Founding a new City

DeletedUser

So this is my 2nd server ive played on.. This one and Zeta.. (recently quit zeta to start over here). Well on zeta to begin with I wanted to have perfect locations on my first few cities so instead of conquering people id suffer with having to build my cities up but also having a good location. So I decided to found new cities in the perfect locations surrounding my first city. Well I noticed on this server I just found an island with farming villages just one person on it. But the spots dont say I can found a new city there. Theres plenty of open spots on the island but you cannot found a city. What gives? (ps i know you can found cities on islands with no farming villages this is not what im talking about)

DeletedUser

its because its early in the game and the islands are still filling up with new players. these spots only happen after a few weeks or after people ghost sorry D:

DeletedUser2039

To elaborate, there are really 3 types of city spots on an island. Unused, occupied, or used. All larger islands (with farming villages) start with unused spots. They will then become occupied as players join and populate the world. Over time, these players will ghost and slots will open on the islands. These are used spots, so they can be founded on. You can not found on an unused spot. I hope this makes sense. Good luck!

DeletedUser

I was just kidding thanks for better informing him tyler!

DeletedUser4900

just conquer your cities in good locations!!! Hope this helps :D

DeletedUser2039

Well I didn't want to be obvious about it, but this player asked a question a I think answering his/her question would be best. If I had to advise, yes cites conquered are always better, but let them do the thinking on their strategy. ;)

DeletedUser

Obviously conquering a city is better then founding if they are in the same location. However certain islands have only small players with 2k points or less. I would rather found a city then conquer a city thats 2k because in my experience alot of newbies really wreck the academy stuff. Also when i was on zeta the surrounding islands didnt have much population so i just decided to start off founding so I would have a good base.