Founding Cities on Enemy Islands

DeletedUser

Why is it that there are no hammer icons to found a city on some enemy islands, but islands nearby do have the icons?

The islands I'm looking at have 3-5 free spaces within the info tab, and only 17 cities on the island. But no icons

The island below that one has 4 enemy cities, and 5 available icons. Its a 20 slot island.

DeletedUser10048

Usually the Anchors are from players that have played then quit or not logged in within a set timeframe therefore leaving behind the anchor which then means you can found on it, islands without them is because usually there isnt enough players playing the world to allow too much spread.

Kind of like herding you to battle.... or so i believe, an ingame mod may be able to shed more light.

DeletedUser11481

Anchor positions and availability are based on a formula within the game's code. They are based partially on player activity, active monthly players, and proximity to players. The process is randomized to a degree, so we cannot provide insight or speculate into the availability of anchors in a certain area or a specific anchor. I can say, however that this is in the game's design.