Forum Explained: Moderation and Titles

DeletedUser

Hello everyone!

Now that we moved to the new forum there are going to be some changes to moderation.

Titles
First we have slightly modified the forum titles you can achieve by actively taking part in the discussions on the forum.
Below are the forum titles and the respective post counts needed to achieve them:

titles.png

There are only 3 Olympians amongst us right now, with more than 2500 posts. Consider it a challenge!

Warnings
The less pleasant part is explaining how warnings will be handled on the new forums.

If a moderator find you are breaking the forum rules he will issue a warning. Every warning has a number of Warning Points assigned to it - those depend on the severity of the misconduct. Many warnings have a certain default number of points assigned but we look at each case individually and reserve the right to adjust those points depending on circumstances.

Generally this warning will belong to one of the below categories:

• Signature Rule Violation - 0 Warning Points
  • Spam - 1 Warning Point
  • Off topic - 1 Warning Point
  • Inappropriate Behavior - 2 Warning Points
  • Inappropriate Language - 2 Warning Points
  • Ban discussion - 2 Warning Points
  • Insulted other members - 3 Warning Points
  • Ignoring Moderator Instructions - 4 Warning Points
  • Ban - 10 points
The warning points last 14 days (2 weeks). If someone gathers 10 points within that time they will be automatically banned but once the points expire they will be allowed to return to the forums!

If a Forum Admin finds someone frequently breaks the rules or intentionally commits serious offences like posting inappropriate content that person will be permanently removed from the forums.

Best Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser12822

I like it. It makes everything clear so there is no miscommunication about what is and what isn't a ban.

DeletedUser5973

So I can make any signature I want since I won't get points. Good to know

DeletedUser6919

Easy fix. If they ask you to change it, swap it for a bigger one.

DeletedUser5973

I will just alter one minor detail and ask if they can find it

DeletedUser11560

I would've been an Olympian but Charl persuaded me to change my username :D