Gela Rumor Mill

DeletedUser7318

lol was a leader in scrooges, so I knew it was getting dissolved, but haven't been given an invite. I've seen guys who I have literally cleared whole cities for invited to the new one though.

Some people have invites, some don't. If you're belligerent about the fact that you weren't sent an invite, fine, but I don't see a problem here. You weren't kicked, and you have a clear avenue to get an invite sent to you if you asked.

DeletedUser1048

What is this about a sister alliance dissolving? Was that planned or did someone get angry and do it?

I'm not sure that your "developed core" really means anything when it's on the rim and has less alliance ABP than the week dead Dank Memers.

Rim, might want to take a look again. We are in the middle of 45. Abp matters this early in the world because why exactly? It doesn't show much right now, we still have the event going on that players with some gold can get a good number of fliers and other troops from. Not much you can do abp wise when no one you hit rebuilds troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7318

What is this about a sister alliance dissolving? Was that planned or did someone get angry and do it?

Rim, might want to take a look again. We are in the middle of 45. Abp matters this early in the world because why exactly? It doesn't show much right now, we still have the event going on that players with some gold can get a good number of fliers and other troops from. Not much you can do abp wise when no one you hit rebuilds troops.

The sister alliance dissolving was a planned merger into one main alliance-- it groups all of our players together while also trimming the herd of inactive or low activity players who just don't make the cut, so no milestone unfortunately :p

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
I'm not sure that your "developed core" really means anything when it's on the rim and has less alliance ABP than the week dead Dank Memers.

It doesn't concern us. ABP doesn't matter at this point in the world, especially when there's an event where gold users can build manti/harpy nukes no problem.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14381

It doesn't concern us. ABP doesn't matter at this point in the world, especially when there's an event where gold users can build manti/harpy nukes no problem.

Mythical nukes can definitely take out mass quantities of DLU, but if you play right you should be able to dodge their nukes and then hit their nukes in return and get massive ABP out of it. If your main focus from the start isn't to attack and kill everything in your way on your way towards conquest then you're just wasting your time. No hard feelings fellas thisisgrepolis

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
Mythical nukes can definitely take out mass quantities of DLU, but if you play right you should be able to dodge their nukes and then hit their nukes in return and get massive ABP out of it. If your main focus from the start isn't to attack and kill everything in your way on your way towards conquest then you're just wasting your time. No hard feelings fellas thisisgrepolis

No kidding, tell that to all the noobs you took out, us grepo vets know the difference, no need to explain. We understand you like shortcuts.

DeletedUser1048

I thought you guys invited everyone in the way. Or at least that is what the rumors suggest ;)

DeletedUser14381

I thought you guys invited everyone in the way. Or at least that is what the rumors suggest ;)

Ok now see that's good banter :p

As for the questioning of my experience, just because this account started this month doesn't mean I haven't played in years past on the EN servers Sgt. If you really think I'm a noob then put your money where your mouth is and come fight me later on ;) the middle of O55 is pretty dead anyways, I could use some more DBP

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
Ok now see that's good banter :p

As for the questioning of my experience, just because this account started this month doesn't mean I haven't played in years past on the EN servers Sgt. If you really think I'm a noob then put your money where your mouth is and come fight me later on ;) the middle of O55 is pretty dead anyways, I could use some more DBP

I figured you were an EN player, you talk too much not to be

DeletedUser14381

It would be foolish to waste my time traveling over there 8) No need to waste my troops when even 'The Raiders' are fully capable

... now that was a rumor/joke

I'll be honest, I truly laughed at that one
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif
+rep

I've been attacking them no problem for the last 2 weeks straight so I'm glad someone finally made a joke
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
I'll be honest, I truly laughed at that one
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif
+rep

I've been attacking them no problem for the last 2 weeks straight so I'm glad someone finally made a joke
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

I spent a solid 5 minutes looking around your area and they were the only agglomeration around, I would say alliance but they're too easy for that lol

DeletedUser5079

My best guess is as good as yours, after The Scrooges MRA policy and hand holding there isn't much going on

lol I'm surprised that no members from Storm Dragons have said anything yet, Scrooges sent out around 10 cs in an op, and all of them were destroyed. They got miffed because they realized that even though they had 89 members they couldn't take one city, so they dissolved the sister alliance and now its just a smaller group of the same individuals

DeletedUser6486

lol I'm surprised that no members from Storm Dragons have said anything yet, Scrooges sent out around 10 cs in an op, and all of them were destroyed. They got miffed because they realized that even though they had 89 members they couldn't take one city, so they dissolved the sister alliance and now its just a smaller group of the same individuals

Rumor has it that they're planning something, that's why they're so quiet...

or they're just really shy
smiley_emoticons_blush-reloaded6.gif

DeletedUser7318

One cs conquered successfully out of about 7-8.

So yes, the op was a failure. stuff happens, and the only people who seem to get rustled by it are you and Lethalsniper, who both decided to join Variant for dumb reasons.

The op was on the day after Christmas. Honestly, the failure of the OP isn't a surprise-- people have real lives outside of Grepolis. Not everyone stays at home for the holidays.

I'm assuming you already know this, but it's extremely hard to get tight timings when you're playing from mobile. Add being at Christmas parties to that, and it was just an overall stupid idea to plan an op for that time.

But you know what? That's fine. The op failed, so what. At the end of the day, everyone will fail ops, and I'd rather one failure early in a server weed out the people like you and Lethal so that you don't flip flop later on and screw people over.