battles with Doctor whooves...(respect Dr.whooves)

DeletedUser9268

No what I'm saying is there's no personality to any conflict. There's no grudge matches, one on ones, personalized battles. Its this guy sends a clearing wave, now this guys sends a clearing wavenow, now this other guy sends a cs, and some one else sends support. When I was playing in Actium and even Troy, it was mostly one on one mostly til the very very end. Even at the end I was still having one on one battles with Doctor whooves...(respect Dr.whooves)

Fair enough Hamburger. I mean, we are all here for entertainment and drama in a war game is part of that experience. I do see a lack of passion and a lot of players doing only what is necessary to acquire a hat. If the game is no fun, then who cares about a pretty hat.

DeletedUser12251

What's so bad about people working as a team? Is that not how the game is suppose to be played? I prefer to run my own Ops generally, but if someone can add support or a clearing wave or two, I'm not likely to turn down the help. Heck, most Ops ran on me involved multiple players. Just meant times were tighter and I had to be on point.

DeletedUser14245

Yes. You almost always need support.

I had never been in #1 alliance until now...it's a game changer.

DeletedUser

Being in the #1 alliance doesn't change things... it doesn't make it easier or harder...

DeletedUser14385

Yes. You almost always need support.

I had never been in #1 alliance until now...it's a game changer.

Gamechanger huh? then why do you only have 9k TOTAL BATTLE POINTS????? Thats impressive for a server over 2 months old, not sure how you managed that many... Especially with your 7 cities.

To me the game changer is it makes you just sim and not actually fight.

DeletedUser10953

We could have finished off Variant a few days after they sprung up

It's so funny the things that are spewed from the fingertips of that #1 alliance. Wait..#1 in points. Please continue to build nice cities so the #1 Fighting Alliance (Variant) can put them to real use with 1/3 of your player count.
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

It's so funny the things that are spewed from the fingertips of that #1 alliance. Wait..#1 in points. Please continue to build nice cities so the #1 Fighting Alliance (Variant) can put them to real use with 1/3 of your player count.
smiley_emoticons_ins-auge-stechen.gif

Don't forget to mention Variant is also the #1 Humble Alliance (most humility points).

Last edited:

DeletedUser9268

are you sure you own that #1 spot... AD seemed pretty damn humble in his interview in that new newspaper :D

What is your fascination with AD? Every post you make is about AD. Are you even playing Gela? And further, the interview with AD was anything but humble, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11243

So let me get this straight. From what I've read here:

SDR is the #1 alliance.
Unless you count talent then Variant is the #1 alliance.
Or if you count ego then the Name Changers are #1.

Coalitions are terrible and evil and will never work and they have no integrity, no on should ever be in a coalition, blah blah blah, when they are formed against The Name Changes in the instance of Storm Dragons and Dragons Den. BUT a "coalition" that includes the Name Changers is all rainbows and lollipops

Final observation, Sloth, I think you are too smart to post in this forum. Sorry dude. Don't get discouraged. There are people here who get it. Maybe the others will learn something. Then again, maybe not.